SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Jay, this years Zombie Antidote was fan-freaking-tastic! I did not have the other Zombies though. This years C-4 is quite good too.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This Diesel reminds me of the CLE Cuarrenta, only not as creamy. Flavor wise though it is damn good. I'm about half way through it.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Finally got a nice break from unpacking where I wasn't dog tired and thought I'd celebrate and listen to the cicada song.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10522 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordered a box of h upmann 2s and enjoying a padron 1964 maduro monarcho. Brilliant cigar. Sweet, creamy, coffee and just a hint of caramel with a nice pepper zing.

I'm a deplorable.

Posts: 671 | Location: Fargo ND | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Nice Padron Yellow Jacket -

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a stressful day. First of all, the heat, then trying to sell the house, try to kick back and smoke a Man O War Ruination. Only to have my mother-in-law call my wife about having the king of "engineering", step father-in-law, come over to "fix" things around here. Working 6 days a week and doing everything around here is wearing me down. I do get about an hour a night though to relax with a cigar, but that looks to be going away. It's getting dark earlier and the grass is still growing, projects still need to be done. It sucks wanting a cigar to take the edge off and be alone for a bit, but that is what I am doing now. A Diesel Unholy Cocktail Torpedo watching some lightning off in the distance. All I want is for the new place to work more for me than me working for the house!

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Just fired up a maduro Black Ops. Surprisingly good. It's no top shelf premium but for the price it's a good smoke.

Posts: 13779 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My project for the day was a bust. Whoever built this deck originally should not have access to any tools! Today's project was to replace the stair treads and risers to match the rest of the decking. The very first step I took off, half of the stringer on one side came with it! It just fell off!!! I look at the one below and a chunk is missing from the "point" of each side to hold the tread. So now I need to rebuild the whole stairway with new stringers so that it is done safely and the right way. Ugh, as though I don't have enough to do. Of course this was after I drug all my tools out and now had to temporarily fix it and put everything back away. Tonight was a glass of Jim Beam black on the rocks and having a Diesel Hair of the Dog, not a good pairing by the way as it didn't compliment each other at all. Though I usually don't hit the "hard" stuff often at all, it helped a little. If any one has a good pairing to share, please do.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Need an opinion - this humidor just came to the shop, no sticks, just the humidor - I've got a Promethius already, and like it very much, so I am considering this one to store the "super special" and Island South of Miami sticks -

$500 out the door - tell me I'd be crazy not to pick this up...

Not exactly the type of question I'm going to run past the wife for an opinion!

https://www.godoffire.com/main/humidors/gof2009.htm

It is the Lime one...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
75 cigars, it will really only hold 50 and keep decent humidity. So if you really only need to hold 50 cigars there are plenty of other humidors you can get that will cost half that. Unless $$$ is burning a hole in your pocket.

why not just get a winedor and be done with it.

edit to add

http://www.amazon.com/Whynter-...words=humidor+cooler

4 out of 5 stars on 80+ reviews is pretty good.

I would add that with this unit I would use beads, or boveda packs. I would also get a digital hygrometer and research how to install a fan. it will need air circulation.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
That thing is definitely overpriced.

Posts: 13779 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Totally Happy with my Savoy 150ct Bubinga, it holds just over 100, and the humidifier that came with it works great, just add the pg mix every couple weeks.

http://www.seriouscigars.com/S...ication_3820_details

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You would be crazy to pick that up. For $500 you could buy a lot of cigars to keep your humidor stocked for a while. Now if you have a real desire to own it, then by all means do it. However, I do not think there will be any collector value to it and you may lose a lot of money when you try to sell it.

posted Hide Post
Here is a fun question I saw posted on facebook. What was the most expensive cigar that you purchased, how much, and was it worth it?

For me it was the Pepin 10th anniversary cigar, $23, and worth every penny! I have another in my humidor that I plan on smoking on my 40th birthday next year.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
...sigh....

Until this thread, I was a five dollar stick kind of guy, A major splurge would be a Liga Privada #9 - my tastes have certainly changed -

I was fortunate to have access to 3 Padron 50th Anniversary cigars. These are the sticks out of the individually numbered white humidors, and not the same as the 50th anniversary cigars they are selling as part of the family reserve collection.

I am hesitant to disclose the exact amount I paid, but I will say it was less than the MSRP listed on half wheel.

http://halfwheel.com/padron-50...mited-edition-maduro

I've smoked one, saved the other two - I did not expect it to live up to the hype, fortunately it did. Perfect construction, no corrections, and lasted me almost 3 hours.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
But, were they worth it?

posted Hide Post
I guess we are bad influences! Lol!

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
But, were they worth it?

Forgive me for not answering that, yes absolutely worth every penny. For that three hours, and for about the same price, I could have gone to a movie, dinner, and had beverages after, and not had as much enjoyment as I did smoking that stick with a very good friend.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I am having an EP Corrillo cabinet, robusto. Pretty good for a $6.00 cigar. Kind of rough around the edges but overall okay.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
It's hard to put a price on the enjoyment that a cigar experience provides. It's very personal.

I can't believe or relate to how much some spend on old, well stored Cuban cigars.

It's all relative, just like guns and cars.

Lucky for us there is something for everyone.

Ronin, In my opinion you can get an incredible humidor with a $500.00 budget but respectfully it's not that one. Big Grin

Check these out: http://www.danielmarshall.com/sale.html

Posts: 12944 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post