SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Bud's for who???
Page 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Bud's for who??? Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
on this I disagree with President trump

AB most certainly is a 'woke' company. Their ad campaign did two things

firstly, it bought into the faggot, queer and freak show with their campaign

secondly, and most importantly, if they were looking at a woman for their spokesperson, they basically said that out of 52% of the entire worlds population, they couldn't find a single woman on this planet to represent their brand and they 'had' to use a queer - that's a huge insult to women

AB does NOT deserve a second chance any more than any other company that turns its back on 99% of the population of this country to push an agenda

I've stated it previously, but Bud Light's train stop into a little town called Queerville with that piece of trash as their spokesMAN turned me into a Guinness Draught drinker. And guess what? Bud Light could give their shit away for FREE and I STILL wouldn't touch it. Those phukktards couldn't even PAY ME to drink it now...

FTATHTRIO!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
I am actually amazed that the stock (BUD) is up $1.75 on this news. Does the market really think Trump's "endorsement" is going to bring back the 30% of business they lost?

I don't think even the Donald believes his statement will do much. Now he can tell them he tried and I think that was the point of it.

They (Bud) have recovered what they can for now. Now they have to see if they can get back any of the market share they threw down the toilet.

Maybe the King of Inbev can thrill the people with another statement about how the U.S. isn't even their primary market.

Posts: 7409 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Fuck AB and fuck their gay-supremacist agenda pushing bullshit.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
This ad gonna bring you back? Didn't think so. Razz

Posts: 4828 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
me ... a Guinness Draught drinker.

Attaboy! Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13908 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Cl--5P79iRs" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Attaboy! Cool
Big Grin Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Never alienate your customers when they buy your poor to mediocre product.

Seldom do boycotts last this long. Why has this one?....because Bud light is not a good tasting beer. Not even close. It never was a good beer but people bought it out of habit and a sense of brand loyalty. Once people started drinking other beers during the boycott this fact hit them right in the taste buds. They have not returned to drinking that swill.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6167 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seldom do boycotts last this long. Why has this one?....because Bud light is not a good tasting beer. Not even close. It never was a good beer but people bought it out of habit and a sense of brand loyalty. Once people started drinking other beers during the boycott this fact hit them right in the taste buds. They have not returned to drinking that swill.

Well, I don't think that's really it...
Is it special? No, of course not. It's a light lager, or a pilsner and none of them are special. It's not great, but not terrible.

Sure, people bought it based on (previously) terrific marketing and a sense of brand loyalty. Once that went away... they discovered there were others out that that were just as good and weren't embarrassing to buy or be seen drinking.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Like making love in a canoe...fucking close to water.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15529 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:
...because Bud light is not a good tasting beer. Not even close.
. It's not bad, but certainly nothing to write home about. What Bud Light is is dirt cheap beer that you can drink all day long and not get drunk. Was there ever any other reason to buy it?

Posts: 20608 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:

secondly, and most importantly, if they were looking at a woman for their spokesperson, they basically said that out of 52% of the entire worlds population, they couldn't find a single woman on this planet to represent their brand and they 'had' to use a queer - that's a huge insult to women

AB does NOT deserve a second chance any more than any other company that turns its back on 99% of the population of this country to push an agenda

Not only did they use a transgender woman, they picked the worst possible one IMO.

That persons transgender status is extremely questionable to me. I think he’s simply an out of work actor who decided to play trans in order to gain followers and money.

Even if he truly wants to be a woman, he plays an extremely insulting version of a woman that acts like women don’t understand sports.

His existence should be insulting to everyone, especially women who aren’t all brainless airheads which is the character he portrays.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15277 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:

Not only did they use a transgender woman, they picked the worst possible one IMO.

That persons transgender status is extremely questionable to me. I think he’s simply an out of work actor who decided to play trans in order to gain followers and money.

Even if he truly wants to be a woman, he plays an extremely insulting version of a woman that acts like women don’t understand sports.

His existence should be insulting to everyone, especially women who aren’t all brainless airheads which is the character he portrays.

It is "Woman Face" where these sick fucks offer a grotesque parody of being a woman. Yeah, a kid wears black paint under his eyes for a football game and he is to be exiled and ostracized for the rest of his life, yet these "brave trans women" are to be applauded.

Posts: 4065 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Cl--5P79iRs" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Shouldn't that be the Bud Light fairy, not genie? Now, if Barbara Eden popped out of that fridge...

