SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
This years holiday party guest at my local store is AJ Fernandez, They always sell the guest's smokes at 25% off with some freebies, so I want to figure out whats good before hand and plan my purchase. Last year I picked up 2 boxes of UF13s and got 20 free smokes, 10 were MUWATs the other 10 were Kuba's, which i sent to Lee.

Suggestions? Must haves? Let me have it.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man O War Ruination or Virtue, Diesel Wicked, LA Herencia Core are a few off of the top of my head

Posts: 3683 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
AJ FERNANDEZ is kind of mid-level on the quality scale for me. The new world is good but only box split category for me unless the sale price was right. I just had the Enclave and I think it is better than the New World but still in the box split category for me.

I also recently had the new world Connecticut. There was something about the wrapper. The cigar overall tasted to young / green and wrapper didn't look like any Connecticut wrapper I'd had before. I would have guessed it to be a shade grown wrapper from central America. Thick with noticeable veins. It was stronger than I expected for a conn wrapped cigar.

In short I like AJ's cigars and smoke them but not sure I would buy a box.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4797 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I did not know Man o wars were his creation, thats one to look out for. They are advertising the San lotano, so IDK if anything else will be there.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Smoking that tatuaje 2014 taa. Good far. Very loose draw

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8239 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mowed some grass this afternoon and am now smoking an Undercrown.

A.J. makes some good sticks that are definitely box worthy. The Diesel Shorty being one of them. 20 sticks for $100 is not bad for such a potent cigar. I got a box of Ruination for just over $80 on sale around Christmas time. I like a more potent stick and both of those deliver, they both have good flavors too. As far as the other la Herencia and the New World, they are not that good to me in order to buy a box.

Posts: 3683 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
LAT la mission. Gents another great cigar from la'tieler. This is on par with the Cote de Oro. And costs half as much. I think this might be one of the best cigars I've had of 2015.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4797 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Enjoying a few New Glaris Spotted Cows and a very nice Tabak Especial Negra.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2222 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A.Fuente Flor Fina 858 in the Natural wrapper. The Sungrown wrapper is even better. But, it is only produced once a year or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MPg2zkzFOA

Posts: 814 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Diesel Unlimited d-7 this afternoon. Yesterday we attended a birthday party and I had an Alec Bradley Vandal, I will be picking more of these up!, and a La Herencia Core, another great stick.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Ray Lewis Cigar From Rocky Patel

Don't think I am very impressed with this one. With all the former ball players to partner with, Rocky chooses an accused murderer - I've read enough about this case to believe that he either did it, or knows a whole lot more than he is admitting, starting with the location of his missing white suit.

http://www.cigaraficionado.com...om-rocky-patel-18320

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Does it come with a knife...

I mean cutter....

Err...

Punch..

Oh never mind

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
Picked up a Camacho Criollo, a Tatuaje Havana and a E.P. Carrillo E-Stunner. Range reports to follow.

Smoked the Camacho and the E-Stunner at a 2 day training conference last weekend. Finishing up the Tat after getting chased off the lawn tractor by an afternoon shower.

The Camacho started out like a sweet infused cigar (mother of God what have I done was my first thought) Sweet quickly went away though, mild, required a mid stick touch up. Nothing great, I might try others in this series but no hurry to do so.

The E-Stunner was fantastic sitting by the campfire. Strong smoke, burned well and POWERFUL. Maybe it was the Mescal that a fiend shared but definatelly had a bit of a buzz going about half way in. this stick is a keeper, will buy more and try some others from their line.

The Tat was a decent smoke. Not very complex in flavors though. Burned great, long ash, slow burning, lasted an hour. Smoked it to a nub. I wasn't imbibing but this stick would go great with bourbon, neat.

Posts: 11292 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Diplomaticos #2. Heavy rain and wind yesterday and most of today. Wind came down to a decent level this evening.

Cinnamon, spice, short bread and nutmeg. Tasted like an unglazed cinnamon roll. Simple, straightforward and pretty nice.

I'm a deplorable.

Posts: 671 | Location: Fargo ND | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Because Mustang!
Picture of camshaft86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Camshaft or Jay
I need a favor. I am a huge crowned Heads fan. The two brands I smoke the most are crowned Heads and Tatuaje. That said I want you to ask the CH guys about a lancero they posted on their Instagram. I posted it below. Try and get any info you can, where it was rolled, where is the tobacco from, what cigar is it most like from their existing lines. Will it be widely available or is it a store exclusive. I am sure I will get some of these as I am lancero fan but inquiring minds want to know.

GA Gator,

I talked to Brian Mcgee and can confirm it will be a Lancero out of one of their existing lines that will be available in stores. He never said whether it would be offered through internet venues though. They'll be in 10 count boxes around the 100$ retail price point. Already reserved my box and can't wait for the release date.

Sig P228
Sig 1911 Ultra

Posts: 392 | Location: SE TX | Registered: October 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Because Mustang!
Picture of camshaft86
posted Hide Post
Here's my raffle take from the Man Cave 2 year anniversary/Crowned Heads event.

Jay, you missed one hell of a party. They had all the food, beer, scotch, wine, and cigars you could handle all day long.

Sig P228
Sig 1911 Ultra

Posts: 392 | Location: SE TX | Registered: October 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Rowland, I tried to send you an email but it bounced. If you can, email me before you smoke that.

Posts: 12950 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I picked up a LFD chisel double ligero friday afternoon. After talking to a few people and reading online, I'm almost scared to smoke it.

I like full bodied (Oliva V, LGC Serie R, Partagas Black) but it sounds like this thing is a different beast altogether.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10594 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
That is a powerful cigar. ^^^^^

Make sure you eat first. Big Grin

Posts: 12950 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post