SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Gator, congrats on finding a life partner! Just remember that no matter what, always talk things out and don't go on here say. We have been married for 10 and a half years. They were not all perfect but will always be there for each other. Give each other enough space but don't ever distance yourself from one another. Allow her to play bingo, hang with friends and treat her the way you would want to be treated. Congrats!

I've been with the same great woman for 22 years I use bachelor cause the wife and daughter are on a Girl Scout trip son is with grand parents. My wife has no issue with me smoking cigars. I just have no time with family commitments that come with an 8&9 year olds. Baseball, softball swimming, piano and all the other commitments that we put before ourselves as dads. She is truly my best friend I've ever had.

With that said I've enjoyed 3 days alone cigars, beers, pizza, hotdogs, watching baseball games .....

Kids fall baseball softball starts in a few weeks we just finished tournament baseball a few weeks ago and my boy tried out and was selected for the travel team. My fall is going to be busy as they will not be playing at the same ball fields all the time. But that's what he wanted to do.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lol. So my advice is old hat then! Carry on, sir! Oh and keep being the great father to your children...even though some days...To quote the great Beuford T. Justice, "There ain't no way you came from my loins." moments.

Posts: 3672 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
One thing to add.

I haven't had a green vegetable in 4 days!

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lol. So my advice is old hat then! Carry on, sir! Oh and keep being the great father to your children...even though some days...To quote the great Beuford T. Justice, "There ain't no way you came from my loins." moments.

Too funny... Ignore our sage advice then... Smile

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stayed home from work today in order to take Dixie to the vet. It looks like this may just be a follow up appointment and was made in order to get a few questions answered about the medicine and possible side effects from it. I am happy to report that she "used the facilities" this morning and everything looked ok. A little scary when it has been 3 days since she went.

I will be smoking something or multiple today as long as I can find shade so I will post again then.

Posts: 3672 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The vet gave Dixie a check up and said everything appears to be ok, without further diagnostic testing. This is excellent news and hope that things get back to normal. I most likely lost a few pounds through this and finally ate last night and today.

I've always been Crazy!
kept me from goin Insane!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Great deal on Ghurkhas

http://www.cigarsinternational...r-showdown/#p-185287

Gurka Warlord and Ruination are both darn good smokes!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown

Posts: 2182 | Location: Lyndon,KS | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dixie on chipmunk guard and a Tatuaje 10th anniversary this evening. Quite warm and humid out today and is to stay this way for the rest of the week. Damn, I don't know how the southerner and western folks do this!

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Working from home this afternoon... A couple of weeks ago, Robert Caldwell (of Caldwell cigars) had a deal that if you joined CRA and sent him proof he would send you a cigar and little pocket notebook.. Well, sure enough I got a package from him on Monday as promised. Having never had a Caldwell before (and hearing so much hub bub), I just couldn't look at this sitting in my humidor any longer.. So far it's very good. Other than a slight touch up that I had to do about 1/2" in (which was my fault in lighting it), it's been fantastic. Woody, and something else that I can't put my finger on. I believe it's called The Last Tsar.

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For tonight's enjoyment, a Man O War Phalanx. My wife is watching some garbage on the TV, so I wanted a longer cigar.

posted Hide Post
This Phalanx has come around quite nicely! It had 6 months of age on it. I am getting a chocolate and hazel nut flavor out of it. I'm only half way through it so I'll see what the rest of it has in store for me.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Goat I'm a Caldwell fan. Eastern Standard and long Live the king are excellent cigars. One of the few Dominican cigars I smoke.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
A little birdie told me that CI may begin handling Caldwel cigars. Can't wait!

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:

On CIs homepage, under the new releases from IPCPA they showed half a dozen Caldwell cigars coming soon and avail for pre order. I'd like to see some sort of one of each sampler happen. I'd like to try them all...

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I had a Long live the king based on someones review of it here, thats all serious carries though. It was quite good.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goatboyz:
quote:

On CIs homepage, under the new releases from IPCPA they showed half a dozen Caldwell cigars coming soon and avail for pre order. I'd like to see some sort of one of each sampler happen. I'd like to try them all...

Smallbatch cigars is a reputable site which has a sampler that has eastern standard, long live the king, and the king is dead.

Caldwell also has a line of medium priced smokes, I am not much of a fan of those. Murcias were okay nothing special.

Robert Caldwell as part of Impromtu cigars started a line called "Lost and Found" they reported that they had found cigars that were hidden away gems. After the releases they sold off the shelves quickly, and consumers started to realize the lost gems were cigars that had previously been released by a different cigar manufacturer under a different name and in many cases, they could be found or were sold at discount prices. However Impromtu was selling these rebranded smokes at full price. But that is a discussion for a different day.

Im still a fan of the Caldwell Cigars LLTK being my favorite. The eastern Standard Lancero is one of the best Lanceros Ive had.

Here is a link to the sampler.

http://smallbatchcigar.com/cal...ypackof6-p-1877.html

Chi Chi, get the yayo

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Too nice of a day to not enjoy it while puffing on a nice gifted cigar! Working on the Tattoo that Jay gave me. It's my first of this blend and more complex than I expected.. Lots of pepper in the first 1/3 of the cigar. Great construction and draw too!

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

posted Hide Post
Following in Goats' footsteps, a Tatuaje Black label petite lancero for this evening with my trusty side kick Dixie.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I'm a huge fan of the smaller ring Guage. I belive you get more flavor from wrapper and binder than with larger RG.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Inspired by Goat I knew I had one of these in the bottom of the humidor.

Ronin smoke it, seems light from the description but there are lot of good regional smokes. Tesa in Chicago, El Titan Bronze in Miami.

Last night

Chi Chi, get the yayo