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 5012 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brand Loyalty.

I think this indicates that it takes decades, not days, to build brand loyalty.

AB proved you could piss that loyalty away in days, though!

Pres Trump has proven that even the best endorsement cannot recover brand loyalty for an existing brand. If a person of his name recognition had endorsed an entirely new product, they might move the needle, but endorsing something everyone's already familiar with? Sorry, Pres T, I'm going to keep with the swill I'm already drinking.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2107 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
I used to be in the ad testing business.

Our firm would try to determine whether viewing an ad influenced your decision to buy the brand being advertised. Pretty simple, yes?

We tested sooo many beer ads… and the overwhelming majority didn’t help sell the beer… but many were considered memorable, humorous or entertaining by the test audiences. After seeing the ad, audiences STILL wouldn’t consider switching to the beer being advertised… which is the point of an advertisement after all.

In short, beer ads usually don’t sell beer. The sheer waste of marketing dollars still appalls me today. But funny or creative ads launched careers and got the makers and the ad execs a lot of public attention. All the while their brand sales stalled or dropped. Such genius!

The above Bud Light tv spot is what we referred to as a “video vampire.” There is so much going on in the commercial that the viewer doesn’t remember what is being sold. The ad is basically rapid-fire entertainment.

Will it convince anyone to put their hands on a six pack of Bud Light rather than a six pack of Modelo? I am doubtful.

Meanwhile, back at the Bud Light marketing offices they’re saying to themselves; “Hey, we made a commercial with Peyton Manning, Post Malone, a Tyrannosaurus Rex, a Delorean stretch limo and some crazy special effects and a ton of other cultural references… we’re freakin’ awesome! … and we got free tickets to the Super Bowl!”

Let’s wait a month to see if Bud Light sales move… because isn’t that really your job?

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1636 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
We tested sooo many beer ads… and the overwhelming majority didn’t help sell the beer… but many were considered memorable, humorous or entertaining by the test audiences. After seeing the ad, audiences STILL wouldn’t consider switching to the beer being advertised… which is the point of an advertisement after all.

In short, beer ads usually don’t sell beer. The sheer waste of marketing dollars still appalls me today. But funny or creative ads launched careers and got the makers and the ad execs a lot of public attention. All the while their brand sales stalled or dropped. Such genius!

Right. They don't sell beer. But sometimes they are clever, or funny, or cute.

But I find pharmaceutical ads even worse. I usually don't even know what the product does or is for, but they try to convince me that my life will be better if I "talk to my doctor" about getting some... Roll Eyes

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
^^^

funny because my doctor has no time to talk to me

and the side effects are usually worse or even risk a fatality whereas the initial condition isn't - itchy skin - take this but risk brain cancers, swollen kidneys, dissolved joints and muscle and memory loss. Stop taking this if your allergic to this.

Really, GTFO

I agree, pharma ads should be banned from the TV just like cigarettes

if the med is so good, let the doctor bring it up during your next physical

building a nation of hypochondriacs one useless med after another

Posts: 53850 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doritos Just Hired A Self Described Pedophile As A 'Brand Ambassador'

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...ile-brand-ambassador

Oily GMO tortilla chip brand Doritos is facing widespread backlash after some genius within the Spanish arm of the company decided to hire a non-binary transgender person who appears to have previously endorsed pedophilia to sell its snacks.

https://assets.zerohedge.com/s3fs-public/styles/inline_image_mobile/public/inline-images/Hudson.jpg?itok=TWn1RpBC

Yes, really.

The ‘transgender artist’ Samantha Hudson, formally known as Iván González Ranedo, has been given the role of brand ambassador for Doritos, and featured in a sponsored program called “Crunch Talks.”

A clip was posted showing the person previously advocating for “the destruction and for the annihilation of the traditional family.”

Lovely stuff. But it gets worse.

A Newsweek report points to charges that ‘Hudson’ allegedly previously posted the statement “quiero hacer cosas gamberras como meterme a una nina de 12 anos por el ojete,” to social media.

It translates as “I want to do thuggish things like stick a 12 year old girl up her asshole.”

Another tweet from 2014 is said to read “In the middle of the street in Mallorca in panties and screaming that I’m a nymphomaniac in front of a super beautiful 8-year-old girl.”

more at link

Posts: 13120 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

That's messed up.....

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It actually translates to he wants to enter a 12yr old’s anus, presumably with his penis.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post