SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Terror attacks again in London (London Bridge)
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Terror attacks again in London (London Bridge) Login/Join 
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:

Neat. Now they start feeling like prey. The hunted.

All jihadists have been feeling like hunters for a long time. Glad to see that tables are being turned on them. And that's an important mental consideration for all involved.

Perhaps even better if a determination is made about how accident-prone they are. The beauty of accidents, no one is immune to them.

Time for them to start looking over their shoulders constantly.

They should go after them like the Israelis did under Golda Meier following the slaughter of the Munich Olympic team.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8365 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
The third attacker worked on the Tube and had access for the routes under Parliament.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5671 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
The third attacker worked on the Tube and had access for the routes under Parliament.

Holy Mother of Guy Fawkes

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17546 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Gabby Giffords risked missing Wapner to give Trump grief over not pursuing gun control after the...van and knife attacks.

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
130 imams refuse funeral rites for terrorists.

Everybody is hailing this as a watershed event.

Horseshit.

When 130 imams report possible terrorists BEFORE THEY ACT, then, and only then, will it be a watershed event.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32008 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
I'm impressed by the speed with which arrests were made after the attack. That tells me that the British authorities have pretty much their act together.

Neat. Now they start feeling like prey. The hunted.

All jihadists have been feeling like hunters for a long time. Glad to see that tables are being turned on them. And that's an important mental consideration for all involved.

Perhaps even better if a determination is made about how accident-prone they are. The beauty of accidents, no one is immune to them.

Time for them to start looking over their shoulders constantly.

I see this a different way. It concerns me. Every single person who was arrested, was released without charge. That does not send a message that would be feared. It sends a message that the police do not have the ability to do anything to them. I am purely talking about the optics of it. I am not saying that they should trump up false charges on innocent people. I am just talking about how it looks. Unfortunately, there is no easy solution. Police are reactionary and cannot arrest, hold and charge, someone who has not yet committed a crime. Even if they had surveillance on these guys, buying a knife and renting a van is not a crime. It was not until they drove that van onto the sidewalk that they could do anything about it. That is what scares me about these attacks. Using standard criminal codes to protect us will not work.

Posts: 71 | Location: NoVA | Registered: December 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
As a response I'll quote from a popular British TV show

"EXTERMINATE!"

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
And just now an incident in France at my favorite place to visit in Paris, Notre Dame.

Idiot attacked an armed policeman with a hammer and was promptly shot twice for his efforts. At a place like Notre Dame, there are heavily armed police and military everywhere.

As a side note, on my recent visit last month, I noticed that some of the police and soldiers are now carrying their new HK rifles instead of the more familiar FAMAS that they had been carrying previously. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30901 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I see this a different way.

There are varied reasons why individuals are detained/arrested and not charged.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Idiot attacked an armed policeman with a hammer and was promptly shot twice for his efforts.

Thank you for that. It's always nice to hear heartwarming news.

Just how clueless is Hillary Clinton? She is praising the mayor of London-- the Muslim who basically says "get used to it"-- in his clash with President Trump. Her message is that this is a time to reach out and be united with Muslims, and not resort to bigotry. :roll eyes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...an-wake-attacks.html

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11207 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

"EXTERMINATE!"

Or as the Romans might say, "Bellum Exstirpatio - Caedite Eos"

Kill them all. Every last one of them. Here. There. Everywhere. Total extermination. Let history note only that they once attacked us, and are no more.

Posts: 17546 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Gabby Giffords risked missing Wapner to give Trump grief over not pursuing gun control after the...van and knife attacks.

Gabby was not smart before she was shot.

Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

"EXTERMINATE!"

Or as the Romans might say, "Bellum Exstirpatio - Caedite Eos"

Kill them all. Every last one of them. Here. There. Everywhere. Total extermination. Let history note only that they once attacked us, and are no more.

could probably get the message across with a mere "decimation". 1 in 10...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

Gabby was not smart before she was shot.

and she's not getting smarter as the day goes on

but in her defense....oh, wait...never mind

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53787 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Congressman calls for a "Kill them all" holy war.

http://www.star-telegram.com/n...rticle154450109.html

"Kill them. Kill them all," are the words Stonewall Jackson uttered after Union troops plundered and looted Fredericksburg, beating, robbing, raping and killing civilians. One of Jackson's aides asked him, filled with outrage, "General, what shall we do?" And Jackson answered coolly, sucking on a lemon.

It was an act of what we now call "terrorism" because, until then, care was taken to see that civilians were not caught up in combat. Now, they were not only "caught up," they and their property were targeted.

Jackson recognized that there is no way to deal with those who would commit such deeds other than to eliminate them. "Kill them all" sounds like a fanatical, irrational thing to say. But it is true today dealing with Islamic terrorists. No one is going to reason with them, no one is going to convince them of the error of their ways. Their attacks will continue, and will grow in frequency and scale.

And inevitably, the whole Western world will come to realize that it is us or them. For the UK, France and Germany, it might already be too late.

What jjones, Sigmonkey and others said earlier in this thread is true. The battle must be taken to them, in their homelands and the lands that support them. I don't see any other way to address the danger they pose.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11207 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How come cyberspace fails to control jihadist propaganda but when you do an internet search for an item, you automatically and almost immediately get spam regarding the item you were searching for?

There's a lot of BS going on. Aha, it's very complicated, it's very constitutional, it's very exhausting.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Think the British as a lost cause? Not so quick. This guy took three on one odds with a big ol' pair of British bollocks.

The Lion of London Bridge. That's a heck of a nickname to earn.

