SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Terror attacks again in London (London Bridge)
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Terror attacks again in London (London Bridge) Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
You can be obtuse about killing them all if you wish. You either kill them over there, or you kill them here. Your choice. The more you kill over there, the less you kill here. It is just this simple.

I would like to print your statement, JLJ, and hang it on the bulletin board in my office.

Certainly, sir.

Thank you.

God bless America.

Posts: 13864 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Interestingly, the "major" news channels this morning, with the exception of Fox, covered in depth leaving the Paris Accord, TRUMP/RUSSIATRUMP/RUSSIA, JAMESCOMEYISOURSAVIOR, and the greatest threat we face, global warming.

The 3.5 minutes that Face the Nation covered the terror attacks in London, two minutes of that was a black chick that was going on about the tension that is being felt in London right now is what black people feel like every day going out around whitey. CNNSOTU managed four or five minutes, most of which was to slam Trump for the travel ban push, Trump is a racist, Trump's tweets hugely insensitive, Trump is a child, etc.

No coverage whatsoever of the actual event any place besides Fox.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37174 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Oh My God.

While I have no reason to doubt you, I did turn on MSNBC and CNN just now (10:40 EST).

Sure enough, they are both talking about climate change.

WTF???????????

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36897 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Oh My God.

While I have no reason to doubt you, I did turn on MSNBC and CNN just now (10:40 EST).

Sure enough, they are both talking about climate change.

WTF???????????

This nonsense has been going on for quite a while now, and the MSM is still obediently following their marching orders from obama and his ilk. . .

Obama Calls Climate Change, Not Terrorism, Our Greatest Threat

If you can stomach it, there is a video of obozo and crazy uncle joe linked in the article, with both of them spouting off in support of their delusion.

December 1, 2015 2:53 pm

A new SuperCut video contrasts doomsday rhetoric from the Obama administration about climate change with news clips of terrorist attacks, plane bombings and beheadings by the Islamic State.

President Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, and Secretary of State John Kerry offer the following words in the video about climate change.

"Today, there is no greater threat to our planet than climate change."

"No challenge poses a greater threat to future generations than climate change."

"It is indeed one of the biggest threats facing our planet today."

"Climate change is the threat multiplier."

"If another country threatened to wipe out an American town, we'd do everything in our power to protect ourselves. Climate change poses the same threat right now."

"And years from now, I want to be able to look our children and grandchildren in the eye and tell them we did everything we could to protect them."

On Tuesday, Obama appeared to equate the threats of climate change and terrorism, saying they required similar responses. The Hill reports:

"In some ways, [climate change] is akin to the problem of terrorism and ISIL," Obama said, using an alternate acronym for the terror group.

Both threats, Obama said, require a long, sustained effort by the United States to assess and neutralize them.

The administration has long maintained that the effects of climate change — like rising sea levels, extreme weather, drought and crop problems — could create more harm and unrest than terrorism, and require a similar response.

Republicans have overwhelmingly dismissed the idea and excoriated Obama for understating the threat of terrorism and not taking it seriously.

Obama’s comments came weeks after the ISIS killed 130 people in a series of coordinated gun and bomb attacks in Paris in one of the deadliest attacks perpetrated by the extremist group.

At a news conference on Monday, White House national security adviser Ben Rhodes refused to directly answer which issue, climate change or terrorism, is a bigger threat to the U.S.

"The leaders who have looked at the danger of climate change, they see even the instability we’re faced today significantly magnified by the effects of climate change over time given the disruptions that extreme weather will have on certain countries, given, again, the lives that will be put at stake and the economic disruptions that will take place with the continued effects of climate change," he said.

END

Posts: 3578 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

And before anyone thinks that broad-brushing the entire muslim/islamic/arabic world is "racist" or whatever. Look back at the bast 50 years at least, and see to whom the bloody fingerprints belong.

If that isn't enough for some, follow their history all the way back to the life and example of their founder, Mohammed. These "radicals" are only doing what Mohammed taught them to do.

Posts: 8881 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
We didn't care about collateral damage.

Not that it matters to the here and now either way, but in the interest of historical accuracy we (or the U.S., anyway) did in fact worry about collateral damage during World War II. In his series of books about the war in the European Theater Rick Atkinson discusses that issue in more detail than most historians, and points out how it affected our operations and the numbers of our casualties. And we certainly did not have a policy of “kill them [the enemy populace] all”—not least, of course, because such a policy would have been impossible to implement in practice.

