SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US Attorney General directs FBI to start monitoring parents who speak at local school boards **This thread began in October, 2021**
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Attorney General directs FBI to start monitoring parents who speak at local school boards **This thread began in October, 2021** Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
AP Falsely Claims Biden Wasn’t Asked To Label Parents ‘Domestic Terrorists’, School Boards Association Actually Requested It

The National School Boards Association specifically asked Biden to investigate parents under "the PATRIOT Act in regards to domestic terrorism"

https://nationalfile.com/ap-fa...tually-requested-it/

Today the Associated Press failed to fact check the claim that the National School Boards Association (NSBA) asked Joe Biden to investigate angry parents for domestic terrorism. In reality, the NSBA sent a letter addressed to Joe Biden, urging his administration to consider using the PATRIOT Act and other laws against domestic terrorism against parents who are concerned with Critical Race Theory and other extremist school literature.

In the The Associated Press’s “assessment,” they rate the claim false. Instead, the once respected news agency claims, the “NSBA asked the administration to” investigate crimes that “could be the equivalent to a form of domestic terrorism and hate crimes.”

According to the Associated Press, it is materially different for the NSBA to urge Biden to investigate domestic terrorism versus crimes that could be the same as domestic terrorism. This alone, the agency, seems to suggest, is enough to beat this fact check. They are factually incorrect.

In reality, this is exactly what the NSBA wrote in a letter dated September 29, as National File previously reported, emphasis added:

As these acts of malice, violence, and threats against public school officials have increased, the classification of these heinous actions could be the equivalent to a form of domestic terrorism and hate crimes. As such, NSBA requests a joint expedited review by the U.S. Departments of Justice, Education, and Homeland Security, along with the appropriate training, coordination, investigations, and enforcement mechanisms from the FBI, including any technical assistance necessary from, and state and local coordination with, its National Security Branch and Counterterrorism Division, as well as any other federal agency with relevant jurisdictional authority and oversight.

Additionally, NSBA requests that such review examine appropriate enforceable actions against these crimes and acts of violence under the Gun-Free School Zones Act, the PATRIOT Act in regards to domestic terrorism, the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act, the Violent Interference with Federally Protected Rights statute, the Conspiracy Against Rights statute, an Executive Order to enforce all applicable federal laws for the protection of students and public school district personnel, and any related measure. As the threats grow and news of extremist hate organizations showing up at school board meetings is being reported, this is a critical time for a proactive approach to deal with this difficult issue.

Posts: 13059 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
This is so awesome… Fantastic news!

What better massive blunder than to piss off all the moms in America. You’re fighting 1 million years of evolution with a political agenda. Good luck. LOL

Release the Krakens Karens!

Mrs Greener (whose name is Karen), commented that the FBI has never been faced with a force like PTA moms and grandmothers. She and her circle of moms and grandmothers are usually silent on political issues, but they are prepared to go full Momma Grizzly on this issue.

In all seriousness, street level FBI agents, who have kids and wives and moms, have to be asking "WTF?, why are you pushing us in front of this train?"

Same FBI that lead to over 100 girls getting molested for 18 months while they sat on their hands, not investigating USA gymnastics.

… I could actually make this list all day long. I should stop here.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Rand Paul's wife:

A mob held us hostage for ten minutes, spitting on and threatening to kill us. No charges! Fake anthrax and death threats sent to our home. No charges! Now just learned the person who called Rand’s Senate office threatening to shoot us will not be charged. I’m exhausted and angry.

Sen Paul:

The punk who assaulted the policeman defending my wife and I in DC went free but the Biden Admin. labels concerned parents as “domestic terrorists”?

And let’s not forget about the domestic terrorists who go by the name Antifa. Rick Manning of Americans for Limited Government reminds us that the FBI admitted to a House Committee that it does not track violence by ANTIFA as part of its monitoring of domestic terrorism.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/...-healing-america.php

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Conservatives are considered enemies of the State by euphemistic labels.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29904 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Wouldn't a more accurate thread title be:

US Attorney General mobilizing FBI to attack parents who are THREATENING school boards in opposition to critical race theory

But hey, if distorting what they actually said seems more useful to making the point you want to make, you do you.

