SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Terror attacks again in London (London Bridge)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Terror attacks again in London (London Bridge) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
^^^^Yeah, like "Remember Malta!" one of the bravest stands by a group of British knights against Muslims with overwhelming numbers, who prevailed and beat them after a many months siege in 1565.

Posts: 5233 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
London Bridge Attack: Former law enforcement officials react

The London Bridge incident is being investigated as terrorism, and former U.S. law enforcement officials are not surprised.

Just two weeks after the deadly attack at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, the United Kingdom is responding to as many as three different incidents, including a van crashing into a crowd at the London Bridge and a series of stabbings reported at nearby Borough Market.

“It appears to be ISIS related—this is the result of the West not recognizing that we are at war,” former member of the FBI National Joint Terrorism Task Force, Steve Rogers, told Fox News. “The United Kingdom Is learning that they must change their rules of engagement and their national policies regarding immigration.”

Former deputy secretary at the Department of Homeland Security under President George W. Bush, James Norton, told Fox News that this attack, reportedly occurring in multiple locations throughout London, is similar to that of the Paris attacks in November 2015.

“This is another ISIS style attack that we have seen in France, using vehicles as a weapon, as well as knives and other day to day items as weapons of terror,” Norton told Fox News.

The U.K. saw a similar knife-style attack on the Westminster Bridge on March 22, with five people, including a London police officer, who was stabbed, and the perpetrator, were killed. More than 40 people were injured outside the Parliament building.

Other terror attacks against the West in recent months involving vehicles and knives include the December attack on the German Christmas market, when a large truck plowed through crowds of people, killing 12, and injuring 48 others; the November attack at Ohio State University when a student ran his car into a group of students and slashed them with a butcher knife; and in Nice, France, when a truck drove through a crowd on Bastille Day killing 77 people.

“This threat speaks to the real issue of homegrown terror and radicalization that has been compounded with lax immigration policies in the U.K.,” Norton told Fox News. “The U.K. is just weeks away from an election and one of the motivations could be to disrupt the process.”

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2...officials-react.html

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
^^^^Yeah, like "Remember Malta!" one of the bravest stands by a group of British knights against Muslims with overwhelming numbers, who prevailed and beat them after a many months siege in 1565.

Funny. I was just reading about that today. Eventually they made a deal, moved to Crete with the admiration of the Sultan who had led the invasion.

There have been countless battles between Islamic and non-Islamic forces in the last ~1400 years, in varying circumstances and varying outcomes.

You don't win if you don't try.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
London terror: Saturday attacks a tipping point in campaign to destroy the West

There is no longer any doubt: the mayhem in London Saturday night has raised terrorism to a new threat level to the Western world.

The methods, and reported reference to Allah by one of the knife wielders points to Islamic perpetrators, though no official statements have been issued. Yet the van that plowed into pedestrians on the historic London Bridge, the knife attacks near Borough Market – carried out nearly simultaneously – reflect the same boldness and brazenness on the part of the twisted warriors of the Islamist campaign to destroy Western civilization and force us all to worship their version of God.

Coming only a few days before British voters go to the polls for a June 8 snap election, and just months after a similar vehicular attack on Westminster Bridge, the weekend violence is certain to have an effect on turnout and, quite possibly, the makeup of parliament and the next British government.

“My view is that we are no longer facing random acts of terrorism,” says Frank Gaffney, a terror expert who is president of the Washington-based Center for Security Policy. “We have reached a tipping point. This is now an insurgency.”

Gaffney, who has warned of the dangers of Islamic extremism for years, thinks this latest spate of attacks is the natural evolution of years of recruitment among British Muslims by terror cells like ISIS, the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda.

“The Muslim terrorist population in Britain and Europe no longer feels constrained to live by stealth,” Gaffney says. “They have built an infrastructure, they have put it in place, and now they are moving up to the next level.”

Gaffney calls the new phenomenon “Sharia Supremacism.” And he warns that the United States is on the same trajectory.

He’s right.

For far too long, Western societies, including in the United States, have tried to rationalize what has now become an avalanche of violent hatred of democratic freedom, basic human rights, and freedom to choose if and how to worship. We have asked if some of this is our fault, if we haven’t listened to the voices of religious extremism, or if we have failed to understand their message. The result in Britain: government officials estimate there are more than 20,000 jihadists living among the population.

Here’s their message: We hate you and want to kill you.

Gaffney is among an emerging group of terrorism experts who now downplays the ideological differences between Shi’a and Sunni Muslim extremists. Yes, ISIS is peopled by Sunni killers and Hezbollah soldiers are Shi’a. The two Muslim sects dislike each other and have killed one another – always in Allah’s name, of course.

