SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Terror attacks again in London (London Bridge)
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Terror attacks again in London (London Bridge) Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
Pretty much all of them hate anyone who isn't of their religion.
"You're a racist Dad" is what I got for a response.

For anyone truly interested in Islamic philosophy and the religious bases for their terrorism, I strongly recommend the book The Islam in Islamic Terrorism: The Importance of Beliefs, Ideas, and Ideology by Ibn Warraq. This is a new book that I just started, but I have read many works by the same author. He is an Islamic and Arabic scholar, and former Muslim, now atheist, who pulls no punches in identifying why Islam supports atrocities like this and how it’s a basic tenet of millions of people’s beliefs. Another writer who says the same sorts of things is Ayaan Hirsi Ali, also a former Muslim. The last book of hers I read was Heretic, and she also made her position clear in a Twitter post about this incident: “Watching terror in London unfold: who are we kidding? This is a Jihadi guerrilla warfare not an issue for law enforcement. Time to wise up.”

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47679 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
Pretty much all of them hate anyone who isn't of their religion.
"You're a racist Dad" is what I got for a response.

For anyone truly interested in Islamic philosophy and the religious bases for their terrorism, I strongly recommend the book The Islam in Islamic Terrorism: The Importance of Beliefs, Ideas, and Ideology by Ibn Warraq. This is a new book that I just started, but I have read many works by the same author. He is an Islamic and Arabic scholar, and former Muslim, now atheist, who pulls no punches in identifying why Islam supports atrocities like this and how it’s a basic tenet of millions of people’s beliefs. Another writer who says the same sorts of things is Ayaan Hirsi Ali, also a former Muslim. The last book of hers I read was Heretic, and she also made her position clear in a Twitter post about this incident: “Watching terror in London unfold: who are we kidding? This is a Jihadi guerrilla warfare not an issue for law enforcement. Time to wise up.”

That would probably be an interesting read but it would also turn my stomach.
The YouTube video was spot on but English people are not allowed to own pistols or rifles without heavy restrictions.
If they were legally allowed, things might be bit different.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
NSFW...NSFW...NSFW...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/0ubb-mFHArA

Well, that pretty much says it all.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
On Twitter, the Met Police said: "RUN - to a place of safety. This is a better option than to surrender or negotiate. If there's nowhere to go then...

"HIDE - turn your phone to silent and turn off vibrate. Barricade yourself in if you can.

"TELL - the police by calling 999 when it is safe to do so."

This from a nation which ONCE said:

"We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender,

...but before we mock Her Majesty's subjects TOO much, remember that we are only a few years behind them.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanksoldier:
...but before we mock Her Majesty's subjects TOO much, remember that we are only a few years behind them.

But at least we have the Second Amendment...

Posts: 10827 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
We were in London when the Manchester bombing attack occurred. While there, we walked over the Westminster Bridge, scene of the terrorist incident a month ago. It was a strange feeling--the most primitive part of my brain was alerted and I had my head on a swivel, watching for a vehicle leaving the roadway.

Members of this forum generally live our lives with a much higher level of situational awareness than the general population, but I sincerely hope to never experience that same feeling in this country--watching for random acts of terrorism that could occur at any minute, in any location. Remember, for at least a couple days following Manchester, the UK was in a "critical" alert stage--their highest level.

Posts: 13565 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
A) They only take because they don't have.
B) Because we have, we should share some of what we have with them.
C) I would choose to share some of my Hornady collection.

quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

A) Don't resist
B) Give them what they want
C) Submit willingly and you wont be harmed

The thugs in this country learned three things
1. They have no fear of reprisal
2. If sufficiently intimidating they get whatever they want
3. They discovered that they leave a witness behind... which debunks C) above

The London Mayor just told the terrorists "You Win, do what you want, no one will try and stop you"

Posts: 8881 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:

Do we? Go walk down the street with a gun in NYC and see how far you get.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
NSFW...NSFW...NSFW...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/0ubb-mFHArA

Well, that pretty much says it all.

Great speech by Tommy Robinson. Anybody who's been to Army or USMC basic training remembers group punishment, i.e., get that fuckup in line or you'll all pay the penalty. Time for the Brits to start bringing down mosques.

Posts: 5233 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanksoldier:
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:

Do we? Go walk down the street with a gun in NYC and see how far you get.

