SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Bud's for who???
Page 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 61
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Bud's for who??? Login/Join 
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, this is fucked up. There is simply no way to justify this, or excuse it, or ever forgive it.

Bud Light sponsors Toronto Pride parade attended by naked men, children

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^They're must be trying to woke their way into bankruptcy!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9441 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Gone, Gone": Anheuser Busch Fires Pro-Trans Marketing Execs Who Destroyed Brand

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...-who-destroyed-brand

Anheuser-Busch has fired two marketing executives who were placed on leave after destroying the Bud Light brand with an advertising campaign featuring transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

According to the Daily Caller, Group VP for Marketing Daniel Blake, and Bud Light Marketing VP Alissa Heinerscheid are "gone, gone" after initially being placed on leave, per an anonymous source.

"To my understanding if we publicly announced the word ‘fire’ it opens up the potential for them to sue us. Thats why we said leave of absence," said the source in a text message to the Caller. "The wholesalers would have had an absolute HAY DAY with leadership if they didn’t remove her."

(Or maybe a field day?)

"To be fair- Daniel Blake was actually awesome. I think he was just caught in cross fire. But also he did hire her… so thats a fault," the source continued.

"Wholesalers were told they are both gone for good by leadership during in person conversations. They already shifted all their direct reports to new people and the head of marketing," they said.

more at link

Posts: 13125 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I can say that if you work for a fortune 500, the amount of bs, work, compliance, paperwork, the steps you need to go through to fire someone, even if you catch them with stolen goods standing over the body is daunting. The rules the HR groups have put in place assure that you can fuck up to any level and not worry about being easily dismissed, even in a right to work state.

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah, this is fucked up. There is simply no way to justify this, or excuse it, or ever forgive it.

Aren't there laws against public nudity ? Is Canada that fucked up that this is legal ?

Posts: 4272 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
Is Canada that fucked up that this is legal ?
Canada's pretty screwed-up these days. Think in terms of California, only more dictatorial, with a man-boy tyrant at the helm.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:

I know I’ll probably take some heat for this, but apparently they’ve been sponsoring the Pride Parade for 10 years, and nobody cared until now. And in my opinion, naked men in view of children is the fault of the parents who took children to a Pride Parade.

Down here we have Mardi Gras, and if you take your kids to a classic Mardi Gras scene, they’re going to see some boobies and blow up dolls.”

Posts: 3547 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
quote:

I know I’ll probably take some heat for this, but apparently they’ve been sponsoring the Pride Parade for 10 years, and nobody cared until now. And in my opinion, naked men in view of children is the fault of the parents who took children to a Pride Parade.

Down here we have Mardi Gras, and if you take your kids to a classic Mardi Gras scene, they’re going to see some boobies and blow up dolls.”

Back then, all this Pride shit wasn't being rammed down everyone's throat by Governments/Media/Corporations.

It's time to double down on Bud Light and put the brand out of business.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4878 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Anheuser-Busch CEO: Still Supporting LGBTQ Activism

Bud Light will continue to support the LGBTQ community despite the fallout for partnering with transgender liberal activist Dylan Mulvaney, according to Anheuser-Busch CEO Brendan Whitworth.

"There is a big social conversation taking place right now, and big brands are right in the middle of it," Whitworth, a U.S. marine veteran and former CIA staffer, told "CBS Mornings" on Wednesday. "It's not just our industry or Bud Light. It's happening in retail. It's happening in fast food."

He added his company needs to "deeply understand and appreciate the consumer and what they want and what they care about and what they expect from big brands."

"Bud Light has supported LGBTQ since 1998, so that's 25 years," Whitworth said. "As we've said from the beginning, we'll continue to support the communities and organizations we've supported for decades."

Anheuser-Busch employees "are full of pride and they're full of commitment," Whitworth said. "It's the impact, honestly, on employees that weighs most on me."

Bud Light (BUD) is down 15.59% since the day before the Mulvaney marketing launch ($66.73 on March 31; $56.33 at June 27 close).

The stock's market capitalization is down $20.92 billion: $132.38 billion March 31 to $111.46 billion June 27, a decline of 15.12%.

On Wednesday, after Whitworth's appearance on CBS, the stock ticked down by another 1.12% to close at $55.90.

