SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
I had my first order of cigars come in from CI late last week so I'm currently having my first cigar in a few years. A Gurkha Park Avenue. Enjoying it with a glass of Polish Raspberry Mead in the cool air. I can see why you guys like doing this, nice way to wind down the day.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ronin, I have not had the egg. They are available in natural and maduro but heard nothing about them.

Chach, it is great "me" time when alone and a way to start a conversation when with others.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Been needing this one!

Posts: 13779 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
I've never had an egg before, but I've also heard good things about them.. I'm not sure how they compare in cost to a the Liga.

Enjoy your gar Chach. I find I enjoy a cigar much more with good company. I'm sure you'll find the same thing. What else did you get from CI?

Lee, looks like a great spot to enjoy your MOW. I just got a hand full of different MOW about a month ago, but I've not found a chance to light one up.. I can't believe how many more blend of MOW have been released over the last year or so...

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I've only ever seen one Egg and I honestly thought it was just a marketing gimmick. So far my favorite Man o War is still the Virtue. I need to try the Ruination, Dark Horse and the Side Projects.

Posts: 13779 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Lee, I just got a sampler of the side projects to try, and my brother picked up a dark horse and immortal for me to smoke with him sometime. I have a feeling that when we get cracking on them, we'll get through them all pretty fast!

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Forgot the Immortal! I figure at the very least they'll be enjoyable. AJ Fernandez makes good stuff did you see he released a Connecticut wrapper version of the New World?

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
I didn't see the con new world.. I too like almost everything I've had from AJ.

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Because Mustang!
Picture of camshaft86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Forgot the Immortal! I figure at the very least they'll be enjoyable. AJ Fernandez makes good stuff did you see he released a Connecticut wrapper version of the New World?

The MOW Armada's are excellent as well. They deserve being the top tier of the MOW lineup.

------------------------------
Sig P228
Sig 1911 Ultra

Posts: 392 | Location: SE TX | Registered: October 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Side Projects are OK, but I like the Ruination bellicoso more. I have not tried the Immortal yet.

I am, however, sitting outside having a Partagas Benji BMP-74. I had one before and was not impressed with it, but since my sinuses are messed up anyhow... I am getting a hint of sweet and a bit of grass out of it. Still not impressive and luckily is the last of them.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Any of you guys have experience with HVC La Rosa 520? Trying to decide if I should get just a couple sticks or a full box.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12372 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Got a Lickinghole Creek Supreme Leader spiced barrel aged imperial stout and a CAO America on the porch right now. Freakin. Perfect.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
This seems like a good place to come for advice without starting my own thread.

I've got a new neighbor at our lake cabin who is apparently a big cigar smoker. I mean both frequency and size. While I was there last week he was working from about 7-6 each day, cutting and hanging tongue and groove, all with a cigar in his mouth. Drinking a beer after - same. Driving his Bobcat - same. Occasionally lit........

I'd like a recommendation for a good choice to pick up as a greeting gift, without knowing the type he's smoking. Reason for background is he's apparently serious about it and no spring chicken trying it out at age 65. He seems to have a fair bit of money based on where they used to live and the motorhome out back of their new construction, but at the same time he drinks Miller Lite (bleh!).

Any suggestions that won't be crazy expensive and are a good middle of road choice? Something I can get in DFW, not having to travel overseas...

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12500 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
So many choices! Something middle of the road, not too peppery, maybe a 10$ smoke. Perdomo champagne in the Churchill size.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Georgeair I'd recommend a habano wrapped smoke. Gordo size (6" x 60) would work. You can get Gurkha or Rocky Patel overruns on cigarsprintsale.com for about $35-40 for 20. If you want higher quality we can definitely offer some sub $50/10 options.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you want higher quality we can definitely offer some sub $50/10 options.

Let's go with that. Only will be doing it once. I've got a couple weeks before I need them, so shipping from somewhere shouldn't be an issue.

If it matters, he's smoking blunt-ended rather than "pointy" ones. Not sure if that's a thing that matters to smokers, just something I noticed.

I was originally thinking a few singles but if I can get a box of something decent for $50 I'll go with that. If he hates them, same difference and he can give them to his work crew when I'm not looking!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12500 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ronin, I have not had any of those or heard anything about them. You may be our guinea pig for them.

Georgeair, Without knowing what he has it is a little difficult to pin one cigar. However, Oliva has some decent cigars as does Fuente. These http://www.cigarsinternational...39/man-o-war-virtue/ are good medium bodied cigars that have some great flavors. As you can see, a 5 pack is in your ball-park price range.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
You can get man o war variants 10 for under $40. Not a weak cigar to be had in that lineup. You can usually get toros which are 6" x 50-54.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
I'd also throw out the CAO Flathead Carb (gordo size) for consideration.. The other thing you could do would be a couple of 5 packs.. Much higher chance of finding something he likes with several choices..

CAO Flathead

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I think a CI sampler pack will fit the bill.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post