SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US Attorney General directs FBI to start monitoring parents who speak at local school boards **This thread began in October, 2021**
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Attorney General directs FBI to start monitoring parents who speak at local school boards **This thread began in October, 2021** Login/Join 
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I think the Democrat new standard of violence is whether or not they “feel” threatened or have their “feelings” hurt in any way by mean words. Garland is ‘Wesley Mouch’, taking the weaponization of our government agencies beyond where Obama left them. Who is John Galt?

Posts: 3025 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
I think the Democrat new standard of violence is whether or not they “feel” threatened or have their “feelings” hurt in any way by mean words. Garland is ‘Wesley Mouch’, taking the weaponization of our government agencies beyond where Obama left them. Who is John Galt?

I am.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29904 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah, ya think maybe he's regretting ever starting this stuff? Big Grin
I watched a bit of this grilling at lunch, and I saw something totally different. Garland doesn't care. So he sat on the hot seat for a couple days grilled by people he looks way down his nose at. Inferiors and clowns not worthy of tying his brogues. He's completely protected and he knows it. Between the Dem operatives and their media sycophants, they'll completely cover this guy in the media with the general population, and instead, bash the ridiculous grandstanding Republicans smearing a great man just trying to do his job. Garland needs to be kicked to the curb and never allowed anywhere near government ever again. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen given the current level of corruption in Washington.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
I watched a bit of this grilling at lunch, and I saw something totally different. Garland doesn't care. So he sat on the hot seat for a couple days grilled by people he looks way down his nose at. Inferiors and clowns not worthy of tying his brogues. He's completely protected and he knows it. Between the Dem operatives and their media sycophants, they'll completely cover this guy in the media with the general population, and instead, bash the ridiculous grandstanding Republicans smearing a great man just trying to do his job. Garland needs to be kicked to the curb and never allowed anywhere near government ever again. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen given the current level of corruption in Washington.

Yes, Same ol Same....

Posts: 24208 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
I watched a bit of this grilling at lunch, and I saw something totally different. Garland doesn't care.
Oh, I think he does care, because this isn't just "a couple of days on the hot seat." He looks like the fucking clown he is, and I think this matter damages his credibility more than anything he has experienced in public life.

He cares, because he cares about himself.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109014 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
video at link

Ted Cruz rips Garland apart

https://twitter.com/i/status/1453421181596487683

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
video at link

Yeah, he shredded him.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:
video at link

Yeah, he shredded him.

Indeed. Now tell me that piece of shit doesn't wish he were anywhere else on the planet than in that seat. He sure as hell regrets ever writing that memo.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30881 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was a federal appellate court judge from 1997 until he became AG, so for the last two decades plus he has been accountable to no one other than the SCOTUS and pretty much everyone within his domain has sucked up to him. I don't think he fully realizes how significantly his position has changed.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I thought Sen Cruz gave him the best ass kicking; Sen Hawley's was excellent as well.

But, IMO the best shot was from Sen Cotton: "Thank God you are not on the Supreme Court".

Posts: 6565 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
He cares, because he cares about himself.

THIS. You have to remember he’s a JUDGE…ohhhh…ahhhhh…every one I’ve ever met had a “I’m better than you” attitude because they are cowtowed too in their professional and personal lives….

I hope he goes home and cries in the closet as he’s suck starting a pistol. This fucking guy was/is all about putting the weight of the DOJ on moms and dads who only want what is best for their kids.

Fuck this guy, fuck his whole family, I hope he gets a fucking rash in his crotch and it burns all the way until he dies.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11455 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Expressions of regret? Don't make me laugh, the only thing these assholes regret is that the public learned of their crusade before they were able to prepare trumped up charges against anyone they consider an enemy of the state (themselves being such state). "Acceptable" thoughts only please.

Posts: 6757 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Oh, good the process is gaining momentum.

If I remember correctly, Lois Lerner was beheaded and the IRS was disbanded, never to again be weaponized against Free Men.

Mmmmmmmm, almost.

http://www.capoliticalreview.c...lois-lerner-scandal/

"“- The True the Vote v. IRS lawsuit has finally come to a close with a stunning ruling by U.S. District Court Judge Reggie Walton ruling in favor of True the Vote; penalizing the IRS with maximum attorneys fees due to their unconstitutional discrimination against the group and their unethical behavior in the case.

This decision marks the end of a nearly decade long battle that first began in 2010, when federal government agencies including the IRS, DOJ, FBI, ATF, OSHA weaponized against True the Vote and its founder, Catherine Engelbrecht. Under Obama Administration leadership, the agencies leveled a barrage of attacks, including twenty-three audits, investigations, and inquiries, against the group in an attempt to stop their work in election integrity. “

At one point the IRS got Child Services to try to take Ms. Engelbrechts’ children from her—this is how vicious Lerner and the crowd became, to stop honest elections. To stop those exposing the corruption of elections."

