SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Hope it is nothing serious, Brad.

False alarm at the local school. Cleared pretty quick.

Fired the stick back up. Burned well, only needed one touch up. It was an ok stick, not likely one I'd try again though.

Posts: 11251 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's good news. I felt the same with the Perdomo I tried. I don't remember which one I had, but for the money I had better cigars. I do know that Jay loves them though so he may point us to a better one.

Posts: 3672 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Having an Aj Fernandez New World Conn. Good medium bodied cigar would be awesome with a coffee. Construction and burn are perfect. Paid $7.00 pretty good value.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Evening gentlemen,

working thru the J.R. grab-bags I picked up last week - Tonight I am smoking a Fuente Gran Resevea torpedo.

Question -

How many of you follow the "let them sit a week" rule when getting new sticks from online retailer? I got a box of "Monte White" today and I cannot bare the thought of having to wait until Saturday to smoke one!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12372 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I try to let them sit but I'm not always successful.

Posts: 13781 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I try to let anything sit for a week before I try to smoke it. This weekend though, I grabbed a Diesel fresh from CI. However, a whole box...fire one up. You have 9-19 more in most cases in the box.

Posts: 3672 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
That's good news. I felt the same with the Perdomo I tried. I don't remember which one I had, but for the money I had better cigars. I do know that Jay loves them though so he may point us to a better one.

The sun grown is one of my favorites, though sometimes they have an earthy twang to them that I dont like, My favorites are the Champagne, Champagne noir/maduro, the barrel aged 12 year maduro and their flagship smoke the edicion de silvio. They dont age very well at all, Is exactly what Nick perdomo said, and he is right, they are all aged one year prior to boxing so they are better fresh. It would seem they are getting too big and most of their newer sticks are just too mild or one dimensional.

I have been avoiding them lately and trying out all the smokes I got from the cigar festival earlier this year. Maybe I need to go back and try them all again.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Ronin, I too try to let them sit.. Sometimes I'm successful, sometimes I'm not.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Lookie what they are installing at my local B&M!

More pics to follow...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12372 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Humidors, cigars or both?

I'm sitting out enjoying a Diesel Unlimited maduro torpedo. Pretty good cigar. Has a sweet, peppery flavor to it. I'm only a third into it so it is still heating up.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Petr:

Should have been more specific -

The Davidoff display

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
The display at CI has mostly cigars but they have 2 humidors on top for sale, prices are $700 and $1100. Very small humidors too, I think a 50 and 100 count. Very nicely made but damn, I can buy a tower for those prices!

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
The Davidoff display continues to take shape...out of town on a work trip this week - cannot wait until I get back on Friday to see this thing in person!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Have a safe trip and don't work too hard.

Another Diesel for me this evening, the Grind Shorty. So far it is not bad. Woody flavor with a touch of sweet and little pepper. I'm only a half inch in so it may change.

An update to the Unlimited maduro, that was a great stick. Along the lines of a mellower Man O War Ruination with a little more sweetness in it. I have another in the humidor that may not last too long.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I am trying the new Aj Fernandez Enclave. IMHO it's better than the New World. More full bodied which hit the spot tonight.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Pete how far off 476 is cigars international. I'm driving from Philly to other corner of the state.

Edit add drive will be tomorrow.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/retail/locator/

I would say from 476 to Hamburg is about 30 minutes. The other locations are closer to 476 but I have not been to either of those. I also heard that one of the other stores is quite small in size. I will say that if you are not pressed for time and go to the Hamburg store, that you can go north on 61 into Pottsville and tour Yuengling brewery too. That is about another 30 minutes north. You could then take 209 to get 476 again or keep heading north to 81 and 80. It will take some time but can see some of PA'S wonderful Blue Mountains.

If you want a small place to grab a cigar, there are a few shops that are real close to 476 off of the Allentown exit. If you have a smart phone, download the Cigar Aficionados Where to Smoke app. It will give you all the shops no matter where you are located. http://www.cigaraficionado.com...atures/show/id/17658

We are planning on going to a local fair tomorrow evening, otherwise I would love to have a cigar with you!

posted Hide Post
I wasn't impressed with this years New World release. While it was good, I think last years was better.

posted Hide Post
http://www.cigarsinternational...ials/monthly-coupon/

Take this in with you too or ask about it if you do go to CI. It is a great deal!

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
What a perfect evening in Madison, WI. Traveling for work and sitting outside my hotel smoking a Monte White and drinking Knob Creek. All of a sudden a fire works display has begun, a REALLY big display, not sure from where, but I've got a perfect sight line, as I type this the finale is going off...pretty..f'ing...cool.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