SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Ronin you kill me.

For Thanksgiving I'm traveling to visit family I'll be taking a bunch of cigars as the uncle I'm visiting likes to smoke cigars.

By the way check out these ladies

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ronin you kill me.

I had a wiff of one today and could not resist. Just two though, one to smoke and one to save. To add - the problem with saving "one" of some of these is that you never smoke them. They sit in a tray looking pretty, but once you smoke it then it's gone. Stupid.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
GA Gator....dayum! Those sticks will take two hours to burn!

I'll be up in Austin with my girls for Thanksgiving, so I'll probably smoke something I pick up at the Bobalu store on Wed.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1781 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I smoked a Gurhka Legend Vintage 2001. Wow, incredibly smooth and flavorful but not overpowering.

I do have a question though. On Torpedo shaped cigars (regardless of actual size as I don't know all the names) I find I have to cut the cap off 2-3 times by the time I smoke the entire cigar. The draw will start smooth but then get tough as the cap gets damp from my lips. Once it becomes unreasonable I cut it off again and sometimes have to repeat a third time. Then I end up with a more traditional looking end and it finishes fine. Is it something in my technique of smoking? or maybe I just need to stay with more traditionally shaped cigars in the future?

"Modern medicine exists to defeat Darwinism" - Anonymous 18D

Posts: 711 | Location: Land of Scarlet and Gray | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
I've had that happen a few times.

See if it happens with the same stick. I've had it happen with very tightly rolled sticks, but not enough times to notice it. I agree, if I start a torpedo I don't want to end up with something that look like a normal cigar. .

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1781 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I think my Thanksgiving smoke will be the last Anejo 46 I have! I'll buy another box but I'm not sure if it will be the 46 or 48.

I did get a box of AF Hemingway Classic Maduro last night, they'll sit a while before I have one. I've always liked this and the Work of Art.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3426 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
The burn of any cigars is a function of the quality of construction. Rolling any figurado is different than rolling a similar sized cigar without a shape.

My preferred cut is leaving a 1/4" of cap, cut on an angle. The angle cut provides more surface area than a cut perpendicular to the cigar. Being cut at near the end of the cap does cut most of the taper off but it helps the draw but more importantly to me keeps tar from building up and getting bitter.

There are some bellicosos / torpedoes that I have V cut and they smoke great. Monte #2 is one of those.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
I didn't resist-

Oh my, have you tried one yet?
Did you buy a whole spendy box?

Posts: 23028 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
What are we starting the weekend with?

I'm having Crowned Heads TAA

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post

Today's choice!

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I had a leccia white yesterday while doing a side job in my driveway. Good chewy tobbaco flavor, very mild and one dimensional though. Boring! Today i got another side job on the way here, about to torch up a perdomo champagne noir with a huge cup of coffee. Beautiful weather this weekend, the highs have been in the 60s with it dropping into the 40s overnight.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Return of nice weather today, high temp in the low 60s. Just bought 10, Gurkha Legend-Vintage 2001. I felt like they rested and stabilized their humidity long enough to try one. First one was rolled slightly looser than I like, but it was flavorful. I think it will take a couple more to form a more solid opinion.

Posts: 13385 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Enjoying the fact that I don't have to wait until 8 PM for it to be cool enough to enjoy a stick on my back patio.

Tonight was a Davidoff Double R. Man, what a smooth, well-built cigar. Last night I had a Punch something and the difference could not be more obvious.

Plato

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
There is something wrong with Punch cigars. Maybe its their "thing" but all the ones ive smoked i could not get through the whole stick. Harsh as heck.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Tonight I got home to find two pork chops that needed to be cooked. So fired up the smoker and could not let the extra room go to waste so added a pack of Costco all beef dogs and a pound of bacon

Fired up a Ghurka Black Ops torpedo while cooking

Posts: 23739 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried something interesting yesterday. It was the Rocky Patel Snowman.... 80 ring size behemoth. I got it from one of the other guys here who I smoke a cigar with regularly. He bought some as a semi joke buy.

PITA to light and keep light, very one note on flavor (and not a great note) and the construction wasn't great, wrapper fell apart as you smoked it. Neither of us finished the entire thing.

"Modern medicine exists to defeat Darwinism" - Anonymous 18D

Posts: 711 | Location: Land of Scarlet and Gray | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
My boss was passing these guys around this morning:

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The Brickhouse maduro is a tasty beast of a smoke. Ive only had the Mighty Mighty size. Tonight's stick is a perdomo lot 23 maduro, very dark with heavy pepper flavor but also velvety smooth. Got the yard cleaned up for all the company we have coming tomorrow.

Also took my stepdaughter to the range to shoot for the first time. I got her a 10/22 for her birthday a couple weeks ago. She had a blast! It was definitely a good enough reason for me to buy a membership, now we shoot for free without a time limit.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Smoking a very old Monte #2 in honor of Mr. Yarchin, who has more important things on his mind right now.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
Schedule has been crazy. Haven't had a cigar in a while.

Just sat down and lit up an Acid Kuba Kuba.

... not a fan. Don't like this stick at all. Frown

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post