SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
This evenings enjoyment...a Fuente "Shark" 77

Posts: 3683 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Nice Gar Petr!

I'm getting a burnt coco/chocolate and note... Is that what you've gotten? I really like this smoke!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know how to describe it. It doesn't taste burnt but definitely can't figure it out either. All I know is I like it!

Posts: 3683 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.cigarsinternational...ab-kk-4560/#p-101361

Here are the specs of it. Too bad they are backordered. I had heard that they were not getting any more in either. I hope not! It is too good of a stick to go away

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Goat glad you enjoyed the Tatuaje Jason. I'll have to revisit those I have had one in a long time.

I'm impressed that you had another cigar 2 hours later.

For you fellow Tat fans the Jackal is on pre-order. This is a store exclusive for casa de montecristo in Chicago.

http://topqualitycigars.com/The_Jackal.html

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4797 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This shark is fabulous! My brother gave it to me for Christmas in 2013. Very smooth with a sweetness and coffee, a little pepper too. Damn good smoke!

Oh, the other downfall of those KK-4560...they are too short! I always want more while the nub is burning my lips

posted Hide Post
Oh a Jason! Yes that is a great stick. I liked that one a little more than the Jeckyl from last year. This year, the Hyde will be released.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post

Absolute treat from light to nub. Sweet chocolate notes throughout the burn with the changes bringing wood, leather and pepper at different intervals. Excellent burn and effortless draw. Must get more!

Posts: 13843 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A box of 16 for $100 is not a bad price. I may have to look into that.

For tonight's pairing, an old Camacho Corojo toro with a Stars Hill Lil Red Roostarr. Excellent!

posted Hide Post
Sitting at CI tonight smoking a new Blend Lab FB-554. Not too bad the first inch in, hope it stays this way!

Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed a Drew Estates T52 with friends after work and a game of cribbage.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2222 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While at CI on Friday I picked up a sampler as I was getting low on sticks. The Groundhog day sampler. http://www.cigarsinternational...ay-sampler/#p-168317 they were out of the E.P. sticks so they substituted LA Herencia Cubana cores instead. I smoked a Tattoo on Friday and am now smoking a Gurkha. It stayed together but is a little bland.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
What did you think of the Tattoo? I'm not a big fan

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4797 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eh. Not a horrible cigar but not the best from Pete Johnson, there are much better Tatuaje cigars available.

posted Hide Post
That sampler works out to $3.33 a stick, plus I had a coupon for $10 off so I got them for less. The Gurkha is worth that to me. I'm not a fan of the Undercrown due to the price point, but forget under $4 each is a better deal. In all the package I got was valued over $180 for $50 is a great deal!

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Petr im surprised you hit up those samplers. Maybe im a snob but i can only find 1 smoke i like in those samplers and its not far off of what i like to buy outright.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8239 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm up to try new things, regardless of what others think of them. I wanted to try something new as I'm getting tired of smoking the same thing over and over, as I'm sure everyone here is tired of me posting the same thing...over and over. This sampler seemed to fit the bill. A few new smokes, the overpriced but good Undercrowns, and the tried and true La Herencia. I could have built my own sampler, but I would have ended up with 6 sticks instead of the 18 I did. More bang for the buck!

posted Hide Post
Sorry, that first comment seemed rude. I didn't mean it the way it sounds. I should have said that everyone has different palates and what one does not like I may love. A prime example is the Blend Lab KK-4560. I love it, my brother did not like it at all. Goat seemed to really enjoy it as well. We are all different and that is why I try a variety of cigars.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Petr, I think the sampler looks like a good one to try... Some decent sticks for the price.. I really liked the Blend Lab! I was surprised how much I liked it, because the CI colored label have been ok but not great. I find the Undercrowns to be worth around $4 a stick from the online stores. Not much more, but they are a good mid-priced stick.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Sorry, that first comment seemed rude. I didn't mean it the way it sounds. I should have said that everyone has different palates and what one does not like I may love. A prime example is the Blend Lab KK-4560. I love it, my brother did not like it at all. Goat seemed to really enjoy it as well. We are all different and that is why I try a variety of cigars.

No offense taken. I guess i just go about it differently. Ill try 1 or two at the local shop, in this case i took a chance on the tautajes but it worked out. Ive just always found that CI jams a bunch of what i call unwanteds in a pack. Just a different approach from my mine so i can respect that.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8239 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post