But here’s the thing, as Gaffney sees it: “Shi’as and Sunnis have had serious differences for centuries, but what we are seeing now is a global alliance, they are perfectly capable of making common cause to take down the West. And I think it will get worse before it gets better.”

For British voters, this week’s election may come down to one central issue: who will call these soldiers of Islam what they really are – savages – and keep us safe?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion...to-destroy-west.html

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EmpireState:
Dont know what to say and of course they dont deserve it. They are all sorts of messed up over there and somehow look down their nose at us. I saw a tweet by a woman after the manchester bombing calling for people to stand up....she was reported to the police and they are investigating her. They have a mental illness over there and I thank the Lord I live here and we have Trump. They laugh and mock us for Trump yet they vote for leaders that bring in terrorists and destroy their society. Not to be rude but its hard for me to feel sorrow for them, attack after attack and they choose to do nothing. Not only nothing, but invite more in and investigate anyone who speaks out against it. They are the left. They are the globalists.

That is very well said and most truthful.

They have learned nothing in many years.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:

Funny. I was just reading about that today. Eventually they made a deal, moved to Crete with the admiration of the Sultan who had led the invasion.

There have been countless battles between Islamic and non-Islamic forces in the last ~1400 years, in varying circumstances and varying outcomes.

You don't win if you don't try.

I cannot recommend enough this book on the Great Siege of Malta. It is amazing the odds those Brits, along with the native people there, fought against.

https://www.amazon.com/Great-S...&keywords=MALTA+1565

Posts: 5233 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Give notice that effective immediately, the clock starts ticking for 30 days.

During that time, we will be preparing and moving towards the solution when the clock runs out.

It's a fork in the road. We proceed or stand down.

The entire world is put on notice.

Either the Islamic world calls such "methods and procedures" of "Jihad" or whatever similar wording to describe the actions of "terrorists/Islamic freedom fighters, or whatever the hell you choose" are abandoned in totality, and the exchange will be the hearing of grievances and all that stuff, or we will solve this problem with any manner and method we decide.

That gives the world 30 days to do all it can to end this shit.

If after 30 days, one, and I mean one incident of terrorism occurs, then we unleash complete and total maximum effort to eradicate and destroy the people behind this.

And yeah, if it means "Armageddon" then better we all perish "on the operating table" than let this cancer slowly take our life away, because maybe we live to enjoy another bowl of ice-cream.

I, for one, and sick and tired of allowing any group to hold an entire world hostage, because we might get a black mark on our historical report card.

When the Islamic/Muslim/Arabic world fears us more than it fears the terrorist, this shit will cease.

Otherwise, it will be for our grandchildren to deal with.

When the pain of staying the same, becomes greater than the pain of change, one will choose to change.

Time for some fucking pain.

Pick me.

And after 90 days, I will surrender to any authority for what ever any and all charges wont be brought.

I have lived a good life.

I'll step up to solve this, just give me 90 days.

My email is in my profile, if anyone has connections.

And I am sure the PeopleThatCanMakeThingsHappen.com can also find me.

And before anyone thinks that broad-brushing the entire muslim/islamic/arabic world is "racist" or whatever. Look back at the bast 50 years at least, and see to whom the bloody fingerprints belong.

-MyNameIsDaveIDon'tGiveAFuckMonkey

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44461 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sigmonkey, I see that as a pipe dream regarding Europe. They have basically thrown in the towel and. I know we are a lot different.

posted Hide Post
Well I have had enough. We had the shootings and bombing in France, the terror attacks in the U.K. and the problems in Sweden. I guess the President is correct about keeping these people out. I hope the Supreme Court overturns the ban and does not allow them in. I feel sympathy for their good people but I don't know how to separate good from evil. I just don't what that crap here.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
Well I have had enough. We had the shootings and bombing in France, the terror attacks in the U.K. and the problems in Sweden. I guess the President is correct about keeping these people out. I hope the Supreme Court overturns the ban and does not allow them in. I feel sympathy for their good people but I don't know how to separate good from evil. I just don't what that crap here.

And POTUS didn't even have to take it to the USSC. He had the obligation under the US Constitution to safeguard the nation, and that can mean keeping out groups of people dedicated to an ideology threatening our destruction. He should have just done it. Remember, three co-equal branches of government, not USSC over the other ones.

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:

It's not a ban. Never was. "Extreme vetting".

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9183 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Seen elsewhere, posted by locals who were there and/or watching UK news:

* Police declared at 25 past midnight that London Bridge and Borough Market are terrorist incidences. Vauxhall not being treated as linked.