Have you seen pictures of what German cities looked like after WW2 ended? How about Dresden?

Fire bombed and essentially burned the whole city, with liquid burning phosphorus running down the gutters, into basements where civilians were sheltering. And the city had little military value to either Germans or allies.

No need to get into what happened in England back then at the hands of the Luftwaffe.

The point here is that the only way to defeat those like the most recent assault in London is to kill them, as quickly as possible, using whatever means are available.

We do not need to wait until some "true believers" decide to attack a major shopping mall here. Unfortunately, those who reside in mom's basement or their personal safe space will never get the idea that they want to kill us.

And they are more than willing to die in the process.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
The London mayor

The London mayor said get used to it - that this is the new normal.

Sent by London police during attack:

This is no different than the message sent in this country a decade or so ago when faced with a thug/robber/thief:

A) Don't resist
B) Give them what they want
C) Submit willingly and you wont be harmed

The thugs in this country learned three things
1. They have no fear of reprisal
2. If sufficiently intimidating they get whatever they want
3. They discovered that they leave a witness behind... which debunks C) above

The London Mayor just told the terrorists "You Win, do what you want, no one will try and stop you"

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rh:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
And before anyone thinks that broad-brushing the entire muslim/islamic/arabic world is "racist" or whatever. Look back at the bast 50 years at least, and see to whom the bloody fingerprints belong.

Wahhabism funded by radical money from Saudi Arabia.
Several flaws with your pointer only at Wahhabism:
  • Wahhabism is a sect of sunni islam. Shia muslim states (e,g, iran) and wealthy individuals support massive amounts of terrorism as well.
  • Too small of a focus only looking at the ME (part of Asia). South Asia and SE Asia have 2x as many Muslims as ME. N Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa has as many Muslims as ME.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23660 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I heard Nigel Farage say this morning that the thousands of Muslims the Brits suspect have links to terrorism should be interned. I agree wholeheartedly. Supposedly we have around 1,000 here that takes about 20 agents each to track. It would be a lot easier to track them if they were placed in one centralized location.

Posts: 5233 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by BMR:
    I heard Nigel Farage say this morning that the thousands of Muslims the Brits suspect have links to terrorism should be interned. I agree wholeheartedly. Supposedly we have around 1,000 here that takes about 20 agents each to track. It would be a lot easier to track them if they were placed in one centralized location.

How many would Gitmo hold?

Posts: 2106 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Too old to run,
    too mean to quit!
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

Agreed, but only if we intern them on some desert in the middle east. Give them seeds to plant, surplus military entrenching tools for tilling the land, fence them in, and let them figure out how to actually live without tons of contributions from ultra-rich fanatics who want us dead.

Either that, or finally agree that WE ARE AT WAR! and deal with it in the proper manner.

For those who may not understand what the koran actually tells them to do to us, I suggest they bring up an English edition of the koran, search on the word "unbeliever" and read what good ol' mohammad told them to do about us "unbelievers".

We either fight them here, or over there. My choice would be over there.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
    -Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Loaded Round:
    quote:

How many would Gitmo hold?

Not too sure, but there'd be enough room there if the ramp on the C-130 unexpectedly opened and dumped its cargo mid-flight.

Posts: 5233 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    wishing we
    were congress
    posted Hide Post
    http://www.breitbart.com/londo...e-multiple-injuries/

The Telegraph reports that the British Transport Police officer who initially confronted the attackers was armed with only a baton.

BTP said the officer has only been with the force for two years. He is believed to be in a stable condition and recovering from his injuries in hospital suffering face, head, and leg injuries.

BTP chief constable Paul Crowther, who visited the officer in hospital, said he showed “enormous courage in the face of danger”.

Within eight minutes of first calls being made, at 22:16, the three attackers were shot dead by armed officers outside of the Wheatsheaf Pub

21 people in a critical condition after the attack.

"The suspects were wearing what looked like explosive vests but these were later established to be hoaxes."

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    A Grateful American
    Picture of sigmonkey
    posted Hide Post
    If DJT's efforts to slow the flood containing the potential terrorists concerns you, take time and let these people know.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/contact/contactus.aspx

Remind them "We the People..." demand this.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44461 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Info Guru
    Picture of BamaJeepster
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by jdmb03:
    She should specify which religion. But who really cares what she thinks?

