SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Bud's for who???
Page 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 61
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Bud's for who??? Login/Join 
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
What is so hard to just “do what you do”?

Let’s say I own a business, I make beer, or widgets or whatever…

Q- “What are your feelings on XYZ?”

A- “I don’t want to get involved with XYZ, I’m just here trying to make the best beer/widget I can so my customers can enjoy them.”

XYZ being politics, race, sex, religion or whatever divisive topic is out there…

It doesn’t seem that hard to understand. Stick to what you know, do it as best as you can, and stfu about everything else.

It’s not hard for normal people. It’s impossible for dipshit asshole marxists.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9183 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:

A- “I don’t want to get involved with XYZ, I’m just here trying to make the best beer/widget I can so my customers can enjoy them.”

XYZ being politics, race, sex, religion or whatever divisive topic is out there…

It doesn’t seem that hard to understand. Stick to what you know, do it as best as you can, and stfu about everything else.

ESG

Environmental
Social
Corporate Governance

These asshats are making it impossible for businesses to just run their business.

Businesses now need to fight for a high ESG score to get loans, be placed in investment portfolios, and generally succeed. They fall over ever-changing woke ideology nonsense in order to try to increase their ESG score.

This is why a beer company can't just worry about making beer. It's why Chick-fil-A now has a DEI VP and why companies like In-N-Out (a very conservative Christian company) get attacked in the media and their ownership vilified.

ESG is the Elite's way of cramming their woke garbage down your throat whether you like it or not.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4253 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Also from that article:

She [Mulvaney] also explained that Bud Light approached her for the sponsored video, which is something that the company denied, claiming it was an external agency on their behalf.

AND... fired, or not?

It comes after claims that two Bud Light marketing executives had finally been fired over the fiasco - something which the company deny.

VP of marketing Alissa Heinerscheid, 39, and VP for Mainstream Brands Daniel Blake, 34, both took a voluntary leave of absence following the backlash.

But sources told the Daily Caller that both had been official fired following the announcement that they would be stepping back in April.

When approached by DailyMail.com earlier this month, a friend of Heinerscheid's said 'she's not supposed to talk about it, she can't.'

In a statement to DailyMail.com, a spokesperson for Anheuser-Busch said they were still both on a 'leave of absence.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...s-torches-brand.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
It's difficult to comprehend giving up a massive amount of stock equity and killing the brand, damaging your distributors and their employees by continuing to deny the actions of A.Heinerscheid who berated the customer base of the product as the problem and instead continuing to blame the customers for not understanding how great AB's wokeness is for them.

One can only presume, outside of his pig headed attitude toward the customers who have left, that it's being driven by his Euro-based corporate overlords.

What CEO in their right mind would continue to press the accelerator when the bus is hanging over the cliff. Maybe he has a huge short position on AB....

Or as was said ESG, but really how much damage could the big investment houses do to AB stock compared to their current approach.

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevH:
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:

ESG

Environmental
Social
Corporate Governance

These asshats are making it impossible for businesses to just run their business.

Businesses now need to fight for a high ESG score to get loans, be placed in investment portfolios, and generally succeed. They fall over ever-changing woke ideology nonsense in order to try to increase their ESG score.

This is why a beer company can't just worry about making beer. It's why Chick-fil-A now has a DEI VP and why companies like In-N-Out (a very conservative Christian company) get attacked in the media and their ownership vilified.

ESG is the Elite's way of cramming their woke garbage down your throat whether you like it or not.

Which is completely ironic, since it hurts their business. So the value of those investment portfolios drop. Duh! Or...does it go even higher than that. I suspect it does.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39287 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Bud's CEO brendan whitworth sure does come off as a elitist tool. Guess that 7 million dollar apartment in new york city didn't do the beer salesman head much good.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you find yourself in a hole, step #1 is STOP DIGGING. When the Good Idea Fairy struck Ford and they introduced the Edsel only to find it became a nationwide joke, they stopped making it.

