SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Bud's for who???
Page 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Bud's for who??? Login/Join 
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I was watching "The Five" the other day and Dana said that Mulvaney was paid $15,000 for that advertisement. A $15K investment yielded a loss of BILLIONS...

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10862 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What I want to know is what happened to Lisa Crankershot or whatever the fuck is the name of the leftist genius who thought this was a good idea.

Is she still "on leave"? Razz

Posts: 109166 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
They could hire our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ himself, as their spokeman and I STILL wouldn't be caught dead with a Bud Light.

Sorry AB...you turned me into a Guinness Draught drinker on the EXTREMELY rare occasions I choose to imbibe. The box of 8 I bought around August still has 3 cans left...

FOAD

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
Alissa Heinersheid… Google search reveals no recent sitings or speculation as to her whereabouts or disposition with her employer.

Parsing old A-B press releases, the guess is she is still on a leave of absence… rather than having her employment terminated. Apparently, this protects A-B from lawsuits. “You can’t fire me, senior management approved of my marketing decisions… now you’ve made me unemployable and I insist you give me the net present value of all my future earnings as a high flying beer exec!”

Leave of absence prevents Ms. H from those claims. Next step, if not already taken, is a private agreement where A-B pays her a lump sum and she signs an agreement not to seek damages or publicize her version of events.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1636 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ Re: Alissa Heinersheid…
Yeah, that's pretty much how I interpret it too.
They were too terrified to actually fire her. If she sued the company it would result in a rehash with even more negative publicity. I think they are paying her to stay home and stay quiet.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Re; “They were too terrified to actually fire her.”

A-B is chock full of bad decisions.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9476 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A-B is trying every trick in the book to try and gain market share back.......don't think it is working. The last few days they want to show you the Super Bowl commercials(early) with the Clydesdales. This is sooooo obvious!!!

Posts: 6719 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
They killed the brand

I think this new move hastened the process. They should go ahead with the mercy blow now.

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
A-B is trying every trick in the book to try and gain market share back.......don't think it is working. The last few days they want to show you the Super Bowl commercials(early) with the Clydesdales. This is sooooo obvious!!!

Yeah...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:

Only this time B-L will feature a Holstein that identifies as a Clydesdale.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17568 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
The only thing bad about this is that the sales are only down by 28%, which I do find a little hard to believe.

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know there are now virtually no BL cans tossed out the window along the stretch of road along which I live. Mexican beers, Fireball, and gas station food seems to dominate among the trashy hoards.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 398 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Trump says to give AB a second chance. BUD stock is rising with this news. By the way, while Bud Light sales are still down, the company as a whole is doing as well as ever. The stock has fully recovered.

“The Bud Light ad was a mistake of epic proportions, and for that a very big price was paid, but Anheuser-Busch is not a Woke company,” Trump wrote. “Anheuser-Busch is a Great American Brand that perhaps deserves a Second Chance? What do you think? Perhaps, instead, we should be going after those companies that are looking to DESTROY AMERICA!”

Link: https://www.nationalreview.com...-busch-lobbyist/amp/

Posts: 3549 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
on this I disagree with President trump

AB most certainly is a 'woke' company. Their ad campaign did two things

firstly, it bought into the faggot, queer and freak show with their campaign

secondly, and most importantly, if they were looking at a woman for their spokesperson, they basically said that out of 52% of the entire worlds population, they couldn't find a single woman on this planet to represent their brand and they 'had' to use a queer - that's a huge insult to women

AB does NOT deserve a second chance any more than any other company that turns its back on 99% of the population of this country to push an agenda

Posts: 53851 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump says to give AB a second chance.

The former president also said the massive beer company spends $700 million a year on U.S. farmers, employs 65,000 workers, and provides scholarships to U.S. students.

Trump’s message arrived just before Jeff Miller, a top Republican lobbyist for Anheuser-Busch, announced that he will be hosting a fundraiser for the former president next month. Anheuser Busch paid Miller’s firm $260,000 in 2023, according to lobbying disclosure forms reviewed by Politico.

Miller, who built his lobbying business during the Trump years, announced Tuesday on X that he would be hosting the Washington, D.C. fundraiser. The event is set to feature over a hundred members of Congress, as well as special guest Donald Trump, Jr. Tickets for the event range from $1,000 to $10,000 each.

-rduckwor

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Did they ever apologize for their shit? Didn't think so.

Q

Posts: 27624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't agree with anyone on everything. This is true. Never have I met or have been aware of any person with whom I agree on every single thing.

Donald Trump may be striving to save American jobs. Whatever the case, it doesn't matter. I don't believe there is a single Trump supporter out there who would change their opinion of the man over this, nor do I believe Trump's encouragement would compel anyone to buy Budweiser products.

To put it succinctly, it just doesn't matter.

Posts: 109166 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I actually agree with Trump in that I don't think ABInBev is a woke company with an agenda. The woman who did this was removed from her position, as was her boss. After it was done they were in a pickle, just trying not to make the situation worse.

Should they have apologized? Perhaps. If they had, what would have become of the company as a whole? I don't think it is a good business decision for any major company with customers across the political spectrum, to take a stance on a political issue. At that point they were just taking cover and trying not to make it worse.

I don't think this is a case of a company being woke and getting caught. I think it's a case of an employee going too far, with a fallout that was obviously not anticipated.

I am actually amazed that the stock (BUD) is up $1.75 on this news. Does the market really think Trump's "endorsement" is going to bring back the 30% of business they lost?

Posts: 3549 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by honestlou:

I am actually amazed that the stock (BUD) is up $1.75 on this news. Does the market really think Trump's "endorsement" is going to bring back the 30% of business they lost?[/QUOTE

Hedge funds control stock values (short sellers), it's not how the company is performing. They will short a stock and then buy it back, just a big money game.

Posts: 1374 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
The point is not only to teach AB a lesson, but also for them to serve as an object lesson to other companies.

One day, they may recover their market share, but they will never recover their lost sales. That's beer under the bridge.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17568 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post