SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
This robusto was a smoke bomb. Tremendous taste and flavors of cream, earth and black pepper.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
The Umbagog appear to be sold out everywhere. Steve saka, wasnt he a part of Drew estate? The papas fritas were made as his personal blend if I remember right. That would explain the petite corona size of the Mi querida, so thats 2 more smokes i have to try now.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
The Umbagog appear to be sold out everywhere. Steve saka, wasnt he a part of Drew estate? The papas fritas were made as his personal blend if I remember right. That would explain the petite corona size of the Mi querida, so thats 2 more smokes i have to try now.

Steve Saka was the President of Drew Estate, and pretty much gets most of the credit for the entire Liga Privada blend. He retired but signed a 2 or 3 year non-compete.

After that period, he started the Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust company and his first cigar was Sobremesa. I'm a BIG fan of that cigar.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I started researching after your post and they sound like winners. I also have to try the Sobremesa at some point. The umbagog sound interesting especially for the price. Mi querida is now top of my list however.

Tonight is another TAA, just found out that serious cigars will no longer be a TAA member, since ron soldbthe company to montecristo/altadis and has retired. I made a friend who is a part timer at the store and he offered to loan me his 25% discount on boxes so I am going to buy as many TAA as I can until they are sold out. Especially the CH Angels anvil. Somehow 2 boxes doesnt feel like I have enough of them. This La palina might be box worthy as well, so far its pretty damn good.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Perdomo Habano Bourbon Barrel Aged. 6x54, Nicaraguan with Connecticut wrapper.

I like mild cigars, and these are very nice. I usually keep some Perdomo Lot 23 Toros around, but got some of these as a treat.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12779 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Been meaning to try those since they started aging them in bourbon barrels, how was it?

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I am not a particularly sophisticated cigar smoker. I like them, and smoked the odd cigar on and off for 30 years or so.

My neighbor got into the habit of having a cigar on his porch during the late football game on Sunday, and inviting me over to join him. I figured I should bring my own sticks. Over the years I have enjoyed Flor Fina, Macanudo, Dominican Cohiba, and some others that escape me.

I described my taste profile to the local cigar shop, and they did up a package of about 4 cigars for me to try. Of those, I liked the Perdomo Lot 23 the best. After enjoying the Lot 23 Connecticut (the Nicaraguan wrapper is too strong for my taste), I tried these. They are definitely a step up from the Lot 23 level. Smoother, better draw, slightly woody, nutty flavor. Warm and full but not harsh. I don't taste any burbon in them, but they certainly are mellow, and the aroma is pleasant.

They run around $9.00 here bought individually or $160ish/box.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12779 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
That is a pretty damn good mini review Artie. I got a couple in a sampler bag, not sure what wrapper I'll have to look but i will probably smoke one this weekend.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
What I remember from the old Habana line was Harsh Connecticut, sun grown more harsh, and way too much pepper and harsh maduro.

Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
A little birthday gift i bought for myself

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ken, great choice. I got my Jaime Garcia box last week but have not even taken the wrapper off the box yet. Jay has a picture above of how good they look in the box.

This evening's smoke...tasty little sucker

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday Ken.

My favorite TAA.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
One of my absolute favorites tonight.

(And a stick that has been saved by the Perfect Draw tool)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
One of my absolute favorites tonight.

(And a stick that has been saved by the Perfect Draw tool)

John,

What is the ring size on that serie E? Looks big but maybe it's the angle. One of my favorites, too.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
John,

What is the ring size on that serie E? Looks big but maybe it's the angle. One of my favorites, too.

54. Bigger than I normally like, but this is the second four pack I've purchased because the cigars tasted so good.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
John,

54. Bigger than I normally like, but this is the second four pack I've purchased because the cigars tasted so good.

Would you shoot me an email with where you picked them up from?

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Picked up a bundle of the umbagog, should arrive monday.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Picked up a bundle of the umbagog, should arrive monday.

Big Grin Big Grin

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I will get one headed to you Gerry, You might have to send me your address again.

Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Let me know how those umbagogs are - I've loved everything Saka has released

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post