SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Yellowjacket, How much are the La Gloria Cubana serie N there? Here they are $5 and change depending on the size. A very good stick at that price point that I like better than the Serie R.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like goat's the lucky 100! Congrats! Let me know where to send the cigar I said I would throw in the hat. Still not sure what it will be, but it will not be a dog rocket.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I am still waiting on the Las Calaveras which has hit the US and should be to me next week sometime.

Goat I will send you one of those as I mentioned before and something for the 100th post.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4797 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Congrats Goat, I have some smokes Ive been meaning to get sent out and I already have your address, Ill get some in the mail to as soon as I can.

And yes the Anejos are worth it in the Shark size, I wont pay more than 12-15$ each for them though.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Woohoo! What luck! I tend to smoke gars that fall in the $8-$12 range, but buy the vast majority online so I end up paying around $3-$5 a stick.

Started the day with a San Cristobal Elegancia. It had more of a punch then I expected (in the medium category), but it was delicious with my morning coffee. Heavy notes of roasted nuts, and cream. I developed into a spice and an almost floral note. The preflight draw was great and the burn was flawless. A very good cigar for sure.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Goat, I'll get something out to you, as well. I've been the recipient of plenty of kindness from the smokers on the board.

Petr, I don't care for the Serie N (too much cocoa) but I remember them being about $8 or $9, I think.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YellowJacket,

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10582 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
These are different from the regular production 50th robusto.

This is a 50 x 6.5 vitola, Nicaraguan wrapper, binder and filler. It is the inaugural release of this cigar and comes out of the White Humidor, they will only come out ONCE per year for the next FIVE years. This inaugural release comes with the “red” numbers, and on subsequent releases, will be in black.

Now that I have my three, I am on the list to have first shot of subsequent releases each year going forward.

Half-wheel review link

Just cause I think it is so beautiful, here is a shot of the humidor at my B&M before I got to choose my 3 sticks.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12405 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
How are they charging 65 for opusx? Or i am getting my opus' mixed up? I can find them for 12-15 locally

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8239 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Some of the online retailers do some price gouging, I have seen the Perfection X go for 65$ or more. The Anejo sharks for 35-50 each. My b&m sells three packs of opusx, any variety/size for 40$

ETA- Even Arturo Fuente does some gouging, at the Texas cigar festival, there were a bunch of retailers selling boxes at 25% discount, except for AF, they were selling 5 packs, 2 different one, One had a shark the other had a perfectionx, the other 4 smokes were a Rosado, a hemingway, a don carlos and a Gran reserva, for 70$! That was higher than if I walked into the store and bought them separately. Plus that day everything was 25% off, I couldve picked those up in store for 40$

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
After lunch, my father supplied a Pinar Del Rio Osuro. It was a bit of a hassle to keep lit. Good deep flavor, and tons of smoke though.
We finished the day with a MUWaT Bait Fish. It was very good for being a short little smoke. Very similar to the other sizes that I've had in that line..

That seems like a good deal on the Opus' Jay.. You must have a very nice shop.

Chach, it looks like I won the pot o gars. To pay it forward, send me an email with your address and I send some gars to you. I think I've got some things you will like and will broaden your horizons. If you don't like them, then you at least you will know.
Thank you again guys!

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The MUWATS are excellent smokes. Good price too.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Congrats goat!

I just picked up a five pack of the MUWAT 5" x 60 at CI for $25 shipped. Never had them but I'm willing to try at that price. Its their Joe cigar deal of the day so if you're interested go get it now.

Posts: 13838 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
I think you'll like them Lee.. I missed it (it's Joe's Jambalaya today) and they must've switch be the time I got over there.

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Swung by J's on the way home tonight and picked up an Undercrown, a 10th Anniversary Miami, and a My Father Le Bijou. J tossed in something without a label because he's a good guy and a fellow Yellow Jacket .

Posts: 10582 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Cover of today's CI catalog. Pulling the trigger on this one!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12405 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
The MUWATS are excellent smokes. Good price too.

Can you tell me the tie in from muwat and my CUT?

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4797 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Smoking this gem that's been in the humidor for months thanks to the generosity of one of you guys. Can't remember who sent me this... Jeff? Ronin? Gator? I believe it was Ronin but I've gotten something from all of you at least once...

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
YellowJacket - glad you are enjoying, I just smoked my last one.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
That Macanudo was a great smoke. Enjoy it!!

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Its a song isn't it? Sounds familiar but i dont remember it.