SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Not a big NFL fan so my boycott doesn't mean much
as far as financial support or lack of support,
however have been an NBA fan, and with the Golden
State Billionaires Steph Curry and Co, Lebron, and now
the head coach taking shots at Trump, add in Spurs Coach
Poppovich.

Their true colors are coming out, twisting and turning
the whole thing into a Trump Issue and racism to advance the
cause.

And now another NBA superstar Coach of the Spurs

"white people especially must be made uncomfortable"

Linky Thingy

So...all white people are racists? Interesting stance coming from a group protesting against profiling Wink

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Coach sez

"white people especially must be made uncomfortable"

Linky Thingy

Be careful about what you wish for. There is a corollary of sorts in the old saying "Never scare an old man because he'll kill you."

Whitey gets nervous enough and there will be demonstrations against Smith & Wesson because they aren't getting enough smoke-poles onto the shelves fast enough.

Of course I'm sure Coach McWhattizfuck, like Holder, just wants to have a conversation.

Posts: 6396 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I took a knee. Couldn't find the remote and had to get on one knee to find the off button on the TV.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
interesting note couple posts back about Joe Lockhart

a little more

On February 15, 2016 Lockhart was introduced as the new executive vice president of communications and top public relations official for the National Football League

Lockhart worked on Bill Clinton's 1996 election campaign
Lockhart became Bill Clinton's press secretary

Lockhart was a senior advisor to the Kerry 2004 campaign

On September 8, 2004, CBS News aired a controversial report on presidential candidate George W. Bush's military record. The authenticity of the Killian documents used in that report are under scrutiny. In the course of the next few days, it was discovered that Joseph Lockhart, then senior advisor to presidential candidate John Kerry, had made a phone call to Texas National Guard officer, Bill Burkett on September 4, 2004.[7][8] Lockhart stated later that an unnamed female CBS producer asked him to contact Burkett.[7][8] Lockhart has denied that the call with Burkett had anything to do with the National Guard issue

In 2016, it was announced that President Obama and his family planned to rent Lockhart's Kalorama home after he left office. [12].
It was later revealed that President and Mrs. Obama purchased the house from the Lockharts in May of 2017, saying that it made sense to own the property since they would still be living in Washington for at least another two years

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Lockhart

politics is filled with "coincidences"

NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart said Monday that NFL players who link arms and speak out on social issues represent the best of this country, a direct rebuke of President Trump's remarks that led to 28 teams protesting in one form or another during Sunday's slate of games.

NFL says it will continue to get a better sense of what players are doing in community for equality, voting rights issues

Lockhart says moving forward he things league and players are "in unison" on issues of inequality and won't get distracted from that

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/...locker-room-talk-is/

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
quote:
Originally posted by dcowboyscr:
. . .whoever posted about the NFL denying the Cowboys permission to put a small decal on the back of their helmets honoring the Dallas police officers killed at the BLM march has a great point I hadn’t previously considered. When taking that into account the NFL is taking sides, and the wrong one at that. The NFL in essence isn’t promoting open discourse but rather promoting one side over another. I can deal with protesting but not if the NFL is going to allow it while at the same time ruling against honoring police/military/firefighters etc. I’ve got some serious re-evaluation to do.

I applaud your open mind, dcowboyscr.

+1

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lockhart says moving forward he things league and players are "in unison" on issues of inequality and won't get distracted from that

So.... he's going to give the players salary "equality" with their average fans? Razz
Since they are all 1% ers they are going to "spread the wealth around"?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. All the stadium workers I am sure are getting $15 plus an hour too right?

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart said Monday that NFL players who link arms and speak out on social issues represent the best of this country, a direct rebuke of President Trump's remarks that led to 28 teams protesting in one form or another during Sunday's slate of games.

Everyone knows that is complete bullshit. If the players had kneeled to protest Obama destroying the healthcare system in the US, the NFL would have fined those players and cracked down like the Gestapo and everyone who is even remotely honest knows this is true.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
everyone who is even remotely honest

That eliminates a lot of people involved with this circus.

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

So.... he's going to give the players salary "equality" with their average fans? Razz
Since they are all 1% ers they are going to "spread the wealth around"?

What I took from that is we don't care if people boycott us.

PS DirecTV is giving refunds
https://www.wsj.com/articles/d...ntroversy-1506453159

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
One of the many reasons I will always stand and respect our flag. Christopher is my cousin by blood and brother in life. His name is on the memorial bracelet I wear. Thank you to his mother for posting on her Facebook page and putting into words more eloquently and politely than I could for why I find the protests during the anthem to be so troubling.

https://www.facebook.com/Debby...t=feed_comment_reply

On September 11, 2001 my family put up our American Flag showing the world “We are Proud Americans and we will not cower in fear”. That day our nation was attacked by individuals who wanted to divide and destroy our country.

I have always stood with respect to our great nation with my hand over my heart every time our Flag is raised and our National Anthem is played.
On December 4, 2006 my son Christopher “Doc” Anderson was killed in Action. When his casket draped with our American Flag rolled off the plane I stood with respect.

I stand to sing our National Anthem with my hand over my heart, when I get to the words “And the rockets’ red glare, the bombs bursting in air” I start to tear up and find it hard to get the words out. Those words create a visual for me. I see the mortar flying into my son’s compound killing him and seriously wounding several others. But, I quickly take a deep breath and continue to stand and sing with great pride and respect. “Gave proof thro’ the night that our flag was still there. O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave”.

