SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/1...al-anthem/index.html

Fox said the network won't be showing the anthem live, but that the cameras "are always rolling so if something happens, we will be sure to cover it."

ESPN also said it would not air the anthem live Monday night.

CBS declined to comment and NBC did not respond.

The anthem is not usually aired live apart from major events, but networks broadcast them last month after President Trump publicly fumed about NFL players who took a knee during the "Star Spangled Banner" to protest treatment of black Americans, particularly by police.

So the networks won't cover one of the events that has been front and center in the news and in discussion by tens of millions of Americans.

The NFL knows some players will continue to kneel. And further inflame some fans

So don't show it. Problem "solved" for NFL. (not really)

Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I'm actually astounded the NFL gets tax breaks. It really blows my mind. They are a billion dollar industry with million dollar employees. WHY do they get special tax breaks? Why are they special? That needs to stop NOW. If the federal government feels the need to hand out tax breaks at least hand them to people who could use it. How about a tax break for cops or firefighters, people who actually endanger themselves for their community while trying to raise a family on 50K a year? The tax breaks really bother me. Disgusting.

This is an example of the 'Corporate Welfare' dems have been screaming about.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure Trump never considered the fake news might become involved when their bottom line $$$$$$$$$$$$ became involved.

Who knew participating citizen customers might have sway in their countries path too.

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

(Edited from one we have seen for another problem)

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I actually don't recall the anthem being televised before this whole nonsense started. Was it always televised? Or did they only start showing it for the controversy surrounding it?

Yeah they didn't show them at all. The only Anthems they ever broadcasted were from play off game and the Super bowl. Occasionally, they would show a quick shot of players during the anthem generally when the military did the fly overs.

The NFL dug themselves a pretty deep hole and now they are desperate to get the networks to try and fill it in for them.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The tax breaks are usually given based on the idea that the stadiums and games stimulate the local surrounding community with ancillary business it wouldn't otherwise have (restaurants, parking, shopping, etc), and, in theory, *their* taxes and incomes offset the incentives. I bet it rarely works as well as planned, but I don't have hard data to prove it.

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
^^^ And it totally sucks when the team leaves town, like in St Louis. You end up with a stadium that's not paid for, and the best you can hope for are some minor concerts to use it now and again.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5739 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Redskins playing 49ers today

6 active 49ers players kneeling during the anthem, seven total

no Redskins kneeled

Some fans at FedEx Field were booing at the sight of 49ers fans kneeling during the anthem.

http://www.breitbart.com/sport...nee-national-anthem/

Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
They should throw rotten tomatoes, eggs and dog poo at them. Boo them when ever they are seen.

posted Hide Post
Glanced at the TV just long enough to note the stadium about 50% empty this morning! Smile

Keep up the Boycott.

Also: Budweiser and Verizon.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I'm actually astounded the NFL gets tax breaks. It really blows my mind. They are a billion dollar industry with million dollar employees. WHY do they get special tax breaks? Why are they special? That needs to stop NOW. If the federal government feels the need to hand out tax breaks at least hand them to people who could use it. How about a tax break for cops or firefighters, people who actually endanger themselves for their community while trying to raise a family on 50K a year? The tax breaks really bother me. Disgusting.

The people must be entertained, lest they look at other things.... Wink

Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Hahahahaahaaaaaaa

He will now show everyone.

http://profootballtalk.nbcspor...ievance-against-nfl/

Jerk

Archerman

Posts: 2486 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archerman:
Hahahahaahaaaaaaa

Jerk

Man, this loser does not know when to stop digging

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Ohhhhhh Colon.....put the shovel down. [JSMH]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I should do the same. NFL wouldn't take me either.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
It'd be funny if millions of other dudes filed that same lawsuit virtually overnight. I wonder how much would that generally cost to do?

Posts: 7257 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by archerman:
Hahahahaahaaaaaaa

Jerk

Man, this loser does not know when to stop digging
Fucking love it.

Let him burn the NFL to the ground - the owners should reap it and let social justice run through the veins of the organization. Maybe have a supreme leader who balances all the teams to make it "fair" and "equal".

FUCK.

THEM.

FOREVER.

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

no Redskins kneeled

Some fans at FedEx Field were booing at the sight of 49ers fans kneeling during the anthem.

http://www.breitbart.com/sport...nee-national-anthem/

49ers and Browns both now 0-6. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

no Redskins kneeled...

Seems the 49ers came in second place today.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post