SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
How do we like the pedromo champagne? Ive got 1 i havent found time to smoke yet.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8231 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Deqlyn, it's a good smoke. Mild and good with a morning cup of coffee..

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Montecristo White Series tonight paired with Madtown NutBrown beer.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2220 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goatboyz:
Deqlyn, it's a good smoke. Mild and good with a morning cup of coffee..

Excellent. I will try at 6 am after breakfast saturday. With a virgin bloody.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8231 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
The champagne is a great smoke, one of the few Conny wrapped smokes that isnt bland/boring. Nice flavors and a little pepper. Try the Noir/maduro and the sun grown next, All 3 are great.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
East India Company by the Gurkha people. Pretty good blend of spice, earth, leather and coffee. Excellent construction, draw and burn.

Posts: 13769 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Jesus, Mary and Joseph - what have I done!?!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12366 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Holy Fu.........! Very nice Ronin!

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Have you had one before? For some reason I thought you had some from the original release, if so how are they.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
These are different from the regular production 50th robusto.

This is a 50 x 6.5 vitola, Nicaraguan wrapper, binder and filler. It is the inaugural release of this cigar and comes out of the White Humidor, they will only come out ONCE per year for the next FIVE years. This inaugural release comes with the “red” numbers, and on subsequent releases, will be in black.

Now that I have my three, I am on the list to have first shot of subsequent releases each year going forward.

Half-wheel review link

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12366 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
They are fucking incredible! GF bought me one for my birthday. How much did you get them for? Mine came out of the white humidor at Serious, he got 2.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
How much do they run? I know the 1964 Anniversary series was great. I can't even imagine what a stick would be like that is better than that...

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
They are 106 at serious,114 and some change after tax.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Wow! They really should be good for that price!

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
They are 106 at serious,114 and some change after tax.

Because I am a locker member at my local B&M the price was not quite that high - but it was close. One of my cigar buddies really jumped on me today, all but demanding I justify my purchase, bragging that he just shut down an auction because he was not going to get the less then $10/stick he was bidding on.

For me it is like this. Some people will spend $100 on a concert ticket and not bat an eye, others will go out for dinner, see a movie, and then out for drinks after. And others still will spend hundred's to get a premier ticket to sporting event, plus eat and drink inflated priced stadium food, then possibly go out again after the game.

My form of splurged entertainment is a quality cigar. For the price I pay I get two to three hours of quality time and conversation with a like minded friend, or one-on-one time with my wife at the backyard campfire. I don't fight traffic to do this, I don't pay for parking to do this, I walk out my patio door, and there I am. Cigars are so incredibly relaxing for me, it is a pleasure that I don't mind paying for.

I'm going to smoke one Saturday night if there is no wind, will give a full review.

ETA - Goat, not directed at you!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post

Enjoying a PLPC on the deck in Boothbay Habah' Big Grin

Posts: 12943 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I bet thats peaceful.

Im glad I dont have to justify my hobby to anyone, but I am the same way.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Just to be clear... I wasn't criticizing! I was trying to make a point about the 1946 being really good. If the 1946 is good at $15-20 bucks a stick how good would the 50th be at a price point much higher.. I couldn't agree more Ronin, I've spent much more on something I've enjoyed much less.. The camaraderie and experience is second to any event..

That looks like a great place for a gar Jeff..

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I had people question my sanity when I paid $250 for a Sam Adams Utopia. My bills are paid and the savings is growing. I figured what the hell I could be dead before I got another chance.

Posts: 13769 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I bet it was worth every penny too. I usually pick up Sam adams, special releases but they are getting harder to find.