[NOTE TO READERS: Millwall is a football club whose fans almost fall into the class of football hooligans]

quote:
"F*** you, I’m Millwall"

By Gareth Davies and Thomas Burrows for MailOnline

Published: 21:13 EDT, 5 June 2017 | Updated: 11:25 EDT, 6 June 2017

A football fan was left with shocking injuries after he was stabbed eight times by the London Bridge terrorists as he fought them off with his bare hands to allow fellow drinkers to escape.

Brave Roy Larner launched himself at the trio on Saturday night who he said had run in to the Black & Blue restaurant in Borough Market shouting, 'This is for Allah' and 'Islam, Islam, Islam'.

As staff and customers panicked, the 47-year-old shouted, 'F**k you, I'm Millwall,' before trying to punch the attackers, who have been named as Khuram Butt, Rachid Redouane and Youssef Zaghba.

The 47-year-old has since been hailed as the Lion of London Bridge, a homage to his club's nickname, having potentially saved numerous lives

His actions are said to have saved lives as people were able to escape while Mr Larner fought the terrorists back, getting slashed in his head, chest and hands in the process.

Mr Larner, 47, from Peckham, south London, is recovering from surgery after being slashed 'in the head' multiple times by the assailants.

Speaking from his bed at St Thomas' Hospital in central London, he said: 'I'm a bit better. I've had surgery. They reckon I might have to be in here a week.

'I just did what I had to do.'

He was pictured propping himself up in his hospital bed with a 'learn to run' manual his friends had given him - which they said displayed 'our south east London sense of humour'.

He told The Sun the three murderers started shouting Islamic chants, and said: 'Like an idiot I shouted back at them. I thought, "I need to take the p*** out of these b******s".'

'I took a few steps towards them and said, "F*** you, I’m Millwall," So they started attacking me.'

As he shouted the same message again, the attack got even more frenzied and Roy was forced to swing wildly at the terrorists who killed seven and put 48 people in hospital in their rampage.

He added: 'I was on my own against all three of them, that's why I got hurt so much.

'It was just me, trying to grab them with my bare hands and hold on. I was swinging.

'I got stabbed and sliced eight times. They got me in my head, chest and both hands. There was blood everywhere.'

Luckily, none of the blows he received hit him cleanly and he survived the ordeal gaining himself the nickname the Lion of London Bridge in a nod to the South-East London football club.

His proud mother Phyllis Larner, 78, said: 'Roy is quite nippy and lippy - he definitely wouldn't back down from a fight.

'He wouldn't care who it was or if they had a knife or a gun.

'I got the call on Sunday about 7.30am from his partner Tracey.

'I wasn't shocked to be honest. He wouldn't care who fronts him up. He will give as good as he gets.

'He must have been trying to help friends or something. The men with knives must have come into the pub and started on him and he would have fronted them up.

'He's had surgery and is now in intensive care.'

She said Mr Larner has three brothers but he's the loudest of the bunch.

She said: 'He doesn't care who it is, he says what he has to say. He's not scared of anyone. He's fearless, my son.'

His partner Tracey Wicks is due to visit him in the hospital with their daughter Freya, 14.

His friend Mick Church said: 'I visited Roy today in intensive care. He has lost his glasses and his hands are bandaged up past his elbows.

'He has two 10-inch scars on the side of his face and neck and his lung collapsed.

'Watching him trying to see the mobile phone and use it to answer the call from his daughter was pitiful but we both laughed at the futility of his struggle. A true brave Millwall man through and through who helped so many Saturday, and who now needs help himself.'

Admiration for his actions has poured in since the tragic night resulting in his friend Archie Webber-Brown setting up a petition for Roy to be given the George Cross.

It is the highest award a civilian can receive for showing extreme courage in the face of adversity - the equivalent of the Victoria Cross in the military.

Mr Webber Brown wrote on the Change.org page: 'Roy Larner charged at the terrorists on London Bridge in order to try and stop them and help others escape, he ended up getting himself stabbed multiple times showing great courage and preparing he's body for the ultimate self-sacrifice to help others, he should be acknowledged and rewarded for he's actions.'

The petition calls for Lib-dem parliamentary candidate for Bermondsey Simon Hughes to nominate the Millwall FC supporter for the prestigious award.

A Just Giving page for the heroic football fan has so far raised more than £10,000.

Jayne Jacob, who set up the page, said: 'Roy got caught up in the terror attack at London Bridge and was badly injured whilst protecting lives. He is now in St. Thomas's hospital in intensive care. A Millwall supporter and in my mind a proper hero and deserves our support and aid to help him on his recovery.'

Responding to his courageous act, well-wishers flooded the page with messages of support.

Katy Moss said: 'What a true Gent, as a south-east Londoner myself I take great comfort in knowing that people like you are on the streets. I wish you a speedy recovery and I too would love to shake your hand if our paths ever cross.'

Steven Lawrence wrote: 'You have saved people's lives, hero!'

Kerry McKenzie commented: 'I'm a local girl from Bermondsey and work in London Bridge I take comfort knowing people like Roy exist! Legend in my eyes if I'm ever lucky enough to cross your path in the street I'd shake your hand and say "thank you"'.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32008 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's what I mentioned earlier, the soccer thugs need to take care of business! The Brits' rallying cry should be "Fuck you, I'm Millwall!" Hell, I'd wear a t-shirt saying that.

Posts: 5233 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
That's what I mentioned earlier, the soccer thugs need to take care of business! The Brits' rallying cry should be "Fuck you, I'm Millwall!" Hell, I'd wear a t-shirt saying that.

Me, too!

tac

Posts: 11439 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
He "fronted them up!"

Good on ya, Mr. Larner!

Posts: 16171 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post