Kill Bud Light. Six months from now, introduce Anhuiser Light. Or, AB light. Or, St. Louis Light. The latest, lightest, best brew ever.

Then STFU about the alphabet mafia and anything else except selling beer.

Oh, and send the consultant's fee direct to AITG.

Posts: 709 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This whole deal reminds me of the
Anita Bryant
Orange Juice debacle of a
l o n g ago.

Many here are too young to know her or her shitting in her mess kit.

It also changed pretty much nothing ( in the great big giant picture)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55210 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anita Bryant Devoted Her Life to Terrorizing LGBTQ+ People. Now She Has a Bisexual Granddaughter.

https://www.them.us/story/anit...esbian-granddaughter

Posts: 17530 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

Why are you posting that trash?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Anita Bryant Devoted Her Life to Terrorizing LGBTQ+ People. Now She Has a Bisexual Granddaughter.

https://www.them.us/story/anit...esbian-granddaughter

Did not follow the story in the 70s, but what exactly did she say that wasn't true?

Posts: 1085 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I don't believe the 'T's, the 'Q's and the '+'s even existed in the '70s... Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
^^^^^^^

Why are you posting that trash?

Ah, I just saw bendable's post. Pardon me. Carry on.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I heard Dylan Mulvulva whining about how Anheuser treated him after the blow back. I think he’s revving up to bring a suit against AB. Seems like something he would do.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I think he’s revving up to bring a suit against AB.

Go for it!!

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1879 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I heard Dylan Mulvulva whining about how Anheuser treated him after the blow back. I think he’s revving up to bring a suit against AB. Seems like something he would do.

To be fair, he's not wrong. AB are fucking cowards. They hired Mulvaney and then immediately abandoned him as soon as shit got hot. That dickless CEO (an exSEAL, by the way, which is disgraceful by itself him being so spineless) has no integrity that I can see and can't even pick a side. His principles are like a rudderless ship trying to go where the wind blows except the wind is blowing in all directions so the ship is flailing.

So yeah, Dylan Mulvaney is right to call out AB. They deserve it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
She claimed no one from Anheuser-Busch reached out to her privately.

From a recent interview. Well no shit, because nobody would trust him to keep it “private” no matter the conversation, supportive or shunning.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12708 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Time to add 600 more people to the list of those peeved at A-B? I think so.

quote:
Glass bottling plants forced to shut down, leaving 600 employees jobless amid Bud Light controversy.

Employees reportedly said the Bud Light boycotts forced the glass bottling plant to shut down as they were 'no longer needed'

A glass bottling company impacted by Bud Light's botched promotion with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney will close down two of its locations, laying off more than 600 employees as the beer brand continues to grapple with staggering financial losses and declining sales.

The Ardagh Group, a global glass producer who contracts with the Anheuser-Busch company, announced that they will be closing their plants in North Carolina and Louisiana in July, putting roughly 645 employees out of a job, WRAL reported.

FoxNews link

God bless America.

Posts: 13908 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Modelo Tops Bud Light in Latest Sales Report Just Before Key July 4th Holiday – Bud Light Sales Trend -28.5%

Anheuser Busch continues to lose market share according to the latest statistics shared by Bump Williams consulting firm. In the key period just before the July 4th holiday, sales of Bud Light dropped another 28.5% compared to the prior year.

The initial sales decline which began in April continues. The ongoing boycott against Bud Light appears to be holding firm.

CNN – […] For the four weeks ending on July 1, Modelo Especial captured 8.7% of overall beer sales, compared to Bud Light’s 7% share, according to NIQ data given to consulting firm Bump Williams. Dollar sales for the pre-July 4 period continued to be grim for Bud Light, with sales falling 28.5%, while Modelo’s grew 8.5% during the same time period. (more)

https://theconservativetreehou...nd-28-5/#more-248734

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Butt Lite in the Loafers given the "star of death" at Costco.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8365 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post