SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^^^
LOVE that Montecristo lighter!!! From where might one obtain such a fine specimen?? Smile

It really is a great lighter. Quad burn. I was actually gifted this by my local B&M when I spent quite a bit on a recent purchase Wink

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are welcome ejr. I have a Lotus quad flame torch and love it! The Perdomo copper colored one in some of my pictures. Touchup on cigars is an art though with 4 flames!

Posts: 3672 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Touchup on cigars is an art though with 4 flames!

You have piqued my curiosity. Any tips on those touch-ups??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hold the cigar far away from the flame and slowly bring them together. You will see what I mean when your lighter arrives. There is a lot of heat generated and you can burn more than intended.

Posts: 3672 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I have a double-burner torch now, so I'll be twice as careful with the quad-burner... Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Today's score.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Today's score.

Nice! Some dang good sticks in there.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A rare two-smoke day -

1st - EP Carrillo Reserve - MEH, didn't wow me, probably needs some resting time.

2nd - Laranja Caixa - nice and peppery and with some citrus. YUM!

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Today's score.

Nice smokes

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The EP Connecticut is underwhelming as all hell, i got through about half of one and got bored and found a nice spicy maduro instead. The EP Dark ritual is a beast though.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My sentiment exactly. I'll have to check out that dark ritual. I've had a couple E-III and they were fantastic. Bought two boxes Razz

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Came back from the range today and wanted a known quantity - Monte Cristo White Series. Perfect to watch the sun set on a nice south Texas day!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1781 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just finished my demobilization process at Fort Bliss. As I was waiting on my flights to be booked home I had something special. The O6 I smoked with regularly and I were going to both have aPadron 1964 to celebrate out homecoming and end to the deployment. He had to stay longer but I still had one.

Very easy draw, consistent smooth smoke, lid of leather and earthy notes and almost too much for me but still very enjoyable. Not sure my palate is sophisticated enough to appreciate the difference considering the cost.

"Modern medicine exists to defeat Darwinism" - Anonymous 18D

Posts: 711 | Location: Land of Scarlet and Gray | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Hi guys. I miss this thread, had to quit smoking for an upcoming surgery. I have to be nicotine free for 90 days before surgery.

Not knowing there would be a blood test I cheated once and had a cigar that showed up in my pre surgery tests....procedure now postponed until March, was supposed to be Monday. Big Grin

I hope to return to moderate smoking 6 months after surgery. Light one up for me guys and savor it!

Posts: 12944 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
Hi guys. I miss this thread, had to quit smoking for an upcoming surgery. I have to be nicotine free for 90 days before surgery.

Not knowing there would be a blood test I cheated once and had a cigar that showed up in my pre surgery tests....procedure now postponed until March, was supposed to be Monday. Big Grin

I hope to return to moderate smoking 6 months after surgery. Light one up for me guys and savor it!

Bum, bum, bum... I literally was just thinking that'd it'd been awhile since I saw you in here, and I wondered how it went. Now I know... Good luck with the newly rescheduled upcoming surgery.Wink

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goatboyz:
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:

Bum, bum, bum... I literally was just thinking that'd it'd been awhile since I saw you in here, and I wondered how it went. Now I know... Good luck with the newly rescheduled upcoming surgery.Wink

Thank you!

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Did you get rid of your stash? or are you aging some Gems for your return?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgelj:
Just finished my demobilization process at Fort Bliss.

Very easy draw, consistent smooth smoke, lid of leather and earthy notes and almost too much for me but still very enjoyable. Not sure my palate is sophisticated enough to appreciate the difference considering the cost.

Thank you for your service.

I have been underwhelmed with Padron. Though I did finally have one that I enjoyed. An anniversary Diplomatico.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Did you get rid of your stash? or are you aging some Gems for your return?[/QUOTE

Definitely aging.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgelj:
Just finished my demobilization process at Fort Bliss.

Thank you for your service.

I have been underwhelmed with Padron. Though I did finally have one that I enjoyed. An anniversary Diplomatico.

IMHO it depends on the Padron but rather than being underwhelming I think they are overpriced. There a Nicaraguan cigars as good and cheaper, there are Cubans that are better and cheaper.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post