* Reporters saying Salman Abedi was identified within 2 hours, reporter seculating attacker(s) ID could be verified soon.

* Pub patron reported seeing a guy step into the doorway wearing what looked like an explosive vest (seems to match photo that's circulating now).

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Patriot_1776
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Bette Midler chimes in with some deep analysis

She is a fuckin' idiot. Not all muslims are terrorist, but nearly all terrorists are muslim.

What about the 6,864 complete morons that liked her post?

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1616 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
...The London mayor said get used to it - that this is the new normal.

Mayor SADIQ KHAN said that, huh?

Well how about that...

Posts: 8881 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
When the pain of staying the same, becomes greater than the pain of change, one will choose to change.

Time for some fucking pain.

^^^That's really it, isn't it? The tipping point. Critical mass. When the silent and patient masses have had enough and step up, in whatever form(s) and against whomever(s), to protect themselves and their "kind" because the authorities are either unwilling or unable to do so. I'm not sure we're their yet, but we certainly are getting closer on multiple fronts. Way more than I've ever seen in 55 years.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
If the issue is taking in "refugees" from Arab/Muslim/Islamic lands, let those "three" deal with it.

Look at the expense and resources spent by some or all of them in weapons programs, resorts or other luxuries and let them handle this issue.

They can do it.

The problem is we (America) won't reach between our legs and grab our sack and say "Enough!".

As if it cannot be done.

It most certainly can.

Either we pull this car over and stop the shenanigans in the back, or we continue to deal with the effect of such for the entire trip.

We either understand and accept the crap that we will endure to put a stop to this, or accept the crap that the enemies will bring to us.

Look at all that has happened since 9-11 and think how America will look when we the shit in Europe becomes the day to day here.

You think it won't happen?

Stop and think back to September 10th 2001, then fast forward to now.

Then dare call me a fool or misguided or anything else.

I was born a warrior.

My mother was told to not bother giving me a name, as I was not expected to survive.

Have smelled death's breath on more occasions than I can count on both hands.

I am not afraid to fight anything that must be fought.

The only fear I have is being afraid to try.

So, I am available for whatever legitimate opportunity to deal with this.

My sworn oath was and is without repentance.

I made my choice who and what I will serve long ago.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44461 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
http://www.mediaite.com/online...ice-be-overreacting/

MSNBC Anchor’s Response to London Terror Attack: Could Police Be ‘Overreacting?’

The multiple attacks in London that occurred earlier today quick drew wall-to-wall coverage on all cable news outlets. And as information streamed in about multiple fatalities, a vehicle plowing into pedestrians and potential stabbings, MSNBC’s Richard Lui asked a remarkable question: could the London police be overreacting?

During a live telephone conversation with Mustafa Tameez, a former consultant to the Department of Homeland Security, Lui asked that, when it comes to the police dealing with apparent terror attacks if there “was any risk of overreaction.” Again, the earliest reports suggest multiple fatalities, stabbings and London police under extreme duress trying to keep their city safe. And the question asked was the risk of the police “overreacting.”

Tameez immediately dismissed the question, saying “I don’t think the response could be too large, to get enough officers and investigators there to quickly quell and find out what’s going on. It’s not a question of too many officers. It’s a question of using them adequately, smartly, getting all the help you can get.”

Watch the clip above, courtesy of MSNBC. (Video at the link)

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It will happen here. I'm 70 yrs old & ready to open up when the day comes. I'm bone tired of these pigs, I've lived a full life.

I'd like to dry gulch as many as possible.

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
http://www.mediaite.com/online...ice-be-overreacting/

MSNBC Anchor’s Response to London Terror Attack: Could Police Be ‘Overreacting?’

The multiple attacks in London that occurred earlier today quick drew wall-to-wall coverage on all cable news outlets. And as information streamed in about multiple fatalities, a vehicle plowing into pedestrians and potential stabbings, MSNBC’s Richard Lui asked a remarkable question: could the London police be overreacting?

During a live telephone conversation with Mustafa Tameez, a former consultant to the Department of Homeland Security, Lui asked that, when it comes to the police dealing with apparent terror attacks if there “was any risk of overreaction.” Again, the earliest reports suggest multiple fatalities, stabbings and London police under extreme duress trying to keep their city safe. And the question asked was the risk of the police “overreacting.”

Tameez immediately dismissed the question, saying “I don’t think the response could be too large, to get enough officers and investigators there to quickly quell and find out what’s going on. It’s not a question of too many officers. It’s a question of using them adequately, smartly, getting all the help you can get.”

Watch the clip above, courtesy of MSNBC. (Video at the link)

Liberalism is mental disorder.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post