She means all religions

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
    - John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Never miss an opportunity
    to be Batman!
    Picture of jsbcody
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    "The suspects were wearing what looked like explosive vests but these were later established to be hoaxes."

Shows lots of thought and planning went into this attack. Unarmed copper(s) might run up and use their less lethal gear on a knife attacker but how many are going to run up on a guy wearing a suicide bomb vest?

Now that it is determined that these attackers wore fake bomb vests, I can almost guarantee the next attackers will be wearing real ones.

Posts: 4054 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Don't burn
    the day away
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
    quote:
    Originally posted by sigfreund:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Bytes:
    We didn't care about collateral damage.

Not that it matters to the here and now either way, but in the interest of historical accuracy we (or the U.S., anyway) did in fact worry about collateral damage during World War II. In his series of books about the war in the European Theater Rick Atkinson discusses that issue in more detail than most historians, and points out how it affected our operations and the numbers of our casualties. And we certainly did not have a policy of “kill them [the enemy populace] all”—not least, of course, because such a policy would have been impossible to implement in practice.

Have you seen pictures of what German cities looked like after WW2 ended? How about Dresden?

Fire bombed and essentially burned the whole city, with liquid burning phosphorus running down the gutters, into basements where civilians were sheltering. And the city had little military value to either Germans or allies.

No need to get into what happened in England back then at the hands of the Luftwaffe.

The point here is that the only way to defeat those like the most recent assault in London is to kill them, as quickly as possible, using whatever means are available.

We do not need to wait until some "true believers" decide to attack a major shopping mall here. Unfortunately, those who reside in mom's basement or their personal safe space will never get the idea that they want to kill us.

And they are more than willing to die in the process.

Among the dead cities is a decent read on this topic. It debates the allied bombing of German and Japanese cities to help end the war. https://www.amazon.com/Among-D...ations/dp/0802715656

Posts: 2093 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Freethinker
    Picture of sigfreund
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

I am far more aware than most people of what efforts the WWII combatants made to terrorize the civilian populace of their enemies through indiscriminate attacks. That was not the collateral damage that we were concerned about or to which I was referring. In fact, the damage such as occurred at Dresden was the exact opposite of collateral: it was the attacks’ direct and intended purpose; there was nothing unintentional about it.

And unlike most people today it seems, I’m also fully aware of what effect the indiscriminate attacks accomplished. For the most part they stiffened the resolve of the people they were directed against, especially the British and Germans. The same thing has happened countless times to combat soldiers. One of the first stages of becoming hardened to the realities of war and becoming efficient killers themselves is to see their friends and fellow soldiers die. Unless they are completely overwhelmed by superior forces, the death and destruction they’re subject to is very often ultimately what develops their resolve to fight to the death themselves.

The Germans, among many others throughout history, were defeated by destroying their military ability to fight effectively, not by frightening the civilian populace into surrendering or even by “killing them all.”

And I’m not, BTW, suggesting that we’re not at war and that we shouldn’t fight it. Failing to recognize those facts are among our and other civilized countries’ greatest weaknesses. Part of the reason the British and Germans reacted to the attacks on the civilian populace as they did in WWII was because none of them doubted or failed to understand that they were in fights for their lives and national existence. The deliberate refusal of the targets of the savages’ attacks today to understand the same thing is a large reason for our enemies to be able to carry them out.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47679 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Step by step walk the thousand mile road
    Picture of Sig2340
    posted Hide Post
    NSFW...NSFW...NSFW...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/0ubb-mFHArA

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
    Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32008 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    This bothers me a lot for 2 reasons.
    1st, I feel bad for the English people having to put up with this. If they don't take a stand soon, it'll get worse.
    2nd, my ex wife and daughter are going to London in a few weeks. They are going with my ex SIL, who is from London, but I am very apprehensive about them going. It's only 2 days and then they're off to Spain but I have been talking with my ex a lot trying to get her mindset right.
    My daughter, 17 years old, is teetering on become a snowflake. "All people are good", "Trump made this happen" and so on.
    I have been trying to get through to her that Muslims are a problem. Pretty much all of them hate anyone who isn't of their religion.
    "You're a racist Dad" is what I got for a response. :/
    I told my ex to have her head on a swivel and if she sees something she doesn't like or something tells her it's a bad idea to be in a certain place, leave.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post