SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I like the way box pressed feels in my hand. I v-cut them parallel to the long axis of the box press.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
At work fixing my sisters A/C today, starting the day with a Nat sherman 1930 Rothschild

ETA about a third in and this little guy is a firecracker, some raisin/licorice and light pepper flavor, has a maduro kind of smoothness but I'm pretty sure its a habano wrapper. Goes great with some iced coffee.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
On to #2 for the day, A Sensei Sasparilla that Cam Sent me.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Started the day yesterday with a MOW side project (chile tip). I was good, but I think I like the Skull Crusher better..

Then for my brother's birthday (today) we smoked a Jericho Hill. I'm not sure of the size (I think it was a Willy Lee), but boy what a fantastic cigar. Notes of dark chocolate and coffee.. It had some heft, and the burn was fantastic. I had to set it down for about 5-10 minutes, and when I came back a couple of puffs and it was just like I'd left it.

Finished they day with a La Aroma de Cuba EE. I really like everything I've had from Ashton, and the LAdC is no different.. The construction and burn is flawless. Lots of flavor, with tons of smoke.

I'm an equal opportunity smoker when it comes to box pressed, round, oval, etc. There have been some blends that I can't imagine being better round than they are box pressed (CAO Flathead as an example). I've had others that I think would've improved with a round cigar... Somehow, some should be box pressed and some shouldn't (it may have to do with the size).

Unless a cigar is too big for my Xikar cutter, I always use that. Once in a while I'll use a punch, but thats few and far between. I've never had a decent v cutter to use. The only one I ever had was crap and tore the cap on the first cut.. I've never tried after it ruined a couple of cigars.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: goatboyz,

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post

Gator, You just destroyed my mailbox! I've never had any of these before (except a different size of the Jericho Hill). I'm speechless! Thank you BOTL!

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
You are welcome enjoy. I might have a Calaveras later tonight. But I really should let them rest it is hard not to smoke on right off the truck (ROTT).

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
I gotta get mine in the mail to ya. Been very busy here trying to get the house ready to be listed and working 6 days a week. I was able to relax a little last night as we visited my cousin and her family. I smoked a Tatuaje 10th anniversary that was the best I have had since they seemed to have lost their flavors. This one was very tasty and smooth. Today after work I grabbed a Blend Lab KK-4560 and now I am finally sitting down and smoking a La Gloria Cubana serie N. Both of these are great $5 sticks!

Today at work, a guy that started smoking cigars...well flavored Cuban Honeys, asked if I ever had a cigar that was so tight I couldn't get a draw out of it. The smart ass that I am, the first question I asked was if it was fleshy followed by if it smelled like shit!

Posts: 3667 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Crap, after seeing that I feel like I need to send more. Frown

Posts: 13747 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I was in Omaha last week for a wedding and stopped in a cigar store in The Old Market with my SIL. I have long heard about Acids from Drew Estates, but was not intrigued enough to order any online. The opportunity to try just one was the opening I needed and I bought us each a Kuba Kuba.

I smoked it this afternoon while working on my truck. It was aww-ight. Probably won't buy another.

Posts: 13303 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Those really are a preferred taste. First time i had one i did not know they were flavor infused and i was quite surprised.

posted Hide Post
Though I have not tried many flavored or infused cigars the one I really did like was the Arganese Breakfast blend. I tried the Drew Estate Natural and a few others but to me they smell like clove cigarettes and taste Nothing like a cigar.

Busting ass around the house again today and a morning trip to Home Depot this morning. I am finally working outside and smoking a Ruination while doing so.

Posts: 3667 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
This looks like it might be a good smoke, all the barrel aged smokes I've had did not disappoint.
http://cigardojo.com/2015/06/c...-3cf4406ddb-61111613

posted Hide Post
Not a great start to the week. First of all, we lost power last night. Began with a "brown" out so I had to run downstairs and turn breakers off so no damage would occur to anything. Then, I woke up late...still no power and I missed my alarm on my phone! I had to call off of work, not that it is a bad thing, but I would rather use my days doing other things. I was, however, able to enjoy a Man O War Virtue for breakfast...without coffee...and kick back and relax a bit. Not much to do with the power being out and out of gas for the tractor to mow with. The power came back on at noon today and peace and harmony have been restored. I smoked a Nub maduro after lunch which was quite full bodied and very good. Hopefully, it is not a sign of how the week will turn out.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Funny you should mention those Camachos Jay. I saw an ad for them in one of the cigar mailers. I thought they sounded good too. I also have enjoyed everything that has been barrel aged (I think)...

Petr, I know how you feel. Got home from work and found the rain gauge had almost 3" of water in it.. I emptied it out last night, and it didn't start raining here till about 1415. So, 3" in 2.25 hours is pretty good. The debris on the road where it must've flooded over, but no damage I can see... I too hope that the week goes better than it started..

Helping the week to move in a better direction, I found this in my mailbox today! nothing like a couple of nice gars to freshen your day! Thanks Lee!

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Hope you enjoy those as much as I do!

Great deal on AJ Fernandez premiums
http://www.cigarsinternational...ew-sampler/#p-164002

Posts: 13747 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Tatuaje has a new cigar coming out for Nice Ash Cigars called "The Whore".

I'm a tat fan as much as anybody, but seriously?

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Whats wrong with "The whore"? Cant be as bad as the kitty juice.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
The pussy juice was not a production run i.e. Sold by retailers this one will be. I am tired of the marketing gimmick of naming a cigar period. Pork chop, the whore, drinking age, pork tenderloin, m80, etc... And these are just Tatuaje, I remember when a cigar was known by manufacturer, line, vitola. For example the conversation use to go,
What are you smoking?
Ashton VSG
Is that the belicoso?
Yeah it's great.

Now its
I'm smoking a whore Roll Eyes

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Hey gator how was that whore last night? Could get you into trouble.