SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
I used to smoke them in the 90s too. I'm slowly rediscovering what I like, since I quit smoking more than one per month about 15 years ago. There's so much choice out there now.

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Man o war ruination. Ribeyes and chicken breasts on the smoker, glass full of October fest. Cheers

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Roma Craft Cromagnon cranium, after a very nice dinner of crab legs, lobsters tails, sides, and Oktoberfest also.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
You gentlemen are doing it up RIGHT I must say!

Well done.

I just got back from a week-long trip, the wife is working tonight so on the food front I am falling short. Looks like some hatch chili mac and cheese for me.

But I just fired up a Padron box-pressed anniversary series. Life is getting better.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Happy Labor Day everyone!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Oooh! I need to try more of the Illusiones. I've has the 88 maduro, and I love the Rothchildes.

Which 888 is that?

I'm smoking a Camacho Corojo right now

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Jericho Hill tonight. These things are tasty

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Diesel Rage torpedo. I ordered a box of these. A bit more aging would help, but a little Jefferson's Reserve and a nice evening. Just right. Crab legs on the grill

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
When y'all refer to "aging" your cigars in the humidor, for how long do you consider something "aged"? 3 months? 6 months? Years?? Longer?

I've had some Gloriosos in the humidor since November (5 sample pack ) and January (box of 25) and they seem to be more mellow than when they were fresh off the UPS truck from JR Cigar. Could be that it's getting just a smidge cooler in the evenings as well...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
When y'all refer to "aging" your cigars in the humidor, for how long do you consider something "aged"? 3 months? 6 months? Years?? Longer?

I've had some Gloriosos in the humidor since November (5 sample pack ) and January (box of 25) and they seem to be more mellow than when they were fresh off the UPS truck from JR Cigar. Could be that it's getting just a smidge cooler in the evenings as well...
I think it's all subjective. When I described the Diesels as immature, it was just the sense that I had a good cigar that would benefit from a bit more time to bring more complexity to the cigar's flavor--much like the aging of bourbon. Truth is, I have just a 50 cigar humidor, and the potential benefits of aging beyond a year are just theoretical to me. I think the months of aging your cigars are at, erj, should be enough to benefit them.

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All cigars age differently and the amount of "age" could be a few months to years. Most times when I say that a cigar needs age, I am referring to at least a few months. The thing is, no one knows how long a cigar needs unless you smoke them along the way or you get one and leave it sit, smoke it, buy another one, leave it sit longer and smoke that one. It is easier to age when you buy a box of the same cigar.

Most times if a cigar is too harsh or really strong on nicotine and low on flavor, I will leave them sit for a couple months and try another one and repeat the process. By aging, the cigar will get more mellow, smoother smoking, and release more flavors.

If you discipline yourself, you can age a few singles for a very long time. It is difficult, but can be done.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Diesel Wicked tonight. Feeling a little fucked up by this one. Pretty potent or not enough in the gut. I may have to eat some ice cream when I'm finished with it.

posted Hide Post
A nice big bowl of cherry vanilla ice cream did the trick. Feeling better now.

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I got a really cool package today, it contained 2 cool cigar punches and a few smokes I've been dying to try. Thanks!

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Diesel Wicked tonight. Feeling a little fucked up by this one. Pretty potent or not enough in the gut. I may have to eat some ice cream when I'm finished with it.
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
A nice big bowl of cherry vanilla ice cream did the trick. Feeling better now.

Now THAT is damned funny right there!!! LMAO!!! Big Grin

And thanks to those commenting on the "aging" issue. Note to self.....new cigars go UNDERNEATH the ones that are already in the humidor. ROTATE YOUR STOCK! Cool

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Sugar is the antidote to nicotine overdose. I personally use Mt Dew or a coke but ice cream will work.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
And yet more knowledge shared. Thanks fellas.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Sugar is the antidote to nicotine overdose. I personally use Mt Dew or a coke but ice cream will work.

I didn't know this either. I was just wanting to put some food in me to help out. Thanks for sharing the information.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Add me to the list of not knowing that one. Filing away for future reference - nothing worse than waking up at 3am with that sore stomach from a strong cigar I smoked to quickly.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post