SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    East Coast March Blizzard
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

East Coast March Blizzard Login/Join 
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Snow finally stopped about an hour ago. We got easily 2 feet. So far the wind has not been a problem.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Just kicking into high gear here in Maine. 3-4" on the ground, real mealy snow. Coming down hard, whiteout hard.

Already packing into drifts, if it turns to sleet/rain like they think, it's gonna be real fun in the morning.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
reporting in from NW CT. about 16" so far (at 5 pm), and expect it to keep going till 9 pm.

Already snow-blowed the driveway twice and raked and shoveled off the back roof.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
Full conversion to rain. Snow is melting and compacting, a real bitch to clear out. My 350cc 2 stage blower couldn't even hack it, had to borrow the plow truck again.

Lots of snow clogged drainage, huuuge ponds of water on most roads. If those don't cause accidents now, they will when all this shit freezes over tonight, dropping from 30 to 16 between 10pm and 6am. Then windy and frigid again tomorrow for some more icy fun.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Nothing on the coast. 2 inches then rain. Southeast CT was a bust.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Sleet and rain all day, still going on now. There's probably an inch more snow in my yard now than when I went to work early this morning.
Did suffer some wind related damage though.

My sister, about two hours north west of me has over two feet of snow.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
That's my kind of backyard neighbors!

The fence seem superfluous.

There are plenty of people around. My photo was taken at an angle to exclude the neighbors, all who live closer than I like. It was also put up to keep small people in more than to keep others out.

The highway is very, very close to our house.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Final snowfall for us in Berks Co, PA was about 1 foot...of sleet. This is some nasty backbreaking stuff and is now frozen solid. We have street parking and I went out twice and dug our cars out, but then the dammed plows come through and rebury EVERYTHING I shoveled out. Went out around 8 pm and gave up after about 5 minutes as it's all frozen solid now.

Now I have to wait till it hopefully warms up tomorrow to dig out then go into work late. Mad

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Not far from the Sig entrance....I really expected to lose power at some point. Towns all around were having outages but they worked and got them back up fairly quickly. The winds were really howling but now they are starting to settle down. the snow tapered off. Cleared the driveway and probably had about a foot although it was tough to measure with the winds drifting it all over the place.

It's rare for the academy to shut down. But in this case, it was the smart move. Thankfully I'm inside next week for my class. Next one is April and hopefully as it's outside it will be nicer than today.

But we can't really complain as we really need the water.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Final snowfall for us in Berks Co, PA was about 1 foot...of sleet.

Measured 12-1/2" in N. Berks - news called 14.
Dug out my place and 3 elderly neighbors.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4576 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
This guy has the right idea....as long as you don't use a snowblower. Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Switched over to sleet/rain right about dark.

Don't know how much snow there was initially, but this morning there was 4-6" of heavy, wet, slumped slop.

Knocked the snowplow berms out with the tractor, I'll leave the rest to Mother Nature.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
mostly clear here this morning, but less important roads are essentially a sheet of ice.

reservoir that supplies 90% of the state's drinking water resides here, so they're skittish about using salt.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
My family lives in upstate New York. I just saw 50 miles north and 30 miles east of Syracuse, Winfield got slammed with 42 inches...yukky.. Big Grin. I'm hiding in northern Kentucky where we've had a total of 2 inches this Winter. Cool

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Woke up to crisp 20 degree air and blue skies. Nice Powdery snow, roughly 12"-20" depending on where you look. Roads are 100% clear and even dry in some places.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post