It is pretty clear to me and most all sane Americans that they are not simply interested in those who threaten.
There are plenty of laws already at the state level for that.
They are sending a message to stop your opposition to our agenda.
THAT is very clear.

Posts: 23190 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I’ve said it before and I’ll repeat it. The leftist trash running the government are pushing and pushing to reach conservatives breaking point. They want an exasperated response, hopefully armed, even more hopefully violent. If they don’t get violence from our side, they will manufacture it just like January 6th. THEN you’ll see the full gestapo-effect released on mostly law abiding gun owners, and conservatives in general, and anyone not leaning far left. The far left will applaud with full media attention to show it is the “will of the people” just like the stolen election.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15788 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
The hypocrisy of federal law enforcement is unsustainable. These actions undermine credibility. Now that prices are rising and C19 vaccine requirements are potentially going to get folks fired in large numbers, it seems as though we are being pushed towards a serious domestic crisis.

Posts: 2449 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
We all know what this is … Since they couldn’t keep Neo-racisism (aka crt) secret/quiet, they now have to invoke the FBI to scare the bejebus out of people.

Buggery; pure and simple.

People gonna be throwin’ down.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
The hypocrisy of federal law enforcement is unsustainable. These actions undermine credibility. Now that prices are rising and C19 vaccine requirements are potentially going to get folks fired in large numbers, it seems as though we are being pushed towards a serious domestic crisis.

My wife and I had a discussion the other evening, the consensus here in this house is once you take away a persons livelihood, healthcare, freedoms, and start forcing them to do things they don't want to do, what do they have left to lose?

That is when the crisis really will show it's ugly head.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6528 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
I’ve said it before and I’ll repeat it. The leftist trash running the government are pushing and pushing to reach conservatives breaking point. They want an exasperated response, hopefully armed, even more hopefully violent. If they don’t get violence from our side, they will manufacture it just like January 6th. THEN you’ll see the full gestapo-effect released on mostly law abiding gun owners, and conservatives in general, and anyone not leaning far left. The far left will applaud with full media attention to show it is the “will of the people” just like the stolen election.

Yep.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4863 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:

My wife and I had a discussion the other evening, the consensus here in this house is once you take away a persons livelihood, healthcare, freedoms, and start forcing them to do things they don't want to do, what do they have left to lose?

That is when the crisis really will show it's ugly head.
You and your wife are right on target. Consider where we are today....

- Wanna a loan to own a house. Likely the federal government will own that mortgage.
- Wanna a loan to send a kid to college. The federal government will own that loan.
- Need medical attention or health insurance. The federal government currently controls the bulk of healthcare and is pushing the control the rest.
- Need to transact regular personal business. The IRS will be reviewing all your transactions for 'irregularities'. Did you donate to a GOP organization? Are you opting to run for office and went to a strip club for a bachelor's party a few years ago? Well then...
- Not happy with your kid's school and show up at a school board meeting to complain. The FBI will now be climbing through your orifices and potentially bankrupting you.
- Want a job to earn a living. The federal government (OSHA) will mandate you be inoculated with whatever they deem appropriate whenever they deem it appropriate for the good of society. Argue for personal freedom or buck that mandate in any way and you lose your job, livelihood, ability to travel, etc.

All of that is either in place now or will be shortly. That's not the America I want to live in, and my bet, its not the America that millions of other people will want either. Something has to give, and when it does, things are likely to get ugly fast.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Extending this line of thinking (those against our ideology are terrorists) leads to declaring anybody that tries to take the job of an elected politician, or anybody who supports such a person should be suppressed as well. Given that those in office have few marketable skills and are unlikely to thrive in an open job market, perhaps it is true that kicking them out of office is equivalent to leading to their starvation. Upon such logical pyramids or cards live many tenets of leftist "thought," keep your ears open for this one.

I'm not really trying to make a prediction, but it is every politician's wet dream.

