SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Bud's for who???
Page 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 61
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Bud's for who??? Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Somehow, somewhy, an unrequited vision of Lucy & Ramona with frosty cold cans of Busch Bavarian in their hands,

and their
brother, Sunset Sam, with a little stacked tower of Busch Bavarian cans on his little foldup display table has invaded my skull.

And now, I have the earworm ...

Posts: 16204 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Kid Rock spotted drinking Bud Light months after shooting up cans of it to protest Dylan Mulvaney partnership.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/...mulvaney-partnership

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7292 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I saw that. That's a real big help. How stupid do you have to be? A celebrity in public- where everyone has two cameras and an internet connection- being a hypocrite- and on an issue we've been winning.

Goddamn, son Roll Eyes Fucking brilliant

Posts: 109159 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the pure hypocrisy of it makes me wonder if AB paid him to pull this stunt as a way for them to get their base back?

Posts: 1811 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Kid Rock ain't bringing one boycotter back to Bud Lite. Not one. There's nothing he could do by accident, let alone by design, that would make anyone think it's now OK to go back.

Posts: 3691 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Doesn't matter. I'm still not drinking AB products if I know that's what they are.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Of course this won't change anyone's mind. Nevertheless, would it have been better that it hadn't happened?

There's a war of words involved in this, and this kind of thing helps us not in the least. A guy who shoots up Bud cans with a machine gun and is then seen drinking the product- come on. It doesn't help us at all. It suggests that we're as hypocritical as the left.

Posts: 109159 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a feeling that Kid Rock received some heat over that stunt..

Posts: 6717 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Doesn't matter. I'm still not drinking AB products if I know that's what they are.

Me too. It's forced me learn who makes what, but it's worth the effort to avoid anything AB related. No more Corona at our house.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1879 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Corona and Modelo are both produced by Constellation Brands in the United States.

From Corona's Wiki entry:
quote:
Constellation Brands is the exclusive licensee and sole manufacturer and producer of Corona in the fifty states of the United States, Washington, D.C., and Guam. Belgian company AB InBev owns the beer in all other markets.

So drink all the Corona you want. Even though it's terrible.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I have a feeling that Kid Rock received some heat over that stunt..

Why? From whom?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

Why? From whom?

The entertainment industry in Star Wars terms:
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"

So I would guess from everyone involved in his professional life.

Posts: 803 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/tech...alued-at-95-million/

Bill Gates has acquired 1.7 million shares of Anheuser-Busch Inbev through the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation trust during the second quarter of this year. The billionaire may have made the investment on the hopes that the company can get past its Bud Light fiasco, or he may think its new brand image fits with his infamous reputation as an “office bully” and friend of Jeffrey Epstein.

The market value of Gates’ investment in Anheuser-Busch is valued at $95 million, according to TipRanks.

Over the past six months, the company’s share price has fallen nearly nine percent, the New York Post reported. In the past five days, the stock has been down over three percent.

Sales have been on a steady decline since Dylan Mulvaney flaunted the customized Bud Light can with his face on it on April 1. As Breitbart News reported at the time, the nationwide backlash against this marketing disaster vaporized $6 billion in market value

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I guess now that Bill is free of his wife and Epstein can't host him anymore, Bill hopes to hook up with Dylan now this way.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I have to admit way back when, I liked drinking Budweiser, the regular stuff in the long neck bottle when I was eating raw oysters....

but for the life of me I can't figure out why so many people drink this light stuff... whether it be bud or bush or what ever...

Like taking a shower with a rain/coat on... if you get what I mean....

as the Monty Pythons said, (I usually don't use this word)

"Why is American Beer like fucking in a canoe?
It's close to water...."

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Light beer generally has between 50-100 calories, while beer has about 150 calories. A slice of white bread usually has about 79 calories.

Now, I don't understand why people drink diet soda over full cal soda. However, at least with beer, the alcohol content is roughly equivalent (between light/full beer) and therefore a buzz can be maintained w/fewer calories.

I suppose the taste isn't necessarily the primary consideration when selecting fermented bread water, and brand inertia is a thing.

Posts: 2059 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
However, at least with beer, the alcohol content is roughly equivalent (between light/full beer) and therefore a buzz can be maintained w/fewer calories.

I suppose the taste isn't necessarily the primary consideration when selecting fermented bread water, and brand inertia is a thing.

Yep... that's the two-pronged entire appeal: Get the buzz with fewer calories; look cool.
The marketing is for the cool factor. You drink based on label because you want to be associated with the brand. Bud Light killed that.

On the plus side, for A-B, they still have Mich Ultra at just 95 calories. Michelob Light is/was a better tasting beer... but it doesn't get the advertising. Michelob Light has a slightly higher calorie count at 122 calories.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24639 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
Now, I don't understand why people drink diet soda over full cal soda. However, at least with beer, the alcohol content is roughly equivalent (between light/full beer) and therefore a buzz can be maintained w/fewer calories.

NOPE...Alcohol content (ABV) EASILY varies between 4% and 8% in what could be classified as 'full beer'! I prefer my beer to be in the 6.8-7.2% range... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Made a stop at the local Safeway this morning. As I was tossing some trash into the bin I had to look twice. A full six pack of regular Budweiser in bottles was sitting in the bin ahead of where my McDonald's bag landed. Left it there and bought a six pack of Spaten Oktoberfest instead.

Posts: 3405 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
It’s the official brew of the NFL now. Caught the new adverts during the Chiefs-Lions game.

As the NFL season kicks off on Thursday, fans are eager to see the Kansas City Chiefs play the Detroit Lions. But there's another showdown happening: the "beer battles" as Anheuser-Busch InBev's Bud Light (BUD) aims to win back once-loyal consumers.

"We're going to see an amazing competitive battle this fall," Tim Calkins, a marketing professor at Northwestern University, told Yahoo Finance. "People will be very focused on the football games, but I think the beer battles might be more interesting."

The NFL season will be crucial for AB InBev after months of declining sales. And the company appears ready to shell out on advertisements featuring "safe terrain" subjects such as the NFL and fan experience, Calkins added.

In one of the brand’s biggest NFL campaigns ever, called "Easy to Sunday," Bud Light is focusing on beer-drinking die-hard footfall fans, reminding consumers it's the official NFL sponsor.

"Bud Light is likely to spend an enormous amount of money to try to rebuild its brand after the shocking declines earlier this year," Calkins said. "The competitors are going to work very hard to make it difficult for Bud Light to do that."

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post