SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Bud's for who???
Page 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 61
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Bud's for who??? Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
As the NFL season kicks off on Thursday, fans are eager to see the Kansas City Chiefs play the Detroit Lions. But there's another showdown happening: the "beer battles" as Anheuser-Busch InBev's Bud Light (BUD) aims to win back once-loyal consumers.

"We're going to see an amazing competitive battle this fall," Tim Calkins, a marketing professor at Northwestern University, told Yahoo Finance. "People will be very focused on the football games, but I think the beer battles might be more interesting."

I watched the Chiefs game last night but didn't see any commercials. I change the channel when they go to commercials.

quote:
"Bud Light is likely to spend an enormous amount of money to try to rebuild its brand after the shocking declines earlier this year," Calkins said. "The competitors are going to work very hard to make it difficult for Bud Light to do that."

They will spend enormous amount of money to try gain back market share, but I think most people who have tried other beers have probably moved away from Bud Light and won't come back, even if they aren't intentionally boycotting anymore.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24636 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
The idiots still don't get it. Reminding football fans that they're an NFL sponsor? Who in the world thinks that translates into sales, especially to people who cheerfully boycott that brand? I could not care less who sponsors what or how ubiquitous one's ads are. If I plan to boycott AB products (never drank them anyway), reminding me they're an NFL sponsor won't make me even think about buying their beer. Hell, I'd even consider boycotting the NFL too, but I don't watch any sports on tv to begin with.

Posts: 3691 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Martin DeCoder dissects the full Alyssa H. interview she gave that coincided with the Dylan fiasco. Good insight. Marrin’s analysis as well as the takes in the comments are brilliant about this lady. Worth the 20 minutes. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CZxolV163qk

Posts: 4972 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the NFL is NOT one to side with! Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39286 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
InBev/AB won't tell the truth about what this cluster-fuck has cost them, but you can bet it in in the many billions!!

Posts: 6717 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Bud Light has got to be spending tens of millions of dollars on desperate TV ads during this newly kicked-off football season. Every other ad during a game seems to be for Bud Light. They’re even trying to push special bottles like these at the Philadelphia Eagle’s home stadium Lincoln Financial Field:

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
They’re even trying to push special bottles like these at the Philadelphia Eagle’s home stadium Lincoln Financial Field:

Trannies and Eagles, sounds about right. Big Grin

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 5012 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
There was a "news" item last night or the night before about how AB's fortunes continue to decline and about how they're losing shelf space left-and-right.

As one might expect it was blamed on a "conservative boycott" Roll Eyes

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ad Agency Behind Bud Light Fiasco Fires Top Execs
quote:
While it isn’t immediately clear whether the shakeup was a direct result of the social media posts that cost Bud Light its two-decade-long standing as America’s No. 1-selling beer, insiders say the cringe-worthy campaign was a factor.

“I’m guessing that Dylan Mulvaney contributed,” one laid-off executive told the New York Post. “They weren’t laying people off before [April 1].”

Posts: 109158 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

All that matters to that malignant narcissist is that people look at him. What a freak! He should just set up a tent at the local carnival and charge a quarter to let people look at him.

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10859 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
We have a mental health crisis in this country. Budweiser chose to help sponsor it. It has cost them dearly. They deserve it.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10993 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:

All that matters to that malignant narcissist is that people look at him. What a freak! He should just set up a tent at the local carnival and charge a quarter to let people look at him.

He'd do it for free if everyone would hit a button that turned on a 'like' light as they walk by.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38246 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Martin DeCoder dissects the full Alyssa H. interview she gave that coincided with the Dylan fiasco. Good insight. Marrin’s analysis as well as the takes in the comments are brilliant about this lady. Worth the 20 minutes. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CZxolV163qk

Is it my imagination, or does Alyssa H.'s rambling sound a whole lot like Kamala Harris?

Posts: 4567 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Is that the mulvaney fella?

Posts: 490 | Location: California | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Left has killed the carnival sideshow industry. There's no need to pay to see the freak shows now. They're elected to office, appointed to high-profile political positions by Biden, performing in libraries/elementary schools and all over the media.

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

Plus you can always go to Walmart!!

Posts: 6717 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Imagine recognizing Alissa Heinerscheid in a couple years while on the street somewhere. I imagine a look on my face like Ferris Bueller after the credits rolled. Hey! Aren't you the ugly rich bitch that single handedly killed a shitload of American jobs?

Posts: 7409 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ There are a couple of photos like that on the streets of NY, somewhere earlier in this thread. Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24636 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I guess making a clown of yourself beats working fora living. Can you imagine this knucklehead clocking in every morning at 730 to a welding gig?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Wtf, Dana White? This won't end well for UFC.

UFC Faces Boycott Calls After Partnering With Bud Light

News that Bud Light was returning as the official beer of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) ignited an immediate firestorm of criticism on social media, sparking renewed right-wing boycott calls.

On Tuesday, Bud Light's parent company Anheuser-Busch and UFC, an American mixed-martial arts (MMA) organization that holds more than 40 live events annually around the world, announced a new "multiyear marketing partnership," according to an online statement shared by the beer maker. Starting January 1, Anheuser-Busch will become the exclusive "Official Beer Partner of UFC," and as part of the sponsorship, Bud Light will become the official beer in the U.S., according to the statement.

While the terms were not disclosed publicly, ESPN reported that it was the biggest sponsorship deal in UFC history. Critics were especially enraged that the deal means the Bud Light brand, which will replace Modelo as the official beer of UFC, will have a heavy presence in all the MMA organization's content.

The news of the deal triggered quick backlash for UFC and reignited boycott calls for the brewer, which has been plagued by criticism for months after the beer brand partnered with transgender activist Dylan Mulvaney for a promotion in April.

Newsweek reached out via email on Tuesday to Anheuser-Busch and UFC representatives for comment.

The announcement of the Bud Light partnership a day later garnered blowback for UFC, with people posting on X, formerly Twitter, saying they're "done" watching the MMA fights.

X user TheRealMattDail took aim at UFC chief executive officer Dana White in a post on the social media platform and called for a boycott.

"@danawhite and @ufc, you have become the reason why your audience will begin to dwindle," TheRealMattDail posted. "Pandering to Bud Light is disgusting. Guess it's time to boycott UFC, America!"

In a statement announcing the deal with the beer maker, White said Anheuser-Busch and Bud Light were UFC's original beer sponsors more than 15 years ago.

"I'm proud to announce we are back in business together," White said. "There are many reasons why I chose to go with Anheuser-Busch and Bud Light, most importantly because I feel we are very aligned when it comes to our core values and what the UFC brand stands for. I'm looking forward to all of the incredible things we will do in the years ahead."

One X user, MuensterJohann, referred to White as "woke UFC globalist," in a post, lashing out at UFC over the deal.

"@ufc I am done watching UFC until they remove that woke Clydesdale p*** @budlight beer, another thing is Bill Gates bought a bunch of this p*** beer stock and as long as UFC is a sponsor of @budlight, I'm done," MuensterJohann posted. "Bill Gates and Bud Lite are the problem with this country-Dana stop being a woke UFC globalist!"

Clay Travis, founder of sports media website OutKick, blasted Bud Light, saying the "brand is dead" in a post on X.

"Bud Light just spent $100 million on a UFC sponsorship deal to try and cancel out the chicks with d**** ad. No one is drinking Bud Light at any tailgate I've been to this fall. Brand is dead."

more...

https://www.newsweek.com/ufc-f...ng-bud-light-1837614

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post