SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Gator, you are about 45 minutes south of me and about a half hour north of Holts cigar in Philly. I have never been there but they have cigars that are not available at CI. There used to be a cigar shop and lounge in the King of Prussia mall but it has been years since I have been there and they may not be there any longer.

Posts: 3667 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, it looks like there are 2 shops in Skippack. Top Shelf Cigar Co. and Basta Pasta Caribou Lounge. I know nothing about either one but my Cigar Aficionados cigar finder app says they are there.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: petr,

Posts: 3667 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a rare occasion for me to have a morning smoke, when I do though, it is with a cup of Peet's Major Dickasons blend. I have had an Arganese breakfast blend that was great and an Oliva V that is good any time of the day.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Holts has 's tatuaje exclusive I guess we will find out how much of a tat whore I am.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they have the TAA Tat's there.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Found it is worth it to makes friends with your local B&M. Asked him for something a little more rare to fill my grail humidor up with - hooked me up with these:

Illusione Singulare EL

Original Tatuaje Black Label Lanceros

A Davidoff Millenium

Looking forward to smoking these soon.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12346 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Ronin I'm having a tat black label Corona Gorda they are tasty. That one in your pic looks like a petite lancero which is really good. They do have a black lancero that's 7" long.

I am a fan of smaller ring gauges I think the flavors are more crisp and less influenced by filler. The bulk of a cigars flavors come from the wrapper and binder, filler is, well filler. I read an article earlier this year that smaller ring Guage cigars have smaller profit margins cause it cost the same in wrapper and binder as larger ring gauge but takes more skilled rollers to get them right. Most consumers think a fatter cigar should cost more and hence buy less small RG cigars. That's why you see less small RG cigars because they don't sell as well.

I don't smoke lanceros in the summer as they react quickly to the environment and it gets warm and hummed in the south affecting the cigars burn and flavors.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another La Gloria Cubana N tonight as I WAS planning on mowing the grass but the tractor had other plans! I still smoked it while working on it without any success. Guess I know what I'll be doing over the next few evenings. Cleaning the carb and hoping that fixes it...I hope.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Something new tonight, a Casa Fernandez 2014 Anniversario - very peppery, maybe a bit more than I like actually. Only a quarter of the way into it, so need to give it a little more time. Good burn, I had to leave it for five minutes to help my wife with something, still lit when I came back. Just a small touch up to keep it running even.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12346 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Haven't posted in this thread lately so I thought I would share this. My go to local cigar shop hosted the release of Eddie Ortega and Sean Williams Larceny this past Saturday. Both guys were great especially Eddie. A real gentleman with a great sense of humor.

Larceny is a limited release of two blends. Only 300 boxes were produced. Ten cigars of each blend per box.

I highly recommend that you grab a box while you can. Both are excellent.

List of dealers selling these:

http://www.cigar-coop.com/2015...s-announced-for.html

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Because Mustang!
Picture of camshaft86
posted Hide Post
The girlfriend surprised me with this when I got home. Always wanted to try one, but could never find them in stock.

Sig P228
Sig 1911 Ultra

Posts: 392 | Location: SE TX | Registered: October 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Nice Camshaft! Let us know your thoughts.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Enjoy the flying pig, those are really good. I still have a bunch of uf-13s if you havet tried them yet Camshaft.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Because Mustang!
Picture of camshaft86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Enjoy the flying pig, those are really good. I still have a bunch of uf-13s if you havet tried them yet Camshaft.

Jay, I'll gladly send you some Cigar Dojo favorites including a Sensai's Sensational Sarsaparilla for a UF13.

Sig P228
Sig 1911 Ultra

Posts: 392 | Location: SE TX | Registered: October 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Arent you in houston? We could meet up at a lounge sometime.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Because Mustang!
Picture of camshaft86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Arent you in houston? We could meet up at a lounge sometime.

I live about an hour and a half away near the TX/LA border. I get over to The Man Cave in League City/Kemah area about once or twice a month though.

Sig P228
Sig 1911 Ultra

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Ok, well send an email, whichever you want to do will work. Ill send you a couple.

posted Hide Post
Came up to CI tonight in hopes of them having the L'Atelier Cote de Or...only to find out they don't have them yet. BUT, Pete Johnson wants to have a release party here for them. June 10th he and the cigars will be here, as will I.

So, I grabbed a Blend Lab KK-5252. It is not near as good as the other KK they have though. It's not bad, but I like the other one better.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I ordered a few of those Cote de Or from Atlantic cigars. They should arrive today. I may smoke one this weekend.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Mine were really wet. Which slightly affected the burn and draw. Still really really good but should be even better after a rest at 65% rh.

Chi Chi, get the yayo