SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
BEST THREAD EVER!

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6061 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Found a great combo:

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6061 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davetruong:
BEST THREAD EVER!

Took ya long enough to find us, Wink hope you stick around and post often!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12403 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Took him awhile, but he showed up with a great smoke, and a great scotch.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davetruong:
Found a great combo:

Nice choice Dave, and welcome!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought Dave posted in here before, oh, about 30 pages ago or so. If not, welcome Dave and come back often!

I was able to swing by CI tonight for a little bit. I grabbed a couple CLE Cuarrenta, a few CAO Flathead camshafts, and a bundle of Schizo robustos. I also grabbed a Chinese Finger Trap. I'm going to let that rest for a week or two before I smoke it. I will post here when I do light it up!

I grabbed one of the CAO camshafts and am smoking that now on my deck. Oh how I missed these cigars! Wonderful strength and flavors too. One of CAO'S best in my opinion, next being the Brazilia.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
No email yet HRK. Im in no hurry but curious.

Did you send me something ?

Maybe spam caught it?

Posts: 24233 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Sent again. Name in title.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8239 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post

Gift cigar worth what I paid for it. Cuban Stock Cigar Company Chubby. Dominican wrapper, Dominican filler. It looked like a cheap cigar and smoked like one too. Required regular touch ups, not nasty but certainly not enjoyable.

Posts: 11285 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Now that its cooled off a little I can finally get a smoke in. Viaje antidote, just the medicine i need, paired with a kentucky bourbon ale, me new favorite summer brew.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
All my Ex's by EZ. Love the 42x7". Perfect vitola

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GA Gator,

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This evening I am smoking a Fuente Cuban Corona that has been sitting for a little while. Yesterday while visiting family, I had a Tatuaje 10th anniversary and an Ave Maria Ark of the Covenant. I also tried some Bulliet bourbon too. Not bad, but I'm just getting started.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Here is the stick that I got to try - on their website now - not available yet, but I promise to Karma one off when they are.

http://cruxcigars.com/index.cfm/crux-limitada

quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Okay this is really cool ... I am smoking a "top secret" cigar tonight. The guys from the B&M I frequent come out with their own line last year, and they are testing a higher-end version - I was offered a test stick. It is box pressed and smokes very similar to a Padron, (very airy draw) - about a quarter way in and no corrections yet -

Afraid I cannot name it yet, the owner even took the wrapper off before he gave it to me, but I am in for two boxes when they go public and promise to Karma a few off.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12403 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's cool to have pre-release cigars. Sometimes though, they change them when they go into mass production. Oh, and I'm in when the karma comes around. Lucky #1! Lol.

posted Hide Post
Jay, I think CI is out of the Antidote, oh I wish I grabbed more!!

Gator, I have never had an Ezra, what do they compare to that I may have had already? How about a quick review on it?

Brad, I hate getting a bad cigar, but you don't know until you smoke it.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Ezra Zion cigar Co. Makes a top quality great tasting cigars. They are a boutique brand on par with warped, crowned heads, caldwell etc.

The two owners meet and bonded over their love for cigars and each lost a child one named Ezra, the other named Zion. They are both men of faith and I believe they are tied in on a cigar called "blessed leaf" where all proceeds go to faith based charities.

IMHO Ezra Zion cigars are characterized by being medium strength medium plus body with a lot of complexity.

Eminence is a cigar with a mexican Sandres wrapper lots of cocoa with some sweetness. One of the most complex smokes I've had and the retrohale flavors are off the charts.

Honor series (formely Reagan) which is meant to honor The 40th president is med+ to full body. It is a Nica puro which means it has those familiar Nica tobacco flavors with some complex notes added.

Tantrum and tantrum PA
Full bodied flavor bomb. At 4x44 and close to $10 a bit pricey. This is where being a boutique hurts them. What most consumers don't know is that it costs the same to make a 4x44 as it does a 6x54. They don't have the ability to price these at a loss and make up for it on other vitolas. One of my favor non cuban small cigars, but cost is a factor for me on these.

"All my ex's" company is based in Texas hence the tie in with the name. This was a great complex cigar. Good tobacco flavor, pepper on the retrohale flavors like toasted marshmallow, dark molasses, cocoa came and went.

This is one brand I can say I have smoked a lot of and never had a badly rolled cigar. Construction and burn have always been perfect.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Sent again. Name in title.

Spam filter grabbed it and I missed it last time check your email

Posts: 24233 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Thank you kind sir.

My wife is cursing you though, well she will be. Smile

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8239 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Wait till she sees your cc bill lol

Order some monte #4 to start

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Just oredered some of these, Viaje skull and cross bones, Secret recipe. Halfwheel gave a great review. http://www.atlanticcigar.com/s...n-ton-tess-collector's-jar-single.asp

Ill review sometime soon, may let them sit for a couple weeks.