SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
So those non dominican, nicuaraguan, uh cigars. Where to get those?

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8239 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
That's not really something that should get posted here. Email in profile. Others will likely offer there sources as well.

It will only be a matter of time before we can legally import them.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4797 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
-- yep --

Boss Man would not be amused with posting 'those' links on the forum. Send me a note...

quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
That's not really something that should get posted here. Email in profile. Others will likely offer there sources as well.

It will only be a matter of time before we can legally import them.

ETA -

I did end up buying the Promethius, I have another Promethius, and whether it is cold, hot, humid, or dry, it is like a 68% vault. Fortunately I was able to talk them down a bit in price, but there were only 50 of these exact humidors made, and only 10 in the color I got. Mine is #5 of 10. Similar to the sticks I buy, part of the enjoying is discussing the history and rareness of the ones that mean the most to me.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:

If you had an email in your profile you'd know by now LOL

I have a couple of sources for cubans, one I've used for many years without legal issue or federal incarceration LOL

Buddy in Customs says it's just not priority, they are looking for things that go boom or are illicit drugs and cash, a guy with a box of cubans isn't going to get hassled unless you are an ass about it.

Bring enough or ship enough to stock a store, yeah it's a problem, a box or a few sticks, meh.

I'd be happy to share the link.

At this point with zippy lifting the embargo I'm not sure cubans are even illegal anymore.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HRK,

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
...sigh....

Until this thread, I was a five dollar stick kind of guy, A major splurge would be a Liga Privada #9 - my tastes have certainly changed -

I was fortunate to have access to 3 Padron 50th Anniversary cigars. These are the sticks out of the individually numbered white humidors, and not the same as the 50th anniversary cigars they are selling as part of the family reserve collection.

I am hesitant to disclose the exact amount I paid, but I will say it was less than the MSRP listed on half wheel.

http://halfwheel.com/padron-50...mited-edition-maduro

I've smoked one, saved the other two - I did not expect it to live up to the hype, fortunately it did. Perfect construction, no corrections, and lasted me almost 3 hours.

+1000 Its defiantly done that to me..

I've been out of the thread for a while.. I've had a 102 degree temp for a while, and found out yesterday it's a particularly bad strain of strep. Its really kicked my ass.. I'm looking forward to smoking some this weekend (when I can actually hear, smell, taste, and swallow again).

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Its been way too damn hot lately, I cant even get the motivation to visit the lounge. At least my smokes are getting some age on them.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Leaving for vacation tomorrow - CANNOT wait to get the heck away from work for a while -

My wife asked me if I'm packed, I said almost!

I don't think we are talking about the same thing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Crowned heads event this saturday at the Man Cave lounge for any houston area brothers, starts at 5, free food and drinks. Its in League city.

Nice job packing, now all you need is a small backpack for clothes, and cutters and lighters.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Because Mustang!
Picture of camshaft86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Crowned heads event this saturday at the Man Cave lounge for any houston area brothers, starts at 5, free food and drinks. Its in League city.

Nice job packing, now all you need is a small backpack for clothes, and cutters and lighters.

I'll be there from start to finish helping out the Man Cave crew. The Event kicks off at 11, but the Crowned Heads guys won't be there til later in the afternoon. Looking forward to seeing you there Jay.

Sig P228
Sig 1911 Ultra

Posts: 392 | Location: SE TX | Registered: October 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Cool, idk what time ill show up, maybe late afternoon.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Camshaft or Jay
I need a favor. I am a huge crowned Heads fan. The two brands I smoke the most are crowned Heads and Tatuaje. That said I want you to ask the CH guys about a lancero they posted on their Instagram. I posted it below. Try and get any info you can, where it was rolled, where is the tobacco from, what cigar is it most like from their existing lines. Will it be widely available or is it a store exclusive. I am sure I will get some of these as I am lancero fan but inquiring minds want to know.

Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4797 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Tried a Rocky Patel 1999 over the weekend and I have to tell you, I really enjoyed it. Not too strong and just pleasant all around.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36898 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Tried a Rocky Patel 1999 over the weekend and I have to tell you, I really enjoyed it. Not too strong and just pleasant all around.

Glad you liked it! I really like both Rocky and Nish Patel sticks, though I think I favor Rocky.

You mentioned in the other thread that you do not smoke much, is this due to availability or just preference?

Any favorite sticks you have smoked?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Steve, when you have a chance email me your address. I feel an incoming cigar bomb coming on. Big Grin

Posts: 12950 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:

Glad you liked it! I really like both Rocky and Nish Patel sticks, though I think I favor Rocky.

You mentioned in the other thread that you do not smoke much, is this due to availability or just preference?

Any favorite sticks you have smoked?

Don't smoke much due to the wife, she hates it. I know, I know, time to put on my big boy pants. Smile.

I am a simple person, and I found years ago that I liked the Macanudo Cafe Crystal. The local shop always has them and I know I like them. I asked for a recommendation at the store, of something similar and the clerk recommended the Rocky Patel 1999.

My son just turned 18 and I have enjoyed a few cigars with him, while on vacation. My Son has taken a liking to cigars and even took his humidor with him to school.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36898 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't smoke much due to the wife, she hates it. I know, I know, time to put on my big boy pants. .

That's one option - the other takes longer but is easier. I found a stick that my wife LOVES! Now I keep a few in the humidor and when she's home, and I'm on the deck, she will occasionally have one with me.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I will ask, if I remember Gator, I will probably browse this thread while I'm there so chances are good.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:

If you had an email in your profile you'd know by now LOL

I have a couple of sources for cubans, one I've used for many years without legal issue or federal incarceration LOL

Buddy in Customs says it's just not priority, they are looking for things that go boom or are illicit drugs and cash, a guy with a box of cubans isn't going to get hassled unless you are an ass about it.

Bring enough or ship enough to stock a store, yeah it's a problem, a box or a few sticks, meh.

I'd be happy to share the link.

At this point with zippy lifting the embargo I'm not sure cubans are even illegal anymore.

I fear with the embargo gone prices go through the roof and fakes increase.

Email sent

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
My source sells the real stuff,
been buying from him for at least 10
years as have several friends.

Thing is many cubans are very good
Monte's #4, #2 I like the 4, Bolivars
but we have really good cigars available to us legally from many other places already easily obtained over the counter or innerwebs.

If you want, send me an email I will
get you the link.

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Agree. Im a siglo iv whore. But love a #2 or partagas d