SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US Attorney General directs FBI to start monitoring parents who speak at local school boards **This thread began in October, 2021**
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Attorney General directs FBI to start monitoring parents who speak at local school boards **This thread began in October, 2021** Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Garland and the DOJ admit that they did no research into whether there has been any increase in violence or threats to school boards before he directed the FBI to begin targeting parents who speak at school board meetings. He simply read the letter from the partisan NSBA and took their word for it.
Watched a bit of this at lunch today. Let me summarize what I saw of Garland's commentary.

1 - I have no idea. Staff will have to get back to you with that info. Translation...screw you.
2 - I have no intention of adhering to the law and ethically performing my job as attorney general, and you can't make me. Translation....I'll do as I please.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Garland and the DOJ admit that they did no research into whether there has been any increase in violence or threats to school boards before he directed the FBI to begin targeting parents who speak at school board meetings. He simply read the letter from the partisan NSBA and took their word for it.
Fucking piece of shit Mad

Posts: 109014 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://redstate.com/mike_mill...n-team-biden-n460540

Jim Jordan: “In the very first sentence of your memo, you said ‘In recent months there’s been a disturbing spike in harassments, intimidations, and threats of violence [against school board members by angry parents]. When did you first review the data showing this so-called ‘disturbing uptick?'”

Garland: “So I read the letter and we have been seeing over time threats—”

Jordan: “Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. I didn’t ask you — so you read the letter. That’s your source?”

garland: “So let me be clear,” Garland said, “This is not prosecution or an investigation—”

Jordan: “Did someone say there has been a disturbing uptick, or did you just take the word of the National School Board Association?”

Garland: “The National School Board Association represents thousands of school boards and school board members and says that there are these kinds of threats. When we read in the newspapers reports of threats of violence — when that is in the context of threats of violence—”

Jordan: “For the very first line in your memo—”, and then it was Jordan who was cut off, with the familiar “The time of the gentleman has expired,”

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
White House Knew About Letter That Compared Parents to Domestic Terrorists

The country's largest school board association collaborated with the Biden White House before sending a controversial letter calling on the FBI to investigate parents as potential domestic terrorists, according to previously unreported emails.

The emails, obtained by Parents Defending Education through public records requests and reviewed by the Washington Free Beacon, reveal that the National School Board Association's president and CEO sent the letter to Biden on Sept. 29 without approval from the organization's board. The letter said that the acts of some parents at school board meetings across the country could be considered "a form of domestic terrorism and hate crimes."

The emails also show that the White House asked the association for examples of threats against school board members days before Attorney General Merrick Garland created a task force of officials from the FBI and the Justice Department to determine how to prosecute alleged crimes at school board meetings.

More at link:

https://freebeacon.com/campus/...tter_impression=true

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
more grilling of Garland

Garland won't agree to have an ethics review of his memo given his son-in-laws business

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Garland won't agree to have an ethics review of his memo given his son-in-laws business
To summarize 5 minutes of BS for anyone who doesn't want to watch the video...."I am above the law and you can't do anything about it. End of topic."

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank God he's not on SCOTUS.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I am not too keen on McConnell these days but I do owe him some hefty gratitude for blocking that lefty bastard from a spot on SCOTUS.

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Traitors and tyrants

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29904 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
And this piece of shit claims he knows nothing about the Loudoun County VA incident with the boy posing as transgender and going into girls bathrooms and raping that female student.

Again, THANK GOD this creep is not on the SC!

Posts: 34517 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I forgot how pathetically weak and meager Garland was.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Again, to paraphrase Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, this asshat is "nothing but an unorganized, grab-asstic piece of amphibian SHIT!!"

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, if he keeps it up then that'll make everything he does easy to challenge in court - or at least easy to milk in elections like the one in Virginia.

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I only saw the video clip tonight in which MG admits he took action based only on a letter from a lobbyist group--that's what an "association" is in DC.

But we known that the letter was written as part of a conspiracy that included the White House; the whole thing a setup to get the expected response from DOJ.

I believe nothing he says. He should be impeached for acting without any investigation--that is in their name, right? Not "surveillance", not "intimidation".

Posts: 18346 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
And the incident that prompted this action was the response to a parent whose female child was sexually assaulted by a male in one of the female restrooms.

As for why the parent became distraught? He was told, in the open forum of a School Board meeting of the Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) that there was no sexual assault, then there was miscommunication, obfuscation, obfuscation.

Well it turns out the fucking School Board KNEW about the multiple sexual assaults committed by this male sexual predator and they knew well before the meeting where the parent became disruptive.

And how do we know all this?

From the President of the School Board in an email he sent to all of the other Board members.

Motherfuckers. Someone need to get the parent's record expunged.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31986 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I hope that parent wins MILLIONS of dollars and bankrupts that public school system.

Liberals have ruined education, or are at least responsible for the current status of the "system".

They are cancerous evil that need to be removed. If we can't do it with voting, then we need to do it however way possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13984 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
I hope that parent wins MILLIONS of dollars and bankrupts that public school system.

Somehow, its always the taxpayers that end up footing the bill, not the miscreants.

Posts: 16167 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-terrorists-n2597915

The National School Boards Association issued an apology to its members Friday for the Sep. 29 letter it sent to the White House asking for federal assistance to combat acts of "domestic terrorism" made by parents against school board officials.

The apology comes after at least 20 state school boards associations have distanced themselves from the NSBA following its letter to the president.

"On behalf of NSBA, we regret and apologize for the letter," the NSBA Board of Directors said in an email to its members. "To be clear, the safety of school board members, other school officials and educators, and students is our top priority, and there remains important work to be done on this issue. However, there was no justification for some of the language included in the letter. We should have had a better process in place to allow for consultation on a communication of this significance. We apologize also for the strain and stress this situation has caused you and your organizations."

"As we've reiterated since the letter was sent, we deeply value not only the work of local school boards that make important contributions within our communities, but also the voices of parents, who should and must continue to be heard when it comes to decisions about their children's education, health, and safety," the email continued.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Blah blah. Save the bullshit. You got caught.

Let's see what Merrick the commie Garland does now.

Posts: 109014 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
The National School Boards Association issued an apology

Of course you did. There have been about a dozen states that have withdrawn from the NSBA. That is a loss or revenue. You can't have that and you need to quench the bleeding.

It won't help.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post