"As we move forward we want to focus on what we do best, which is brewing great beer for everyone, listening to our consumers, being humble in listening to them, making sure that we do right by our employees, take care and support our partners, and ultimately make an impact in the communities that we serve," Whitworth told CBS.

Whitworth said Bud Light "doesn't belong" in the "divisive conversation," lamenting the branding has "moved away from beer."

Link

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
"There is a big social conversation taking place right now..."
No, you're just full of shit.

Any time anyone talks about "having a conversation" you know they are absolutely full of shit, because the word "conversation" used in such a way is truly meaningless. It's just about the most meaningless thing leftists say, and that's saying something.

That crap makes me want to puke. Such phonies.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Bud Light (BUD) is down 15.59% since the day before the Mulvaney marketing launch ($66.73 on March 31; $56.33 at June 27 close).

The stock's market capitalization is down $20.92 billion: $132.38 billion March 31 to $111.46 billion June 27, a decline of 15.12%.

On Wednesday, after Whitworth's appearance on CBS, the stock ticked down by another 1.12% to close at $55.90.
My Lord, this guy couldn't catch a clue if he drenched himself with clue pheromone and stood naked in the middle of a clue field at the height of clue mating season with a clue-call

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I hope it was worth it chasing trannies and the rest of the Alphabet Mafia…LMAO

Bud Light To Permanently Lose Nearly 25% Of Its Business: Analysts

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Bud Light has supported LGBTQ since 1998, so that's 25 years," Whitworth said. "As we've said from the beginning, we'll continue to support the communities and organizations we've supported for decades."

Anheuser-Busch employees "are full of pride and they're full of commitment," Whitworth said. "It's the impact, honestly, on employees that weighs most on me."

He can say that, but from the employees I know, I hear quiet backlash against Whitworth. They started Bud Light Friday, where they have special events and a happy hour. Many refuse to wear the Bud Light T-shirt and won't even attend the happy hour.

quote:
"As we move forward we want to focus on what we do best, which is brewing great beer for everyone, listening to our consumers, being humble in listening to them, making sure that we do right by our employees, take care and support our partners, and ultimately make an impact in the communities that we serve," Whitworth told CBS.

The "communities you serve" don't want you to "make an impact". They just want you to make beer.

quote:
Whitworth said Bud Light "doesn't belong" in the "divisive conversation," lamenting the branding has "moved away from beer."

Who "moved [the branding] away from beer"???
That was YOU, you f'ing moron!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People outside of academia and the C-suite don't have the time or the patience for every aspect of life being turned into a PRC style cultural revolution struggle session. AB can keep their shitty beer and ride their newfound notoriety all the way into the ground.

Posts: 781 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Oh no, this mentally ill dude is upset that Bud Light tossed him under the bus:

quote:

Speaking to her(his) 1.8million followers, she(he) said: 'I was waiting for the brand to reach out to me, but they never did. I've been scared to leave my house.

'For a company to hire a trans person and then not publicly stand by them is worse than not hiring a trans person at all.

'Because it gives customers permission to be as transphobic and as hateful as they want. There's should be nothing controversial or divisive about working with us.

'I have been ridiculed in public I've been followed and I have felt a loneliness that I wouldn't wish on anyone.'

'I love beer and I always have!': Dylan Mulvaney breaks her silence on $20 billion Bud Light fiasco to excoriate the troubled brand for NOT standing by her... and then claims she has lost THAT can

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, THAT can was worth $20 billion. I would've held onto that!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is so hard to just “do what you do”?

Let’s say I own a business, I make beer, or widgets or whatever…

Q- “What are your feelings on XYZ?”

A- “I don’t want to get involved with XYZ, I’m just here trying to make the best beer/widget I can so my customers can enjoy them.”

XYZ being politics, race, sex, religion or whatever divisive topic is out there…

It doesn’t seem that hard to understand. Stick to what you know, do it as best as you can, and stfu about everything else.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8548 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Well, THAT can was worth $20 billion. I would've held onto that!

Damn right I would have held onto it!
That HAS TO BE the most expensive beer out there!

(Allegedly) ONE CAN cost $20 BILLION!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8548 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post