Posts: 6757 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...epartment-education/

Biden has appointed Precious McKesson, a Nebraska Democrat, racial radical, and Critical Race Theory activist, to the position of Special Assistant in the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Communications and Outreach.

McKesson’s new position makes her part of the team responsible for communicating department policy to parents and the general public.

Republican Study Committee Chair Rep. Jim Banks (R-IN) said of McKesson’s appointment that “The Biden administration claims CRT [Critical Race Theory] doesn’t exist, then appoints a CRT activist to the Department of Education and sics the FBI on parents who oppose their poisonous ideology,”

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...epartment-education/

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Public squirrels … Just Say No!

~Robert A. Heinlein

blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:*snipped*

- Wanna a loan to own a house. Likely the federal government will own that mortgage.
You have to search for them, but there are options. Also...you could do what a lot of people are doing, buy land you can afford, build what you can afford, avoid mortgages.
- Wanna a loan to send a kid to college. The federal government will own that loan.
College can be accomplished without subsidized and federal student loans. Also...is college worth the investment? Not always. Again...it isn't the norm, but it is possible to avoid/limit Federal ownership of your life
- Need medical attention or health insurance. The federal government currently controls the bulk of healthcare and is pushing the control the rest.
More and more private options out there. All these Docs & Nurses that just lost their job over the Fauci Ouchie will probably hit private practice. I know of 2 right now, one in WA and on in OR. They're doing private practice, cash, and affordable. No government involvement. There are options.
- Need to transact regular personal business. The IRS will be reviewing all your transactions for 'irregularities'. Did you donate to a GOP organization? Are you opting to run for office and went to a strip club for a bachelor's party a few years ago? Well then...
Cash. Use it. Make it an indispensable part of local business. Encourage them to still accept cash. Also...buy precious metals. Where I live nearly every business will transact in precious metals.
- Not happy with your kid's school and show up at a school board meeting to complain. The FBI will now be climbing through your orifices and potentially bankrupting you.
Homeschool. Seriously. We must bankrupt the public school education system in this country. We must DEMAND change in these indoctrination centers.
- Want a job to earn a living. The federal government (OSHA) will mandate you be inoculated with whatever they deem appropriate whenever they deem it appropriate for the good of society. Argue for personal freedom or buck that mandate in any way and you lose your job, livelihood, ability to travel, etc.
There are still free states that exist. You can also start a business and be a contractor. OR just do cash jobs. Leave the system entirely. The biggest thing is to live in a state where they are standing up to oppressive federal oversight. There are several.

quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
All of that is either in place now or will be shortly. That's not the America I want to live in, and my bet, its not the America that millions of other people will want either. Something has to give, and when it does, things are likely to get ugly fast.

I'm as prepared as most anyone can be for the ugly. I expect it, soon. EVERYTHING you've posted is correct. The option to fight it has a cost, and isn't normal or easy. The more of us who stand together and refuse to lose our country to these asshats, the easier it will become. We cannot do this alone, and communities of people are what it is going to take to get through the difficult times. I'm guilty of this, I don't have a large enough community of like-minded strong families. We're working on it though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13984 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
AKD is right.

Be clever and reduce your dependency on .goober

~Robert A. Heinlein

posted Hide Post
All of this insanity calls to mind the "Intolerable Acts" just prior to the Revolutionary War.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16375 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
All of this insanity calls to mind the "Intolerable Acts" just prior to the Revolutionary War.
YES

It very much does. Those who got involved and fought, physically or even in support or from behind the scenes...all paid a cost. I try to prepare myself and others for the fact that most of us in this country have not paid a similar cost, and I think it is like getting punched in the face. Until it happens you don't really understand it, and no one really knows how they'll react to it until it happens. You can expect a cost, know it to be true, even attempt to prepare for it...but until it happens we won't really understand. When I think about it I get quite angry, because this SHOULDN'T be happening in our country. It just shouldn't be happening, and others are forcing this to happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13984 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Sad to say but the FBI has become the Gestapo for the Democratic Party! This is just more proof.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2683 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good post AK !

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post