SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    East Coast March Blizzard
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

East Coast March Blizzard Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Our local news guys Big Grin

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
News in Houston dedicated several minutes to the NE storm that hasn't even hit yet. Ridiculous drama queens.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
^^^
Isn't that funny...
My flight home to NJ only made it as far as Houston today.
I'm spending an unanticipated overnight in Texas, with a 'maybe tomorrow evening' promise from United.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Six pages. This better be good

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Nothing you WYO boys dont see all the time.................

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4578 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
For my area, they have reduced the forecasted snowfall total to about a third of what they said it would be just last night Roll Eyes

It's the typical nonsense from these jokers.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainmaker5505
posted Hide Post
The 12-24 we were supposed to get here looks to be an actual 3-4." Meteorology has nothing to with science anymore, and everything to do with tv ratings.

"America could use some turpentine, all the way from Hollywierd to New York City." -- Phil Robertson

Posts: 464 | Location: Oxford, PA | Registered: January 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Not so much as a new flake on the ground in Pittsburgh this morning! Yay!

1 to 3 later today. which is nothing for us but a reason for the road crews to filth up the streets, and a reason for me to bitch.

Posts: 11387 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Still hanging in at a foot-plus, maybe a little less right here by the water if it changes over to rain/sleet after dark.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I drove through snow this morning over Burnt Mountain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39753 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Raining here in Philadelphia.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
My friend Dave Estes died shoveling this kind of snow. A wet mix. I just cleared 40 feet of sidewalk , usually one or two shovels at a time. Wearing the bison-wool watch cap Brecaidra made for me. Very warm!

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Thank goodness it's just a one dog night here in south Texas.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Freezing rain right now and very windy. They're saying temps up to 38 today so it should stay the same. A sloppy mess and not much more... God willing.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I just went outside with the dogs & took the yardstick along. 11" here....so far, and still coming down pretty good.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
It's just snowing. It's winter.
Watching traffic as I normally do on dayshift. No crowds. People driving slow. Schools closed so that helps.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker5505:
The 12-24 we were supposed to get here looks to be an actual 3-4." Meteorology has nothing to with science anymore, and everything to do with tv ratings.

While I agree with your sentiments relative to broadcast meteorology I will add that this storm is still happening even if the track of the storm has changed. The storm is heading more north and west, which means that Upstate NY will be getting the brunt of the storm now. Our predicted snow totals have gone from 6"-9" up to 8"-12" up to 12"-18" now up to 18"-24" or 18"-26". I'd say we are well equipped to handle it though, so it's probably better for us to get whacked than some of the more Southern areas. While I'm ready for spring to get hear, I'm also well prepared for this storm so bring it on. My enclosed cab tractor, heated and air conditioned, with front end loader and 8 foot wide snowblower will make quick work of this storm just like it has every other storm.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I work out of an office in NJ and they closed for today. I had no business yesterday, seemed everyone was already in blizzard mode. I sell tires, mostly truck and equipment, Friday was very busy with the guys that hadn't tired up for a storm.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Mother Nature failed today.

mostly sleet mixed with some snow. Less then 3" of icy snowy crap. Broke out the flat metal shovel as to avoid braking the plastic snow shovel.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16400 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
coming down fairly heavy now. Looks like it shifted a bit west so my area is in the 6-12" band.

Up toward Worcester and Springfield is getting pounded though.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post