SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Ford Bronco
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Ford Bronco Login/Join 
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
From a purely aesthetic point, if I'm in the market for a 4 door suv I'm going Jeep. It's a better looking vehicle to me. In 2 door trim I think the Bronco may be hard to beat, but I have yet to see a hardtop version. From the pic above, the 2 door in the background looks more like the jkl. Goofy long wheel base. Time will tell.
Either way, no stick and I'm walking on...

As long as that 2 door full size bronco makes it to market I may be a buyer. The vehicle that I’ve owned that I most miss is my 1997 2 door GMC Yukon. I miss having a 2 door full size body on frame 4x4 SUV as an option for a fun vehicle. I don’t like the looks of the 4 door bronco variant as much as I like the looks of the wrangler unlimited, but I’m not really in the market for a wrangler. While not in the market for a vehicle, I could totally see myself buying a 2 door full sized bronco if able to do so.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5578 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Have you guys seen many 2dr Jeeps lately? Since Jeep started offering the 4dr Wrangler it seems like that’s the vast majority of Jeeps I see on the road.

It will be interesting to see how well the 2dr Bronco sells verses the 4door variant. I almost never see a newer production 2door Jeep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21115 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Have you guys seen many 2dr Jeeps lately? Since Jeep started offering the 4dr Wrangler it seems like that’s the vast majority of Jeeps I see on the road.
Same with half ton trucks. How many do you see today with just two doors (or even extended cabs). Everything today has moved to four doors. Not sure there's actually a market big enough for the two door Bronco at this point.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
And yet another victim of the Coronavirus. Guess we'll have to wait a little longer to learn the details.
Ford delays Bronco debut amid coronavirus fears

But until then, how about a bit of nostalgia...

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I recently saw an ad for the new Courier unibody truckette that Ford is introducing. Said entry level would be under 20 grand. First I'd heard of it.

Loved that 1966 Bronco ad. Smile

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Production delays are not surprising. I saw that KTM is doing the same thing in Austria. Even if it’s assembled here the parts come from all over the world (probably a lot from China) so delays and production halts are not surprising given all that is going on right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21115 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had a '96 Bronco for quite a few years, and have seen the Centurion custom versions.

Here is something very different. A Ford F-250/Excursion built at home.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/auto...a2ga?ocid=spartanntp

Posts: 2773 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:
I've had a '96 Bronco for quite a few years, and have seen the Centurion custom versions.

Here is something very different. A Ford F-250/Excursion built at home.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/auto...a2ga?ocid=spartanntp
Personally, if I could have the Bronco I want, I'd have one like this.

Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Personally, if I could have the Bronco I want, I'd have one like this.

Yes please! I’ll have one too.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5578 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is it way too much to ask ?
I want split bench seats and the trans lever on the column.

git the hell rid of all this center console crap.

or a bucket seat option with this center console

the best set up they ever made

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54655 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
I recently saw an ad for the new Courier unibody truckette that Ford is introducing. Said entry level would be under 20 grand. First I'd heard of it.

Loved that 1966 Bronco ad. Smile

Wait, say what? That could be interesting. The old Courier was a great simple light duty truck. The only one I’ve seen in years is in Eufaula. I once saw one with a 289 shoehorned in, it was nuts.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2364 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slight drift and I apologize, but if the courier isn't vaporware and actually sells maybe GM will bring back the S10. I would very much like that. All I've had since I was 18. Maybe with this new turbo 4 from the 1/2 tons.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2741 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
The video is kinda fun. They don’t give you a great look at it, but I’d say it appears to be everything most of us hoped for.

Ford Website

Posts: 13274 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That video on the website doesn’t really tell or show you anything. It’s was basically just emotional hype.

Posts: 333 | Registered: January 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hell, Ford has already made this a multiyear long tease. Just wait until they say 'New for the 2024 model year...'

Seems like a PR stunt because they don't have a damn thing for the Corvette. The Ram Rebel gets a Hellcat V-8! Ford has a... Jeep Commander with a G-Wagon nose tacked on to it? Roll Eyes

I haven't seen this much hype for a non-event since Danica Patrick was 'racing'. Booo!

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
For $100 refundable we are reserving our bronco this evening

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Personally, if I could have the Bronco I want, I'd have one like this...

Me too.

Posts: 8625 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

It will be interesting to see how well the 2dr Bronco sells verses the 4door variant. I almost never see a newer production 2door Jeep.

The Bronco 2 door has a better chance because it’s quite different than the other two 4 doors. With the Jeeps the only visual difference is two less doors.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
https://www.caranddriver.com/n...92-concept-revealed/

450-HP V-8–Powered Jeep Wrangler Is Coming
Two days after Jeep teased a V-8–powered Wrangler, and on the day of the Bronco debut, it reveals the Wrangler Rubicon 392 concept.

BY CONNOR HOFFMAN
JUL 13, 2020

Jeep has just revealed the Wrangler Rubicon 392 concept on the day of the new Ford Bronco's debut.
It's powered by a 6.4-liter V-8 that produces 450 horsepower and 450 lb-ft of torque.

The 392 concept sits high on a two-inch lift kit with 37-inch mud terrain tires.

It's no secret that Jeep is jealous of all the attention the Ford Bronco is getting, and it's now trying to steal the spotlight away from Ford by announcing a 6.4-liter V-8–powered Wrangler Rubicon concept on the day the Bronco is set to be revealed. Why a V-8 Wrangler now? Because it's trying to one-up its soon-to-be competitor. It's unlikely that the Bronco will have V-8 power at launch.

Jeep says that customers have been asking for a V-8 Wrangler for some time now, and Jim Morrison, the head of Jeep, said that this concept proves it has the ability to make that happen. For what it's worth, Dodge did just squeeze the Hellcat supercharged V-8 into the Durango three-row SUV.

In order to fit the burly V-8 into the Wrangler, Jeep had to upgrade the engine mounts and modify the frame. The eight-cylinder engine is FCA's 392 Hemi, which is a 6.4-liter (392 cubic inch) V-8 that produces 450 horsepower and 450 lb-ft of torque. Jeep claims that the Rubicon 392 concept can get from zero to 60 mph in less than five seconds, and it has a dual-mode exhaust system for some obnoxious V-8 rumbles.

Jeep Teases Wrangler with 485-HP V-8 Engine
The 392 concept also has the off-road chops to back up the monstrous powertrain including Dana 44 axles, a full-time two-speed transfer case, electronic front and rear locking differentials, and a two-inch lift with upgraded Fox shocks. Even better are massive 37-inch mud-terrain tires, and that's not all. It's also equipped with Rubicon rock rails, steel bumpers, and a Warn winch up front. All these upgrades allow for 13.3 inches of ground clearance, a 51.6-degree approach angle, 29.5-degree breakover, and 40.1-degree departure angle.

If enough people let Jeep know that they're interested in this V-8 Wrangler, it seems likely the company will actually make it. We hope to hear more about it in the coming months, like confirmation that they'll build it—meaning that you all did your job.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post