SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post

Damn what a hog leg! I can't even begin to describe all the flavors. It's required several touch ups but beyond that I'm impressed. Leather, wood and mild white pepper are the most prominent but by no means the only flavors present. If you haven't had a Man o War Armada then you really should go get one.

Posts: 13777 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
The Armada is a fantastic smoke. Its not that strong, but the amount of flavors can be overwhelming, in a good way.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Nice Lee! Any Armada is good, I can only imagine how the warhorse size is. Enjoy that view and gar!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having a Man O War Skull Crusher tonight. It is OK, not the best though. The Phalanx I had last week was much better and it had the same amount of age on it as this does. I am enjoying the cooler weather we are having right now though. 79* and a slight breeze.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Crowned Heads 2015 Las Calaveras a rare mid week smoke. Really tasty I wish I had bought more than 6.
Some sweetness, Graham cracker, and cooking spice.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is more than I got out of the one I tried. Though it was good, nothing fantastic to me. Maybe I got a dud though too.

Tonight is a Viaje C-4 for me. I like these but need to remember to roll the cigar so it burns even. I need to make a trip to CI, my humidor is running low, I'm under 100 in there!

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had visitors this evening. On the right a 4 pointer and a doe in the background.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I got a bundle of CI Montecristo knockoffs. Damn if they didn't call that one! I probably couldn't tell the difference in a blind test. Got 20 robusto for $34 delivered.

Posts: 13777 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You got lucky Lee. A buddy bought the La Gloria Cubana knock-offs and they were not that good.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Picked up a box of these today ... looking forward to an evening smoke!

Illusione ECCJ 20th

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Blend Lab KK-4560 this evening. Oh how I'm going to miss these when I run out!

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Ezra Zion honor series Reagan Presidente

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Enjoying a UnderCrown tonight paired with a Ballast Point Calico.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2220 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Okay this is really cool ... I am smoking a "top secret" cigar tonight. The guys from the B&M I frequent come out with their own line last year, and they are testing a higher-end version - I was offered a test stick. It is box pressed and smokes very similar to a Padron, (very airy draw) - about a quarter way in and no corrections yet -

Afraid I cannot name it yet, the owner even took the wrapper off before he gave it to me, but I am in for two boxes when they go public and promise to Karma a few off.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a winner Ronin. I assume they are sourcing the tobacco and having them rolled elsewhere?

CI has Asylum 13 cigars 10 for $32.50 as the daily deal today. This is a blend by Christian Eiroa. I've only had the barber pole version, and thought is was good. I've never had the version thats up today though. It's a 6x60 size, so I know that will turn some off... I'm hoping to smoke a Camacho Barrel Aged today. We're having a family cookout, and my brother mentioned getting some for our next get-together. Stay smoky BOTLs.

Joe's dailly deal

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Goat,

You are correct - for this particular blend of Crux cigars the owner (Joel) found a leaf a few years ago that he were so impressed with that he bought the whole batch in advance. That is what these are being rolled out of - very limited release because the leaf is limited. I was 'in' for one box but sent him a note last night and asked for a 2nd to be added to my order (They won't be here til sometime in September) Rolled out of Esteli, Nicaragua.

quote:
Sounds like a winner Ronin. I assume they are sourcing the tobacco and having them rolled elsewhere?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Cool. Nicaraguan cigars best!

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

posted Hide Post
That is great to be involved with some R&D and be able to be a part of a cigar. One of the reasons why I smoke some of the Blend Lab cigars from CI.

Today I am smoking a Diesel Hair of the Dog torpedo. CI is running a special this month, 10 Diesel torpedo cigars for $30. The cigars include 2 each, Hair of the Dog, Unholy Cocktail, Uncut, Unlimited, and Unlimited Maduro. Though, when I stopped in today, they only had one five pack and thought they had more in the back. The guy came back out and said pick any five Diesels, excluding the Wicked and the Rage. So, I got one of each of the above cigars and picked out a Grind Shorty, Unlimited maduro d-7, Hair of the Dog churchill, Unlimited Flathead, and an Unholy Cocktail Shorty...plus I had a coupon for $5 off of a $25 purchase. A great way to refill the humidor! Plus it helped that I wasn't able to have a cigar yesterday...

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Perdomo 20th Anniversary Sun Grown tonight. Just fired it up and got toned on a fire call. Mad

This is a Robusto and so far smooth draw and even burn. It's very full bodied.

Posts: 11250 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope it is nothing serious, Brad.

I just lit an Undercrown. I got a berry flavor on the prelight, hope it sticks around