SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by md-lucky:
All these beach cigars... Where are all the mountain people at?

Okay... These next two pictures were more difficult to take than it was to smoke. Almost. Little windy. Great idea, poor execution.

Great photos! My wanderlust is in high gear right now, and these your pics didn't help... If I can ask where were they taken?

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goatboyz
Great photos! My wanderlust is in high gear right now, and these your pics didn't help... If I can ask where were they taken?

Sure! The first picture is about half way to the summit at Snow Bowl ski area in Missoula Montana. The rest are on the chairlift back down.

They open up the lift for downhill mountain biking, hiking, and disc golf (folf).

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
On the back porch.

Posts: 12922 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful view. I miss hills :-)

It's too dark to take a pic, but I am enjoying a Drew Estate Papas Fritas and a Smooth Ambler Old Scout bourbon tonight on the deck. The temp finally dropped enough to go outside.

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Tatuaje La Riqueza Double Corona this is a lot of cigar for $11. Really tasty stick I don't often post flavor profiles but this is a creamy stick with cooking spice (nutmeg, all spice) with subtle pepper on the retrohale. Absolutely great stick. At 7 5/8" x 49 it smoldering like a 2x4.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Guys,

I was very fortunate to smoke a unique cigar tonight. One of the managers at the B&M that I go to spent a week at the Davidoff plantation last year. At the end, he was able to discuss his favorite profiles and they rolled him a 10 count box of those cigars. He shared one with me tonight.

It started off very much like an Escuro, Ecuadorian wrapper and a spicy citrus taste. The retrohale was very spicy, I found I had to be a bit more careful - great draw, and never got "hot", even toward the end. All told, a near 2 hour smoke. It has been a very long time since I have enjoyed a stick this much.

Here it is at about 15 minutes...

At about 45 minutes...still has not dropped it's ash

And at nearly the 2 hour mark.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I am enjoying a perdomo champagne noir while I put together my new chargriller akorn.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
It's ready for fajitas tomorrow and my cigar is still going.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
I'm having an Oliva V Melanio Robusto. Never really smoked Olivas, but this one is very good.

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been a while since I posted here. Some good sticks being ashed!

Oliva makes a damn fine cigar!

I am enjoying a Blend Lab KK...again. These things rock. I also picked up some 2nd's at CI last night, Nicaraguan Ligeros. They are torpedo tipped Nubs, without the band on them. Very good cigar and $30 for a bundle of 15 cigars.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
petr, I was looking at the Gordo versio of those a while ago on cigarbid. I may have to try some.

I'm really enjoying this Melanio. I'll smoke it to a nub.

posted Hide Post
I was told that some of them are Cain, which are a part of Oliva. The benefit I have is a very knowledgeable staff member and being able to take the bundle to the Oliva section and comparing them to each other. The staff member went through two bundles already and is ready to buy his 3rd!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Been on vacation with the family for a week so no cigars. At home on the porch with a Nub Dub watching the storm blow through. Oliva does indeed make some quality stuff. My favorite is the Serie V.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
I subscribed r/cigars (Reddit.com cigar sub forum) a while ago. They have a system where you have to do a verification trade before you can trade or buy/sell cigars with other members.

I signed up for my verification trade and got paired with a guy from San Diego. I set my side of the trade off (8 cigars, mostly Maduros and a lot of Drew Estates). I received his half of the trade today, and wow. He sent me several Cubans

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Does that La Palina have a pig tail on the cap? If so that looks like a 2015 Goldie. That is a great cigar. Every cigar is rolled by Maria Sierra in the el Titan de Bronze factory in Miami. You can web search the info on the Goldie and the reviews.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Yep, it does. That was one I was not familiar with. Googling now :-)

All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kenpoist:
I subscribed r/cigars (Reddit.com cigar sub forum) a while ago. They have a system where you have to do a verification trade before you can trade or buy/sell cigars with other members.

Heh heh heh. The username of the guy you got paired with. Those are they type that show up as "a Reddit user" when Reddit makes the news.

That is completely awesome. I lurk over there but have never considered doing the verification. I would have to create a cigar specific user name I'm afraid with the way I like to argue about everything else. Wink

Congrats on a great trade!

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
He told me not to worry about the name - I got a kick out of it :-) Seems like a pretty good bunch of people.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kenpoist:

I signed up for my verification trade and got paired with a guy from San Diego. I set my side of the trade off (8 cigars, mostly Maduros and a lot of Drew Estates). I received his half of the trade today, and wow. He sent me several Cubans

snip

That third from the right is a Ramon Allones - Allones Superiores, one of my favorites. It's an awesome cigar and a great value for a LCDH 'Limited Edition' at about $10 a stick.

The Bolivar is a Royal Robusto, which has become a bit hard to find lately for some reason.

Enjoy!

Posts: 12922 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Yep, lots of good stuff there, Habanos and non. I don't know much about Cubans - I'm going to have to look into getting a box or two.