SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Jeff, I forgot, my wife reminded me, that our puppy has a sensitive stomach and we needed to feed her EN? food for a bit. We tried a different food once before with her but she kept vomiting it up. The breeder had her on the Purina and we stayed with it. Will any of those foods help with that when we wien her off of the one onto the other?

Dixie was out with me for a little as I'm smoking a Camacho Havana. She was sitting up and sniffing the air. It's hot out, even I in the shade, so she wanted to go back in.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
When changing foods it's best to do it slowly over a couple of weeks if possible. Slowly increase the new food and decrease the old food until you've made the switch.

You can add a probiotic to help make the switch. You can use a powdered probiotic or just add a tablespoon of low fat Greek yogurt to each meal. This should help with the upset stomach.

Make any food switch slowly and you should be fine.

Posts: 12944 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. We will try again.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry Petr. My thoughts and prayers for you and your family/pups. I've found this thread to be a safe place for gar loving folks. Please continue to keep us up to date. Even though I've never met any of you guys, I really care. Hang in there.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all. A positive update! As of now, Dixie is a lot more active. I fed her a little bit about an hour ago and she is like a totally different dog. She was laying on the sofa, compared to the floor, and came trotting out with her ears perked, tail wagging. She was dancing, waiting for the bowl to hit the floor. I am so happy right now! I know we are not out of the woods just yet, as she hasn't...um...passed anything yet, but it is looking to be going great. Thank you to all with your kind words of support and for allowing me to get off topic here. I needed to get it off my mind and appreciate everything.

posted Hide Post
And we just got a howl out of her! That's the first in a day and a half!

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
And we just got a howl out of her! That's the first in a day and a half!

I couldn't be more pleased! Good for you guys!

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is My precious Dixie this evening

With a celebratory cigar, KK4560

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Nice looking hound glad she is up and around.

Headly Grange for me tonight.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I don't smoke every day so I stick with premiums. However a few years ago when I was 5-6 cigars a week I found El Baton to be a good $5 cigar. It's one of the best budget Nicaraguan cigars I found.

Two cigars a week is likely my average.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Funny you bring that up as I was just thinking this morning about how you guys support a $70+ per week cigar habit. I look forward to my Saturday cigar and pretty much limit myself to one a week, maybe 2 if there is a long weekend.

I've bought bundles before but never found any that really stood out. Maybe seconds that cigar.com offers?

Posts: 11250 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Ive had the 2nds and mistakes and they were all a bit plain. Not much spice and very one dimensional. My uzi weighs a ton is a good stick and not to bad if you buy the pack. Some of the perdomo frescoes, specifically the maduros are really good, nice and spicy and at 2$ a smoke i dont mind putting it out if i have to. A bundle of 25 is 50$, serious has a ton of bundled smokes at that price and theres always somebody buying some when im there. I gave 1 to a coworker and he thought it was an 8$ smoke.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
http://www.seriouscigars.com/P..._Cigars_3247_details

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Schizo robusto. $29 for a bundle of 20. They are not 10th anniversary good, but still taste like a much more expensive cigar. Another that I like is the La Gloria Cubana Serie N. At around $5 each, they are more in line with the Tatuaje. I got a screaming deal on the Man O War Ruination that I smoke often, box of 20 for $80. I try to look for the deals and go from there. I have tried an A.J. Fernandez 2nd which was good but have not tried any other manufacturer's 2nd's. I would stay away from the "knock offs" though.

posted Hide Post
I am sitting on the deck this evening smoking a Nub maduro. Dixie was down and out this morning but got real energetic at about 2:30 this afternoon. She even chased a chipmunk and barked at the squirrels this evening. Things are looking WAY up. Thank you to all for the kind words, thoughts and prayers.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am sitting on the deck this evening smoking a Nub maduro. Dixie was down and out this morning but got real energetic at about 2:30 this afternoon. She even chased a chipmunk and barked at the squirrels this evening. Things are looking WAY up. Thank you to all for the kind words, thoughts and prayers.

That news made my day!

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Great news Peter!

My last night as a bachelor as you can see from the background I've been "doing work"

Tonight's smoke is Crowned Heads 2014 TAA.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
^^^ Congratulations!

posted Hide Post
Gator, congrats on finding a life partner! Just remember that no matter what, always talk things out and don't go on here say. We have been married for 10 and a half years. They were not all perfect but will always be there for each other. Give each other enough space but don't ever distance yourself from one another. Allow her to play bingo, hang with friends and treat her the way you would want to be treated. Congrats!

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gator, congrats on finding a life partner! Just remember that no matter what, always talk things out and don't go on here say. We have been married for 10 and a half years. They were not all perfect but will always be there for each other. Give each other enough space but don't ever distance yourself from one another. Allow her to play bingo, hang with friends and treat her the way you would want to be treated. Congrats!

I would echo everything Petr said! Congrats! Remember when times get shitty, who you were and what you meant when you said your vows. Also, remember who she was and what you meant when you committed (after 13 years, it's helped put things in perspective for me when I don't "feel" it)..
I glad to hear Dixie is doing well, Petr!

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.