SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Anyone try a Bold?

BTW - SUPER hot girl just came in w/Nish - man, the dude travels in style! LOL

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12352 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Ronin I told you his spokesmodel is smoking hot. You need to post a pic of you with her in this thread.

Yellow Jacket congrats on the new house.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not a fan of Rocky Patel, so I have no input.

Though, I am smoking a Camacho SLR maduro toro that has been in my humidor for 8 months now. These are the old blend that I bought a box of. Holy cow this is amazing! Cocoa and pepper with a little dough and I'm only a 1/2" into it!

Posts: 3668 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Gator -

I can't do it man, dudes are acting like they've never seen a pretty girl before and hounding her like crazy for pics - maybe if things slow down.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12352 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Ronin I told you his spokesmodel is smoking hot. You need to post a pic of you with her in this thread.

Yellow Jacket congrats on the new house.

or maybe just of her... Smile

thanks Gator, one day when you get through with your journeys we'll burn one.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10501 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I SCORED!!!

- no, not with her -

Wore my Rocky smoking shirt and Nish liked it so much he let me buy a box of 50th Anniversary Torpedo for $12 per stick!

Linky Review

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new home Yellow Jacket. We are looking for a new place and have our house on the market.

Posts: 3668 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Gator -

I can't do it man, dudes are acting like they've never seen a pretty girl before and hounding her like crazy for pics - maybe if things slow down.

Come on man! You will win this thread with the best post of 111 pages Wink

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
About halfway through a CAO Columbia and while nothing amazing it's a good solid smoke. Mild but still some flavor to it. Not the blandness you expect from a budget Conn wrapped stick.

Posts: 13748 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight's enjoyment, after mowing some grass before the rain starts, is a My Father Special and a Widmer Hefe.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I know a lot of you guys read halfwheel so I thought I would bring up Foundation cigar. Nick Melillo was the blender behind all the Drew estate cigars that are so beloved LP 9 T52, UF-13, dirt rat, feral pig etc.

http://halfwheel.com/foundatio...e-el-gueguense/89856

I am really looking forward to his new company Foundation cigar, the first release "El Güegüense" as discussed in the Halfwheel post is pronounced Wah-Wen-Say translates to the wise man. I suspect its nickname will be "the wise man". I personally think having first cigar whose name is unpronounceable by your target audience is a marketing mistake, but if it is as well blended as the DE products I guess that will not matter.

The first video is about Nick Melillo. The second is about the cigar. In the second video they discuss the small cigars that blenders use, these are rolled from just the wrapper or binder leaves and are used for tasting. The wrapper that is shown is gorgeous.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Those look very promising, Corojo wrappers usually turn out pretty good, the nicaraguan criollo filler might be a turn off for me but i have had a few Criollo offerings that I enjoyed alot. The name of the cigar El Güegüense is something that resonates with me, one of the nicknames my mom uses when she talks about me. Because I never make rash decicsions and have always been very patient. I'll have to try some for that alone.

Thanks for posting gator, I read halfwheel's articles that they post on facebook but navigating their website is a chore.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Slumming this morning with a cherry Cuban Honey

Posts: 13748 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Nice cool afternoon ahead of some possible showers so I decided to dip into the good stuff while I contemplate buying a truck.

Ave Maria Divina. Good but not knocking my socks off.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post

Havana 4. Another solid recommendation from my imgainery smoking friends Smile

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8228 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Try the Brown band next it's formal name "seleccion de Cazador. This is the origins of tatuaje some are still made in Miami.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
This evenings 2nd to get burned. I had a Schizo while mowing the grass and now this Tatuaje 10th Anniversary. Deqlan, I highly recommend these if you can find them.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
So this afternoon I lit a birthday cigar, a Liga Privada #9. I had my first only 6 weeks or so ago and posted in this thread about the experience--I loved it. So today was probably the 5th one I've had and it was rolled so tight I ended up putting it down and getting a different cigar. That's at least two out of the 5 that were rolled too tight and an unpleasant experience. A similar experience is the reason I no longer buy La Gloria Cubana cigars. Ended up lighting a Montecristo Media Noche--very good.

Posts: 13306 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Did you order those from CI? I quit ordering from them because alot of the smokes i got were dried out or too tight. I bought 4 boxes of the UF13 (48 smokes) from my local store, i have maybe 8 left. Not a single one were too tight.

I wouldn't give up on the Liga line just yet. Maybe try a different vendor and see if your experience is different.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I did get these from CI. Jeez, it never occurred to me that I may get a better representative from a different vendor.

ETA: it occurs to me that I placed my first order of 5 LP #9s about 6 weeks ago. I had my first almost 6 months ago with my son-in-law in celebration of the birth of our first grandchild. There's a great store in Colorado Springs frequented by a wonderful group of retired military. Always a pleasant experience smoking with these guys. The Liga I had that day was outstanding!

Posts: 13306 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post