SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
quote:
Great day! Went fly fishing for about 4 hours. Cuts were taking drys in the small stream I was fishing--had a really good time. Got home and went outside to throw the ball for our GSD and lit up a Montecristo Media Noche along with a Snake River Lager. First time with this cigar--a very smooth medium-full. If you like full flavored cigars and tend to dismiss Montecristos as too mild--give this one a try; I think you'll like it.

The media noche have always caught my eye byt never enough to try one. My b&m doesn't carry them though, maybe ill catch a CI special one day. Thanks for the input.

That's how I came to try them, Jay. Regular price on 5 Media Noches is $50. They ran a screamin' deal on 5 each Media Noches and Partagas Blacks for $40. Here it is, but I see it's back ordered right now.

Link

Whew partagas black. Back when i was smoking series r no 6 i tried a partagas and it gut punched the hell outa me. That is one full bodied cigar. Tread with caution!

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8239 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Great day! Went fly fishing for about 4 hours. Cuts were taking drys in the small stream I was fishing--had a really good time. Got home and went outside to throw the ball for our GSD and lit up a Montecristo Media Noche along with a Snake River Lager. First time with this cigar--a very smooth medium-full. If you like full flavored cigars and tend to dismiss Montecristos as too mild--give this one a try; I think you'll like it.

The Media Noche is a good medium cigar (might be medium-full), but a good cigar.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
quote:

The media noche have always caught my eye byt never enough to try one. My b&m doesn't carry them though, maybe ill catch a CI special one day. Thanks for the input.

That's how I came to try them, Jay. Regular price on 5 Media Noches is $50. They ran a screamin' deal on 5 each Media Noches and Partagas Blacks for $40. Here it is, but I see it's back ordered right now.

Link

Whew partagas black. Back when i was smoking series r no 6 i tried a partagas and it gut punched the hell outa me. That is one full bodied cigar. Tread with caution!

I love me some full bodied smokes, If it makes me nauseous towards the end then it was good smoke. As long as the flavor was good. Not like Punch cigars nauseous, there is just something wrong with those.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Will we ever see partagas 160s again? Might be the best non cuban ive had.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
There are still some out there, at 28$ a pop.

https://www.jrcigars.com/brand...160-signature-series

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Just picked up AF casa cuba. They didnt have any of the tautaje havanas.

Yikes on the 160s!

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I haven't read all 108 pages of this thread because I am more an occasional cigar smoker than an aficionado. But today I went into my favorite cigar shop, and learned that they had some A.Fuente Reserva Xtra Vieja. The shop owner literally pulled the boxes down off a shelf where they were hidden, and said that they were so hard to get that they would only be available to "special" customers. (That would be the other guy in there with me I presume, as he is the one who asked about them. I just lucked in on the deal, I guess.)

But, what's the story with this cigar? Is it really so special? (Should I go back and try to score a few more while they are available?)

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11210 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Smoke one first and see if its worth the price to you. Alot of those xtra special rare smokes arent as good as the price makes them seem. Some of them are, but the consensus here has been that most are over priced. My b&M has some of those in the case up front in the store, and wont sell them online I have yet to try one as most the AF's arent worth the price to me, and they have been in that case up front for over a year now and I think maybe 1 or 2 has sold in that time.

Hell pick up some of these if you want something not too overpriced and damn good.

http://www.atlanticcigar.com/All-Cigars/L'Atelier-Limited-Editions-Cote-d'Or-Churchill.asp

Link isnt working right but if you copy and paste the whole thing it will get you there.

posted Hide Post
The Shark, 77, is the best Viaje that Fuente has, in my opinion. There really isn't anything special that justifies the price though. Same goes for the Destino Siglo too. At $18 each, I can find better cigars cheaper. If you paid more than that each, I'm sorry.

As of now I am smoking a My Father #3 that has a tight draw with cocoa and some mild pepper in it as well as some doughy notes. I stopped by CI this afternoon for a travel humidity pack, those sticks are coming shortly!, and they had some Viaje on hold for me. The new C4 being one of them. I will be giving them a shot this week...sometime!

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, everyone get prepared for a Karma from me of the Montecristo punch cutter that was discussed earlier in this thread. I'm not sure how it's going to go yet, but be prepared!

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Shark, 77, is the best Viaje that Fuente has, in my opinion. There really isn't anything special that justifies the price though. Same goes for the Destino Siglo too. At $18 each, I can find better cigars cheaper. If you paid more than that each, I'm sorry.

Agreed - even my B&M in MN, which is often way overpriced, were selling them to me around $13 to $14.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12404 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Never had the vieja but online the hemmingways are 5-7$ a stick. Id say its a better option and still my go to.

At least until i find the tautajes. Then we'll see. When i first started someone gave me a cohiba siglo 4. Was very awesome. So then i was smoking cohiba red dot at 14-15 a pop. Definately not worth it but i was far from even an amatuer then.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Ok tautajes are en route. Vercuso and hermoso. Also got 10 short stories cause, u know. Smile

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Tried an Ave Maria Reconquista a couple days ago. Daaaaamn, full flavor but smooth, perfect draw and burn.

Posts: 13830 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Goat, I was FINALLY able to get to the post office today. Your package is inbound and expected to arrive Friday, tracking # 9505511107865182585426. I truly am sorry it took so long to get these out to you. I hope you enjoy them, as they are a few of my favorite sticks.

posted Hide Post
Taking the evening off today. I found this Opus X Perfecxion 4 in the bottom of my humidor. No time like the present to fire it up.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Very nice petr

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Davidoff fans here? This is a stick that I do not know much about, but my local B&M sent out a note that they have been designated as an appointed Davidoff Merchant and would be receiving sticks today.

Any recommendations?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12404 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Got to try an HVC Edicion Especial 2015 yesterday, guys this stick was so good I went back and bought another - the best description I can give it would be smoking a pack of Big Red chewing gum - just a really cool cinamon flavor to the smoke during retrohale.

Forgot to get a pic of the stick, but here is the label - too new to find a snapshot online yet.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
The Davidoff Nicaraguan is excellent but expensive. I don't think it is a good value due to the fact you can get other Nica cigars with similar quality and flavors for 33% less.

The Davidoff Dominican were the top non cubans in the 90s. They are medium bodied at best I have only had a few of these but they Also make AVO in Dom Rep. If they carry Davidoff they will carry AVO. I still like an AVO once in a while and their prices are much more reasonable.

If you are looking to recommend a cigar to a novice, Davidoff and AVO are excellent recommendations.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post