SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Here are two samplers I would recommend

http://smallbatchcigar.com/ash...packof53-p-1887.html

http://smallbatchcigar.com/sma...xpackof6-p-2032.html

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4796 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Almost done with my first Varina Farms breakfast blend. Burn quality was horrible the first half and there was no flavor but it got creamy and a little sweet at the halfway point. Probably good with some coffee for a light morning smoke as mentioned previously.

Posts: 13836 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys - much appreciated.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12690 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Got an Ave Maria Ark of the Covenant habano wrapped beauty burning now and paired with a DuClaw Euphoria. Perfect IMO. The sweetness from the beer and slight pepper of the cigar offset each other quite well.

Posts: 13836 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Something new from Perdomo, as soon as Serious gets them in I'll be sampling them all. I tried the Drew estate line to pair with beer and while the smokes were good I think they missed the mark with beer pairings. None of the blends were good any kind of beer IMO. Hope these are better.

http://halfwheel.com/perdomo-c...ars-beer-enthusiasts

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are quite tasty. CI has the Fat Camp sampler with 3 each of them, Diesel Shorty, Nub maduro, and Nica Libre for $30-$40, I forget how much. It is a great little sampler.

Edited to add it also includes 3 Obsidian Black

This message has been edited. Last edited by: petr,

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
La Rosa 520 today. Spicy...maybe too spicy? Really heavy smoke too...sits in the back of my throat....might have to work this for a while longer to get into it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12405 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After running around shopping tonight, I finally can kick back and relax! CAO flathead Camshaft tonight...oh yeah I went full bodied tonight! With these being box pressed and flat on the end, the punch cutter came through. A freebie for joining the Montecristo Club. If they are still offering them, get one if you need a heavy duty punch cutter.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
My buddy plays lead guitar in a couple local small bandd, went to watch them play at a Rock n roll pub and smoked a perdomo champagne noir. Got lots of complimentson the aroma. Next time ill bring enough to share.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Those Perdomos look like they have some promise!

We started the day with a MOW Immortal war horse (perfecto). I have to say it was a great start of the day cigar. I don't prefer most Connecticut wrapped cigars, so finding a good morning smoke can be difficult. The Immortal is a habano wrapped medium cigar and I'll have to try another to confirm my morning smoke success, but if the rest are as good as this one was I'll be getting some more. Notes of sweet cream, tobacco, and another flavor that I couldn't quite put my finger on..

We smoked a MOW Skull Crusher yesterday afternoon. I was smoking it while working on a small 4-wheeler my brother bought for his son for $125 (the motor was seized). Long story short, It was a good cigar, but I set it down a number of times and had to relight it often. I honestly can't give a full review with how I was smoking it, but I found there to be a heavy pepper note (black or white pepper) with hints of leather, and a sweet earthy hint. My brother said he really felt it, so I'm guessing it was pretty heavy as he smokes more cigars than I do.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Not all that impressed with the 520 I referenced above. Some of the guys here think it will be better if I let the stick season for a bit, but I'm not going to pay 'that' for a second stick that I didn't love.

Today it is a Padron 85th - Typically use a V cut on these, I am always surprised at how light the draw is on a Padron.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12405 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
RP Habano tonight. I've been smoking the Sumatra's mostly of late and the Nicaraguan blend is a bit stronger.

Petr, talk to me about punch cutters. I use a very nice carbon fiber cutter that Jeff Yarchin gave me several years ago (think of you every time I use it Jeff)and it works nicely but I've thought about adding a punch.

Posts: 11288 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't use it very often, but when a guillotine will cut most of the tip off, because the cigar is too square, I grab the punch. They will work for any cigar except Torpedo or chisel tipped, but I grab the guillotine 99% of the time. Quite a few Xikar lighters have a punch built into them so you always have some sort of cutter with you. When sharp, they do not "unravel" the wrapper like the guillotine does at times. If you smoke lanceros they have smaller ringed punches the same if you smoke Gordos a larger one. They work by pushing the ring into the tip of the cigar and you pull a "plug" out of the tip. It leaves a nice clean hole to draw from. The one I got from Monte, the tip twists out like some ball point pens. I'll see if I can find it online for ya.

No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
Currently sitting down with the second cigar from my CI singles order. This time a Rocky Patel Connecticut. Taste seems a little dirty, don't know how else to describe it.

I'd like to find one that is somewhat buttery. And smooth the Immortal War Horse sounded interesting would like to hear what your thoughts are after a few more Goatboy

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Brad,

I would agree word for word in regards to Petr's comments about using a punch. Similar to him, I use a sharp guillotine cut for most sticks, but use a V cut occasionally on larger sticks. Anything box-pressed though, is automatically a punch for me.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Here is a little write up on the club and the punch cutter they sent me.

http://www.mikeoliveri.com/201...tecristo-social-club

and some more comments

http://www.cigarbum.com/forum/...e-Cristo-Social-Club

I am not sure if they are still offering this or not, but it is free to sign up and see what they send you.

http://www.montecristosocialclub.com/home/

It looks as though they are still sending these out. If so...sign up and get a real nice, heavy duty punch cutter! It weighs about a pound and is solid metal.

Oh, and it is FREE

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Do any of you guys post on Puff? I've had a membership there for some time, but find the site difficult to navigate. Any tips on where to start and what to read?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed a Foundry playing cards with friends. Another was a hand rolled from Puerto Rico that I really enjoyed.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2222 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I quit puff after there was a thread that was three pages on "cigars give me diarrhea". Lots of youngsters and newbs. It was to much.

Puff will frequently go down with out warning for months.

I belong to BOTL. Brothers of the leaf. Same user name. Quite a few youngsters and newbs as well but the mods do a good job. I'm surprised I had seen any of our members over there.

I had a tat taa last night. I love those.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4796 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chach:
Currently sitting down with the second cigar from my CI singles order. This time a Rocky Patel Connecticut. Taste seems a little dirty, don't know how else to describe it.

I'd like to find one that is somewhat buttery. And smooth the Immortal War Horse sounded interesting would like to hear what your thoughts are after a few more Goatboy

Chach some smokes do have a "dirt or earthy" flavor to them. Dont let it discourage you though.