SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Terror attacks again in London (London Bridge)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Terror attacks again in London (London Bridge) Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
...The London mayor said get used to it - that this is the new normal.

Mayor SADIQ KHAN said that, huh?

Well how about that...

Yeah, he also said this:

Eating those words now.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
someone needs to have a long chat with the Mayor - he's part of the problem - actually he's 50% of the problem

but he has a vested interest in seeing terror attacks continue

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53787 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
The Mayor of London is, apparently, an idiot.

Posts: 1795 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know this is years old but I like it.

[FLASH_VIDEO]

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/QI7skvpemwA [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Within three or four posts of the beginning, someone will make a suggestion that would amount to genocide if implemented

Genocide, or something very like it, may well be the solution in the near future.

What happens when a nuke does finally go off in NYC or London or Paris. Tel Aviv? How will we respond? How must we respond? What are the consequences of not responding in kind?

We know Iran is working on nuclear weapons. Pakistan already has them. How quickly will North Korea sell one once they have them. South Africa is nowhere near as stable as it once was and they have have them.

How many countries are strongly suspected of having nukes (or known to have them but haven't admitted it)? How many of those countries are on the verge of being failed states? How many are failed states? How many of those are Muslim dominated?

Genocide, or something very like it, may well be a forgone conclusion in the near future.

Posts: 1622 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OcCurt:
South Africa is nowhere near as stable as it once was and they have have them.

South Africa no longer has nuclear weapons.

They only had nuclear weapons from 1982-1989. During that period, they had 6 relatively rudimentary nuclear bombs, but all of them were dismantled in 1990.

Posts: 33042 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by OcCurt:
South Africa is nowhere near as stable as it once was and they have have them.

South Africa no longer has nuclear weapons.

They only had nuclear weapons from 1982-1989. During that period, they had 6 relatively rudimentary nuclear bombs, but all of them were dismantled in 1990.

Fair enough. My point(s) still stand though.

Posts: 1622 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
So do we know what actually happened and is there a final outcome?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19709 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
So do we know what actually happened and is there a final outcome?

From what I've seen reported:

Van of snackbar employees rammed pedestrians on London bridge, then attacked people with knives before running to Borough Market (a short walk from the bridge) and stabbing people there. A third attack in Vauxhall (about a mile from the bridge) is said to be unrelated. UK government called it Terrorism as of shortly after midnight their time. One attacker identified as Salman Abedi. One attacker shown in photo to have what looks like an explosive vest on, matching eyewitness reports. Some witness reported that they were heard yelling "this is for Allah" as it was happening. At least one fatality, several casualties.

Locals encouraged to "Run, Hide, Tell".

I think that's about it. ?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The three attackers were shot and killed by responding police. They were wearing what appeared to be explosive vests, but it's now being reported by the police that these were fake.

Posts: 33042 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Bette Midler chimes in with some deep analysis

She is a fuckin' idiot. Not all muslims are terrorist, but nearly all terrorists are muslim.

...and all men and all religions are worthless.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29906 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:

Either an idiot or a complicit criminal. The true and total idiots are the people who voted for him.

In cleaning up the home office this morning I found a college flyer promoting their seminar a few months ago on Islamophobia, how to overcome racism in spite of the rampant Islamic terrorist attacks. I might ask, how long can you ignore/deny the truth before it burns your own arse.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

The mayor is probably a sharia law sympathizer, sort of a plant but an elected one. When some people call him stupid, they do not realize that the mayor's comments are only to fool the sheeple. He is more like a fox in a hen house, trying to open the door so more foxes can enter.

The timing of this attack is great, just before a British election. Hopefully some of the people will wake up and vote accordingly.

-c1steve

Posts: 4121 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
quote:

The mayor is probably a sharia law sympathizer, sort of a plant but an elected one. When some people call him stupid, they do not realize that the mayor's comments are only to fool the sheeple. He is more like a fox in a hen house, trying to open the door so more foxes can enter.

The timing of this attack is great, just before a British election. Hopefully some of the people will wake up and vote accordingly.

Didn't work in France

Posts: 846 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
These attacks are too small to bring about a meaningful degree of change in Europe.

And it's a shame.

But short of a worldwide cultural (r)evolution, or a genocide type event the likes of which the world has never seen and surely never will, we'll keep playing Whack A Mole forever.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I saw where 6 are reportedly dead (plus the 3 terrorists), and the Ambulance company says it took more than 40 people to several area hospitals. The van was apparently a rental (more or less like a UHaul local hourly type deal).

Here's a map of the attack:

Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
One attacker identified as Salman Abedi.

Isn't that the same name as the Manchester bomber? These fucking people.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
That gives the world 30 days to do all it can to end this shit.

If after 30 days, one, and I mean one incident of terrorism occurs, then we unleash complete and total maximum effort to eradicate and destroy the people behind this.

And yeah, if it means "Armageddon" then better we all perish "on the operating table" than let this cancer slowly take our life away, because maybe we live to enjoy another bowl of ice-cream.

I, for one, and sick and tired of allowing any group to hold an entire world hostage, because we might get a black mark on our historical report card.

When the Islamic/Muslim/Arabic world fears us more than it fears the terrorist, this shit will cease.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Its going to be a long summer.

Prayers for the wounded, condolences to the families of the murdered, and a hope for eternal damnation for the murderers and all who gave them aid.

I was in that area last Wednesday. The general consensus of the Britons I spoke with is they are getting really, really tired of this shit.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32008 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Islam is not a religion an we need to quit treating it as such. It is a political death cult. There are two types of muslims. Those that tell you to your face they want to kill you, and those that lie.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post