No we do not. We have accepted the poison pill issued by the supreme court that govt. has the authority to limit the right. If govt. can limit the right, is not a right. It is permission. Now all that is needed to remove the permission is enough urgency and/or emotion. Change the culture to oppose gun ownership and permission will be denied.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29906 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
This is Tommy, he gets it.

Tommy has a set of balls and is saying what many think.

Fuck the Politicians and the liberal, limp wristed left.

Tommy, I want to introduce you to Dave.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36897 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, in NYC, Muslims blocked the street in front of Trump Towers so they could pray. Listen Linda Sarsour and you hear in just a minute or so the taquia -- the "acceptable lie to mislead the infidels"-- that has become a PC platitude.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.co...-york-ramadan-video/

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11207 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:

When the Islamic/Muslim/Arabic world fears us more than it fears the terrorist, this shit will cease.

Otherwise, it will be for our grandchildren to deal with.

When the pain of staying the same, becomes greater than the pain of change, one will choose to change.

Time for some fucking pain.

This is the truth....unfortunately the West has lost the heart for such things.

regarding run and hide.....well considering that the British government has disarmed their citizens what else can they do?

I heard one of the commentators yesterday "when a jihadi runs into a pub with a 12" knife what else can you do?"

Ummm....get off the stool....pop 3 rounds into said jihadi then go back to my lager.

but most of the world does not have our freedoms...so they must run and hide, the jihadis know this.....

God Save Texas!

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Meanwhile, in NYC, Muslims blocked the street in front of Trump Towers so they could pray. Listen Linda Sarsour and you hear in just a minute or so the taquia -- the "acceptable lie to mislead the infidels"-- that has become a PC platitude.

Keep it up, assholes; and you too, Felonia von Pantsuit. The midterm elections are coming soon.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15529 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:English people are not allowed to own pistols or rifles without heavy restrictions. If they were legally allowed, things might be bit different.

Nor are any of the other three nations that make up the United Kingdom of England, Ireland [North] Scotland and Wales allowed to own firearms without heavy restrictions on their use, although handguns of all kinds are legal in Northern Ireland, unlike the rest of the UK. Northern Ireland also has over three thousand government-issued PPW handguns.

Guns ARE legally allowed in the UK, else there would not be upwards of six million of them in a population of 65 million.

What is NOT allowed is for any of those firearms to be used in self defence.

tac

Posts: 11439 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:

That is one scary link you posted there. The barbarians are inside the gate. Way inside the gate. We're in for a world of hurt if this tolerance insanity does not come to an abrupt halt.

Posts: 7671 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
< snip >

What is NOT allowed is for any of those firearms to be used in self defence.

tac

Then use them offensively.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32008 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
quote:

When the Islamic/Muslim/Arabic world fears us more than it fears the terrorist, this shit will cease.

Otherwise, it will be for our grandchildren to deal with.

When the pain of staying the same, becomes greater than the pain of change, one will choose to change.

Time for some fucking pain.

This is the truth....unfortunately the West has lost the heart for such things.

regarding run and hide.....well considering that the British government has disarmed their citizens what else can they do?

There were three attackers. How many people were on the streets and in the bars? Hundreds? How about engaging the attacker who is currently stabbing a teenage girl over and over again with overwhelming numbers? How about a fight vs flight attitude? You know, like the Americans on that train last year.

Having said that though, I will say this. These guys apparently had bomb vests on (albeit fake, but one wouldn't know that), and if I see one of these bastards with a bomb vest, I'm going the other way unless I can shoot him from distance.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:vv Then use them offensively.

That's a pretty crappy response from a person who has a government-supported RIGHT to bear arms - even in self-defence.

I'd opine that walking down the street carrying my 1862 Snider just in case a bunch of jihadis cut loose in the neighbourhood might attract unwelcome attention. Or course, I could replace it with my Ruger Old Army - that would be a little less conspicuous.

It's more likely that I'd get dropped where I stood by an ARMED police officer, of which there are many more than you think...

Posts: 11439 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:vv Then use them offensively.

That's a pretty crappy response from a person who has a government-supported RIGHT to bear arms - even in self-defence.

I'd opine that walking down the street carrying my 1862 Snider just in case a bunch of jihadis cut loose in the neighbourhood might attract unwelcome attention. Or course, I could replace it with my Ruger Old Army - that would be a little less conspicuous.

It's more likely that I'd get dropped where I stood by an ARMED police officer, of which there are many more than you think...

Humour tac, humour.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32008 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post