SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Nice, what did you think of the 2008.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Gator - if they were not so damn expensive I would buy the remaining 12 they have in the store. A wonderful stick - started off with a taste that I did not love, but just under a quarter into it I had a tough time not taking more puffs off of it. Nubbed it completely to the end - been phasing out beer and smoking with ice water, I'm seeming to enjoy them more this way.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12365 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post

I could get used to these. This 91° weather can take a hike though!

Posts: 13768 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Thats a good smoke Lee, my coworker likes those and will pass them out sometimes.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Ronin they certainly are not an everyday smoke but I really like them. I have only one 2008 left, and two 2009. The 2008 didn't get the best reviews so it kind of flies under the radar. All the better for us. The 2009 is a little more full bodied and has Pelo which imparts that touch of sweetness.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, here she is! The Tatuaje black robusto straight from Pete Johnson's shirt pocket. I'm getting a blend of flavors out of it but nothing stands out except the pepper so far.

I usually drink water while here at home but beer when I am at CI. The beer can have negative effects on flavors as can any drink other than water. They can also compliment each other too.

Posts: 3670 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess it would help if I posted the picture...

Posts: 3670 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Tatuaje pudgy Wolfman paired with sierra nevada ovila abbey Saison brewed with Mandarin oranges and peppercorns. Pete I agree the wrong beer can screw up a good cigar. I almost never drink an IPA with a cigar just to bitter for me. Last summer I drank a lot of stouts and porters the roasted malts, cocoa and bitter coffee flavors went well with cigars. This summer Im Drinking a lot if Saisons the citrus, and peppercorn go well with the right stick.

Then there are lagers like bud and colors light which are close to water anyway.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Enjoying a Drew Estate Jave Maduro in the AZ 91 degree dry heat.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2220 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I really like those Javas! Acids were my first infused cigars, but if I'm going that direction, I will choose a java. What do you drink with it? For me it is a great morning coffee stick.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12365 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I love the Java line just wish they made some bigger ring gauges.

Posts: 13768 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Ronin, I had a Sculpin from Ballast Point. Needed something to cool me off in this AZ heat.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2220 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mkueffer:
Ronin, I had a Sculpin from Ballast Point. Needed something to cool me off in this AZ heat.

NICE!!! Very nice.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mkueffer:

Not a fan of Sculpin but the Grapefruit Sculpin now that's incredible.

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
just because I don't think we've talked about yet in this thread, how does everyone feel about box-pressed cigars?

I love them and would go so far as to say I prefer them, though there just aren't a whole lot of offerings. Of course, my favorite non-cuban cigar is box-pressed, the Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro.

I also bought a MF Toro Gordo last week that I'm excited about.

Any other recs for box pressed? RP has a few offerings that I know of and need to try.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10514 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Ave Maria Lionheart are box pressed and reasonably priced. I don't have a preference either way.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
In the same topic, how do "you" cut box pressed? In most cases I will punch. Those Padron 50th I posted a couple pages ago are box pressed - but come to think of it, aren't all (most) Padrons?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Perdomo 20th are all boxed pressed, not a fan but they arent bad. I always punch first, if draw is tight or smoke production is low I'll cut. Lately I havent had any issues with just using a punch.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not sure I notice a difference in a box pressed versus a standard cigar. I never really put much thought into it either. When I do smoke a box pressed cigar, I reach for a punch. It is too much hassle to try to cut it just right with a guillotine.

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I also punch a box pressed stick. Typically with the back of a match.

I think most BP's burn more evenly. They're more comfortable to hold in my mouth, as well, as I tend to bite them.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10514 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post