SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Bud's for who???
Page 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 61
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Bud's for who??? Login/Join 
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Redhook had a brewery in my town with a great restaurant/bar.

Posts: 10046 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
As of the week ending July 29, Bud Light sales dropped for the 17th straight week in a row, down 29% year-over-year following the company's company's decision to partner with transgender social media personality Dylan Mulvaney as a spokesperson.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1607 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Due to my generator issue I connected with a friend of mine who's a mechanic in Merrimack, NH. That's the same town that AB has a plant and one of 3 places in the USA where they stable the Clydesdale horses. Without giving away too much info he may or may not service the fleet of trucks that makes deliveries and he may or may not know a bunch of guys who work(ed) for AB. What he did say is that they're expecting additional layoffs of up to 50%, FIFTY PERCENT, of truck drivers because they aren't moving enough beer. AB can claim it's only "a couple hundred" but when factoring in all the jobs lost from bottle manufacturers, distributors, drivers, etc. it's a hell of a lot more. Fuck AB and FUCK their C SUITE. They should all be terminated without a parachute.

Posts: 843 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
"Just sell beer"

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:

....The Journal went on to note that "Molson Coors also said it is planning an additional $100 million of marketing spending in the second half of the year to keep that sales momentum. ‘Our job is to maintain those gains that we’ve got,’ Hattersley said."

It was probably 15 years ago when I toured one of these huge breweries, it happened to be Miller in Milwaukee. I recall our tour guide saying the cost to make a can of beer was 14.5 cents. The difference in retail price between Miller brands such as High Life, Miller Lite, etc. and Milwaukee's Best was not the product rather the promotional budget the branded Miller products incurred. Seems crazy they feel the need to spend that much on advertising a product everyone already is familiar with but they know what works.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7288 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Fearing a repeat of Bud Light, U.K. government tells business leaders to stay away from politics and ‘woke’ culture wars

https://finance.yahoo.com/news...ght-u-150243309.html

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Well I guess Heinerscheid got what she wanted. Bud light is no longer fratty.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
AB can claim it's only "a couple hundred" but when factoring in all the jobs lost from bottle manufacturers, distributors, drivers, etc. it's a hell of a lot more. Fuck AB and FUCK their C SUITE. They should all be terminated without a parachute.

But people aren’t drinking less, are they? Wouldn’t Coors or some other brand need to add capacity? I get that those jobs might not be geographically near enough to the displaced workers from AB, but the net number of jobs should be about the same I’d think.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8278 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Well I guess Heinerscheid got what she wanted. Bud light is no longer fratty.

But are they still out of touch?

Posts: 9429 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Where I work, our last weekly beer shipments was 4 pallets from our AB distributor, and 18 from their competitor. And that’s in my blue locale. I’m proud that it’s still going strong.

Posts: 10046 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Wouldn’t Coors or some other brand need to add capacity?

This is one of the questions I've wondered. Are other breweries or brands picking up enough sales to bring on employment increases?

God bless America.

Posts: 13909 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Wouldn’t Coors or some other brand need to add capacity?

This is one of the questions I've wondered. Are other breweries or brands picking up enough sales to bring on employment increases?

As a homebrewer and "craft beer" drinker I've converted a few here and there to the other section of the beer cooler. I'd like to think people might be supporting their local breweries. That might be a percentage of it, maybe.

Posts: 7490 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Budweiser did not do well at Sturgis. Big Grin

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Now let’s hear InBev blather on again about how “the US isn’t even their largest market”. Let them continue to hemorrhage money and customer base.

The people have spoken. It’s past the time for businesses to stop adopting stupid woke bullshit support programs when it is crystal clear that the majority says “ENOUGH”.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15833 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
Budweiser did not do well at Sturgis. Big Grin

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M-YS-r56Pj8" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

If bikers at Sturgis won’t drink it, the brand is done.

Finish burning it to the ground with “Bud Lite ATF” ads and start over.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32054 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I've noticed this a lot in business and in life in general.

It takes a special type of stubborn to boldly forge ahead in the face of overwhelming evidence and feedback that your path is wrong.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38249 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
30% down is BS, I think when it all shakes out the numbers are closer to 80%. I have not seen a single person purchase a bud light anywhere since this all went down. Not at the grocery, gas station, baseball game or bar.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5182 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
It takes a special type of stubborn to boldly forge ahead in the face of overwhelming evidence and feedback that your path is wrong.

That perfectly describes the A-B CEO.
It's no longer Alissa Heinderscheid, she's done her damage. It's now on Brendan Whitworth.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I feel bad for the guys working the bud light tent. Damn. I’m not surprised at all. The brand is toast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I feel bad for the guys working the bud light tent. Damn. I’m not surprised at all. The brand is toast.

Not me. They're young enough that they can move on to another company that isn't in the business of pissing consumers off. If BL wanted to do better there, they would have had some scantily clad ladies handing out merch and drinks but that would be cliché and make too much sense Roll Eyes Gotta know your audience and again, they miss by a country mile!

Posts: 2861 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post