SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Bud's for who???
Page 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 61
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Bud's for who??? Login/Join 
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
There is no question that the trannie sponsorship was an epically bad marketing move. And they certainly could have handled the aftermath better. But I really believe that this represents a failure in supervision by leadership, not a core value of ABInBev.

And while the Bud Light brand has been significantly damaged and sales substantially lowered, it certainly is not "dead". They are still making a metric shit ton of money.

I don't know how long it will take for sales to recover or if they ever will. But I don't think people will hold it against them forever (although some certainly will). In time, a significant portion of their customers won't even be aware of the trannie incident.

Posts: 3547 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One thing's for sure, that idiotic former marketing exec for Bud Light would never have signed this deal with UFC.

Posts: 2534 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
And while the Bud Light brand has been significantly damaged and sales substantially lowered, it certainly is not "dead". They are still making a metric shit ton of money.

I don't know how long it will take for sales to recover or if they ever will. But I don't think people will hold it against them forever (although some certainly will). In time, a significant portion of their customers won't even be aware of the trannie incident.

You're right: it's not "dead"... but I don't think it will ever be #1 again.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I disagree. The Bud Light brand is indeed dead. Transheuser-Busch itself isn't dead, but Bud Light is not recovering.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30953 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Bud Light brand is indeed dead. Transheuser-Busch itself isn't dead, but Bud Light is not recovering.

Well, it may not recover... but 9% is still a huge market share. There are a lot of brands that would be happy with that!

Pistacchi and Beltran-Segarra’s bullish thesis broadly rested on their expectation for profit margins to expand across Anheuser-Busch’s portfolio, which includes Michelob and Stella Artois, rendering its comparatively low price-to-earnings ratio unjustified.

Nonetheless, the bank expects Anehuser-Busch volumes to decrease 12% this year and a further 3% in 2024 due mostly to a forecasted 22% drop in Bud Light sales this year and a 7% decline in 2024.

Bank of America accordingly named the potential of “longer term volume/profit impact from Bud Light consumer backlash” as the second most pressing overhang for Anheuser-Busch, trailing only concerns about increased competition.

Big Number

8.9%. That was Bud Light’s U.S. market share as of the week ending September 9, according to Bernstein data, a roughly 25% haircut from its 12% share before this spring’s ado.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/d...ash/?sh=20eb8a29511a

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Money doesn’t talk, it screams.
- Bob Dylan

Posts: 13598 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Yeah, I disagree. The Bud Light brand is indeed dead. Transheuser-Busch itself isn't dead, but Bud Light is not recovering.
I fully believe this is true. The best they could ever hope for is that this market freefall will stabilize with them in a similar market position with say, the Lone Star, Pearl, Schaefers type brands. And that is if they are willing to sell at those segment prices and be one of the cheapest beers available.

I think they will pull the name and rebrand before they accept that as a new normal. But that's where that shit is goin'.

Posts: 7409 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I guess everyone has their price UFC?

https://www.anheuser-busch.com...ultiyear-partnership

(in addition to ^^^ post above)

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
I was at a large conference (16,000 plus attendance) in the Gaslamp in San Diego last week. I was out and about for four days at bars and restaurants, including Monday Nigh Football. There were a couple events where there was free beer available from local bars/restaurants.

Bud Light was an option lots of places, but I noticed lots of people went out of their way not to drink it.

I think it is safe to say the brand can now be considered toxic.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4253 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
Walking through the beer aisle tonight.

Not Bud Light...

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4253 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Lets just hope the UFC fighters aren't too fratty. Roll Eyes

Posts: 9429 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
If Uncle Dana really wants to back this deal, he should let a biological male claiming to be a women fight a biological women. Let biological men compete in the women’s division and win all the belts. Big Grin

Posts: 13314 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ha ha

The latest clueless, useless marketing idiot to get the boot. Oh, sorry, he's going to "resign". And he won't be replaced. Damn, man, you fucked up the product, the job and the position itself.

Anheuser-Busch’s marketing chief to finally exit after Bud Light’s Dylan Mulvaney fiasco

"Benoit Garbe"? Don't tell me- Belgian, right? GTFO, interloper.

His LinkedIn page has the usual meaningless compound bullshit: "My goal is to inspire and transform businesses, making them more digitally powered, creatively inspired, and purpose driven. I believe that higher purpose and human insights are the new catalysts for business growth, inspiring employees, touching consumers, and building stronger communities."

Uh huh. Meaningless blather.

Jackass. You left out the part about fucking up your employer's sales figures flatter than hammered shit.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would just like to know an honest figure as to just how much this fiasco has really cost AB brewing.

Posts: 6717 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well just today steve crowder’s under cover team same ones that produced the Nashville shooter manifesto. They produced the canceled check to Dylan for 185k. Sounds like the marketing company that teams with influencers and big brands is going sideways and maybe a disgruntled person who’s about to be or was laid off leaked it. Reportedly money in this range is evidence of a full blown campaign and it blew up dramatically in their faces. Then the cover up “it was a one off can gift” was all BS.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It pleases me to no end to see Bud Light continue to suffer humiliation and financial failure as fallout from this fiasco. It's one of the biggest culture war wins for the "normals" in years.

Posts: 2534 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Someday there will be a real in-depth expose on how all this came about, what the real plan was before it blew up and then all the shenanigans in trying to control/repair it. It will be fascinating. It will definitely be a college course in the future, but there's still a ton we don't know.

Posts: 3692 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Well just today steve crowder’s under cover team same ones that produced the Nashville shooter manifesto. They produced the canceled check to Dylan for 185k. Sounds like the marketing company that teams with influencers and big brands is going sideways and maybe a disgruntled person who’s about to be or was laid off leaked it. Reportedly money in this range is evidence of a full blown campaign and it blew up dramatically in their faces. Then the cover up “it was a one off can gift” was all BS.

I'd bet that wasn't the only check. No way that kind of cash got green lit by some "lower level manager". Bud Light-in-the-Loafers should just fess up to their screwup and take their lumps.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8366 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post