SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Jeff, hell yeah! I have a warped sense of humor and am not offended easily.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lightning bugs have emerged this evening. Firefly for those who call them that.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Do you remember anything about the band on the cigar? Was it good?

It was a Connecticut (blue colored band). I'm kicking myself because I usually snap a photo. I guess a few too many beers will do that once in a while...But Yes, it was a good smoke from one of the recommendations in the previous 1700 posts.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Hey guys,

Thought this was kinda nifty. Was researching some sticks in my humidor this afternoon and came across this review on Half wheel. The really cool part is that the cigar store they reference in the review is the local B&M that I frequent. They talk a bit about Tatuaje Cigars and the B&M owner's relationship with Pete Johnson.

http://halfwheel.com/tatuaje-b...ro-prerelease-review

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Nice thread title! Maybe we can get a sticky soon..

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Had an AF hemmingway this weekend. Did me right. Wanted to have a diamond crown with a bloody mary sunday but got up too late. Nice smooth morning smoke that diamond crown.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Speaking of morning smokes, lets list our favorite morning smoke and drink pairing.

So far mine is a Por Larranaga cabinet seleccion and coffee With cream and sugar. Theres a really sweet taste in the last half of that smoke with some earthy spice that pairs well.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Pete I'm in your neck of the country, Skippack PA, having a Tesa 312 cabinet. Tesa is a boutique mfg they have their own factory in Esteli and were a founding partner in Drew Estates but we're bought out. Their cigars are pretty good.

http://drewestate.com/tesa-cigars/

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Half Ashed Cigar Thread

Love the new title. But maybe even a step further? The Half Ashed Cigar

Slowly working through a small pouch of Bugler. The pipe has sat untouched on the mantle for months.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Tweaked the title. Big Grin

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Speaking of morning smokes, lets list our favorite morning smoke and drink pairing.

So far mine is a Por Larranaga cabinet seleccion and coffee With cream and sugar. Theres a really sweet taste in the last half of that smoke with some earthy spice that pairs well.

I have a Por Laranaga Petite Corona with home roasted black coffee almost every morning.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I had a bolivar petite Corona the other day that tasted like cedar and manure. It was pretty bad. I know it's referred to as barnyard but it was just not good. The "barnyard" was strong to start with and got worse. I've had these and not been overwhelmed by that flavor before.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
Tweaked the title. Big Grin

Well . . . better . . . but I still stick to my beliefs in the Economy of Words. Besides, it sounds really hip. Like the name of a shop. Or mystery book.

In our family, there was no clear line between religion and fly fishing. We lived at the junction of great trout rivers in western Montana, and our father was a Presbyterian minister and a fly fisherman who tied his own flies and taught others.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Woodman any suggestions?

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'll name my shop that when I open one up. Wink

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
I like the current title. But always thought the Cigar Dave Show Greeting would make for a nice cigar store name: Long Ashes.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I like the addition of "lounge" it denotes the community and camaraderie that exists in this thread.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a Por Laranaga Petite Corona with home roasted black coffee almost every morning.

Of the ones you sent me Jeff, that one was excellent, well one of them was the other was too tight but still opened up at the end. The USA version of the cabinet seleccion has that same kind of twang towards the end of the smoke.

Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
I like the addition of "lounge" it denotes the community and camaraderie that exists in this thread.

Well, I was going to suggest dropping the word "lounge". Make it The Half Ashed Cigar

But one cannot argue against camaraderie and hail-fellow-well-met!

Perhaps in June I will sponsor my preferred name, and pay the fee: A $20 donation to HawkTalk.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Love the new title! I usually love a habano or Connecticut nub in the morning. Down to one so I need to order more.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post