I now stand taller and sing loud as our Flag is raised and our National Anthem is played.I believe our Nation continues to be under attack by individuals who want to divide and destroy our country. My American flag has flown every day since 9/11, because “We are Proud Americans and we will not cower in fear”. And for the few who take a knee, stay in the locker room, or lock arms, please remember the blood that has spilt to give you this right, because this is The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave.

Debra Anderson
Gold Star Mom
Proud American

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11768 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Report This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
They keep trying to paint it as the unfairness that "blacks" see when they are envolved with law enforcmeent. yet white have been shot during le encounters at a rate twice that of blacks. how about checking into WHY they are involved. Now they are all "unarmed"?? Yet the details of those encounters don't paint the same picture.

Last year 958 were killed during le encounters. Out of approximatly 64 million contacts.

Meanwhile, Chicago along had ..

Shot & Killed: 720
Shot & Wounded: 3659
Total Shot: 4379
Total Homicides: 806

Seems to me living in certain sections of that city is a lot more hazardous to their health.

No comment on the 135 officers killed the same year? Maybe they should worry about the condition of the families, gangs and drugs in those cities that result in these encounters. but they will NEVER face the fact of their own involvement. Yet again, it's someone else's fault.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Rscalzo, this whole fustercluck is not about facts.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
September 26, 2017
After fifty years of NFL, it’s over for me

My whole life since I was six years old I watched the Cowboys every Sunday. Never again. Our country is besieged by communists agitators and the useful idiots' entertainment industry has been following suit for years. Now football, baseball and basketball have fallen as stupid victims, too.

If there were anything worth protesting over I’d stop and listen. There is nothing. This is the greatest country the world has ever known. More freedom here, more opportunity here than anywhere else in the world. What exactly are these spoiled brats protesting?

Cowboys and Jerry Jones link arms and kneel before National Anthem (AP/Matt York)

One radical wife (Mrs. Kaepernick) started this whole mess. Now the country has turned on its self. For nothing. Between professional sports and my love and appreciation of this country, I chose America.

This is more than an embarrassment. Back when Chief Antagonizer started this racial divide mess with the “beer summit” it was laughable because he was weak and feeble and was supposed to go away. Then we had the media pick up the lies about the “white Hispanic,” “Hands up – Don’t shoot” and the Mizzou lunatics. Was anyone ever going to stand up and tell the truth – teach our children how this was turning into organized lies designed to tear our country apart?

Those Thinkers who know history know the playbook of those who want to destroy America. We have seen the 45 Declared Goals for the takeover of America Communist plan written long ago. Did we ever think it would get beyond Hollywood? Well it did. The anti-America thinking took over the media, it took over public schools, it took over colleges and universities, and it took over professional sports.

As the Martin Niemoller said, “Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak – because I was not a Jew. Then they came for me-and there was no one left to speak for me.” Is this how we will react? H. G. Wells wrote of the dodo bird in War of the Worlds, “Don’t worry, Dear, we’ll peck them to death in the morning.” Is this our fate – extinction?

Look at those 45 Declared goals. When are we going to say something?

2. US willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging to atomic war. (North Korea)

17. Get control of the schools. Put the party line in textbooks.

19. Use student riots to foment public protests.

23. Promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.

24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them violation of free speech. 26. Promote homosexuality, degeneracy, promiscuity as ‘normal, natural, healthy.’ 27. Discredit the Bible.

28. Eliminate prayer.

29. Discredit Constitution.

30. Discredit American Founding Fathers.

And especially relevant today:

42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition.

For all the uneducated Jerry Joneses out there, we need to say something. We need to do more then a feeble boycott. I’ve been boycotting Disney, ESPN, CBS, NBC, Yahoo. Grammies, Emmys, Oscars, Kellogg’s, Nike, Proctor and Gamble and it has not made much of a dent. We need to follow Alejandro Villanueva, the only war veteran in the NFL and make our voices heard. We need to speak out. We need to make a meaningful stand.

Thanks to Jerry Jones, I just freed up all my Sunday afternoons. First he fired an upstanding Christian man, then he built a team of drug users, and now he threw America under the bus. He joined the ranks of the George Soros useful idiots who start riots, kills cops, suppress free speech, and promote racism.

Goodbye, Dallas Cowboys; goodbye, Pittsburg Steelers; goodbye, NFL; good riddance Jerry Jones and your un-American team. The next football game I’m watching on TV is Army-Navy. At least these student athletes will not only stand up to show their support for their country; they will also stand up in harm’s way to defend our freedom, heritage and way of life.

http://www.americanthinker.com...its_over_for_me.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I've quit watching professional sports because of the spoiled brats.

We went to a high school football game and a team took a knee. We got our money back. Told the principal "We came for a game, not a political statement".

I watch Pee Wee Football and Little League Baseball.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately it looks like the ratings for last night's game were up a good bit. Sad folks aren't turning this shit off.

Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Unfortunately it looks like the ratings for last night's game were up a good bit. Sad folks aren't turning this shit off.

Eek Sad.

Link?

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
It's a pretty brilliant move by Trump. NO ONE was talking about his new travel ban.

Funny how that works.
Trump is a master at that.

Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:
Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) took to the House floor Monday night to kneel in solidarity with NFL players who chose defy President Trump and protest police brutality. Jackson Lee said you "cannot deny" that Trump calling players who kneel a 'son of a bitch' is "racism."

https://www.realclearpolitics...._of_nfl_players.html

Well that bitch has more diarrhea spewing from her cake hole than anyone on God's green earf. Something about a horse she rode in on???

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Don't you think this is all about curiosity? People tuned in to see some shit happen. That's not going to last, not at all.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
Agreed. It would be interesting to see how many turned off their sets/changed the channel immediately after the Anthem was over.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post