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/a...ts-probing-tea-party

"(CNSNews.com) - B. Todd Jones, director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, couldn't tell Congress why his agents made two visits to a tea party conservative in a 13-month period -- but only after she requested tax-exempt status for her conservative group, True the Vote.

Catherine Engelbrecht had a Federal Firearms License (FFL) for 12 years. "And suddenly she applies for tax exempt status, and you're knocking on her door twice in 13 months," Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) told Jones at a hearing on Wednesday.

"Congressman, I wish I had better answers," Jones said.

Jordan noted that ATF generally does FFL compliance inspections only in cases with "high-risk indicators," such as criminal activity -- but none of those indicators applied to Engelbrecht:

"Imagine what this lady felt like," a heated Jordan told Jones.

"She gets the full weight of the federal government coming down on her and her family and her business, and all she's trying to do is get a tax-exempt status that had been routine for 50 years, and suddenly now the federal government (is) saying, no, no, no -- you're not going to get that tax-exempt status, and we're going to send four federal agencies out to harass you, including yours."

Posts: 16167 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
video at link

Old but timely --

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8538 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The "True the Vote" ruling was from 2019

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
The "True the Vote" ruling was from 2019

Yes, it says so in the article.

And here we are two years later ...

ATF and DOJ and IRS still hard at work, no fears ...

Posts: 16167 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Minnesota suburb residents required to disclose home address to speak at school board meeting

https://justthenews.com/politi..._campaign=newsletter

The chairwoman of the Mankato, Minn., school board went viral earlier this week for a video in which she is seen telling parents who wish to speak that they are required to first announce their home address.

The chairwoman, Jodi Sapp, is seen at an Oct. 18 meeting telling a man he will not be allowed to speak unless he discloses his home address. The man first objects, citing security concerns, but ultimately agrees to the demand.

The address cannot be heard in the video, but Sapp notably repeats the address to be sure that it is heard by the entire room.

Earlier in the evening, Sapp announced that the gathering was "not a meeting that belongs to the public" and that anyone who spoke during the open forum was not permitted to criticize members of the board or address them individually. If a speaker violated that rule, the open forum would be closed immediately and the individual culprit would be barred from speaking at future school board meetings.

Sapp added that audience reactions to forum commentary were banned.

"Crowd noise, or any sort of grandstanding during open forum, including applause, talking, hollering or any outburst will result in open forum being closed," she said. "Further, beginning at the November 1 school board meeting, open forum participation will be limited to those individuals who wish to speak to an item on the board agenda."

The new rules follows the board's Oct. 4 meeting, during which several parents spoke out against the district's mask mandate for students in kindergarten through eighth grade and all staff while on school property, in addition to vaccine policies.

Some in attendance applauded speakers from the community that evening. Sapp considered the behavior to be "unacceptable."

video: http://mankatoaps.swagit.com/play/10192021-527/#6

Posts: 13059 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Cruz was on fire!

Makes it so obvious Garland was virtually speechless.

Posts: 23190 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Minnesota suburb residents required to disclose home address to speak at school board meeting

This is not uncommon at school board meetings, city council meetings, etc.... The point is to verify that those speaking actually live in the area of concern and thus should have a voice.

I agree with the policy. However, in these days of doxxing and leftist threats, perhaps a better (more private) way of vetting the speakers would be appropriate.

Posts: 20557 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Tucker Carlson Has Triggered The Fourth Branch of Government With His Preview of “The Patriot Purge”

Say what you will about his general disposition, but one thing is clear – Tucker Carlson has triggered almost every element of the Fourth Branch of Government with his preview of a Tucker Carlson Original documentary, “The Patriot Purge: The True Story Behind 1/6” {Direct Rumble Link Here}.

Scheduled to begin airing on November 1st, the docu-series looks like a deep dive into who was behind the January 6th insurrection narrative and the possibility of the FBI and Fourth Branch creating a false flag operation. WATCH:

No doubt there are major institutional interests all aligning against this production being aired on Fox Nation.

One of the lead insurrectionists behind the weaponization of the intelligence apparatus is having fits over Tucker Carlson tweeting out the preview:

All speech the communists do not like is called violence.

All violence the communists support is called speech.

During a House Judiciary Committee hearing last week, Representative Thomas Massie questioned Attorney General Merrick Garland about FBI agents and possible FBI informants planted in the crowd in DC to organize events.

https://theconservativetreehou...t-purge/#more-219185

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24572 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post