SIGforum
How to Say You're Old, Without Saying You're Old

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/6740041225

September 22, 2026, 10:07 PM
heydrich
How to Say You're Old, Without Saying You're Old
When you take your garbage carts out to the curb and you have to think…………do I have pants on?
Or………you remember something, is it really a memory or just something you saw on TV a long, long time ago.


“I'm fat because every time I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Is committed to helping to responsibly increase carbon emissions.
September 22, 2026, 10:26 PM
darthfuster
I watched Jack Lalanne on a black and white TV.



You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier
September 22, 2026, 10:48 PM
Mustang-PaPa
quote:
Originally posted by heydrich:
When you take your garbage carts out to the curb and you have to think…………do I have pants on?
Or………you remember something, is it really a memory or just something you saw on TV a long, long time ago.


Hahaha. I have this dream of me going outside to move my sprinklers around and I am in my whitty tiddy underwear.

Guess I will know that i cannot be trusted on my own when it really happens. Lol
September 23, 2026, 06:21 PM
Nuclear
I went through airport security today, and the nice young lady TSA agent asked me if I had any internal metal in my body.

I don’t, but apparently I look old enough to have some.
September 23, 2026, 10:52 PM
DonSaba
My girlfriend sitting next to me on bench seat with no seat belts in a Dodge Power Wagon cruising a main drag on a Saturday night.

Being at an outdoor rock concert with the Doors, Buffalo Springfield, or the Byrds standing just feet away from me.
September 24, 2026, 09:57 AM
skywag
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I watched Jack Lalanne on a black and white TV.


A few years ago, my wife and I were on Maui.....in a hotel. We were out on the balcony, and Jack was in the next room. He came out on his balcony and thrust out his hand for a handshake...."Hi! I'm Jack Lalanne!!

Unfortunately, he was dying, and we heard him coughing all night.
September 24, 2026, 10:34 AM
tatortodd
I got a gem from my cousin today:

My band's MySpace site only exists on the wayback machine



Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
September 24, 2026, 10:43 AM
BigSwede
We used Mercurochrome on cuts


September 24, 2026, 01:46 PM
V-Tail
Body shaming was not only acceptable, it made the Hit Parade. Remember the Too Fat Polka?



הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
September 24, 2026, 02:11 PM
cparktd
Just went on vacation… had to carry a separate drug bag for the first time…



If things changed, things would be different.
September 24, 2026, 02:28 PM
Mr.Brooks
Many of my favorite rock stars are getting hip replacements
September 24, 2026, 02:35 PM
oldbill123
Calling the tidy bowl commercial line
September 24, 2026, 03:38 PM
architect
I remember when you had to remove the door when throwing away a busted fridge.

And the trash pickup guys would just haul it away on trash day, no "special pickup" call needed.
September 24, 2026, 03:38 PM
arfmel
My parents called scouring powder “Bab-O”.
September 24, 2026, 04:31 PM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
My parents called scouring powder “Bab-O”.






הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
September 24, 2026, 05:00 PM
ArtieS
We had this bar of stuff called "Griswold's Salve" It was oleate of lead in a hard resin. You lit a match, melted the surface of it, wiped the hot salve on a bandage, and put it (still fucking hot) on an infected wound, or buried splinter. It would kill the bacteria in the wound and pull off the dead tissue when you removed the bandage. If you had a splinter, it would draw the splinter, and when you removed it, the splinter would be standing up in the salve.

I touched a spiderweb broken window once as a kid, and drove a number of clear glass splinters into the tip of my index finger. Painful as hell, and invisible. My dad put a bandaid with Griswold's on it, and the next day, we pulled a group of splinters that looked like a flower out of the tip of my finger. All glass removed, no infection.

Loved the stuff. No longer available because "lead is bad".

I still have about a 3/4 inch stub of the stuff.





"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
September 25, 2026, 09:56 PM
Citadel
They would play the national anthem and the tv would go into a test pattern. Black and White. After the late news.
September 27, 2026, 07:19 PM
darthfuster
I saw people buying cigarettes from vending machines



You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier
September 27, 2026, 07:25 PM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I saw people buying cigarettes from vending machines
For 25¢



הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
September 27, 2026, 07:31 PM
vthoky
Was it mentioned here already?

Seat heaters. Not *only* good for cold days. Wink




Politicians seem to have forgotten that they work for us, not the other way around.
— — — — — — — — — — — —
God bless America.