SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Bud's for who???
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 61
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Bud's for who??? Login/Join 
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
We're both making assumptions:
  • I clearly stated mine when I wrote, "If the article posted by Chellim1 is accurate." I assume the sentence "ultimately landing the job" means straight from Wharton to VP. Everything I wrote is based on that which would mean she'd been VP for 10 years.
  • You're assuming the sentence "ultimately landing the job" means that she had a series of roles before being VP. Everything you wrote is based on that.

BTW, thanks for not giving me the benefit of the doubt in knowing what year it is and not being able to subtract 2023 from 2013 Roll Eyes

• Ah, that makes sense. I looked up her LinkedIn prior to posting my response, she had a fairly standard progression post-Wharton; Director role, followed by another, then an SD. She made Vice President 7 years after the MBA (btw, I hire execs for my day job).

Tator, my apologies; I thought you had also looked her up and kept mentioning the “recent graduate” when that was 10 years ago. Sorry about that, and the article that chellim1 mentioned is poorly written.

Posts: 2348 | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Honky Lips
    Picture of FenderBender
    posted Hide Post
    I've already been boycotting bud for supporting the war on drugs.

Here is a list of brews to avoid. Real shame as a couple of them I rather liked.
    https://www.anheuser-busch.com/brands

Posts: 8183 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    PopeDaddy
    Picture of x0225095
    posted Hide Post
    Stories like this always fascinate me.

How does one take an iconic 150ish year old American brand that should be in the business of printing money for it’s shareholders and ruin it in three easy steps?

All you had to do was make decent, drinkable warm weather beer.

You have THE brand. It’s already built. Do you know how hard that is? All pissed away to prove some political point.

Shareholders, of which I am not one, directly anyway, ought to sue.

KING of Beers. LOL. Idiots.

You can take Disney with you on your way out.

Crucifixion?

Good.

Line on the left.

One cross each.

0:01

Posts: 4286 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    come and take it
    posted Hide Post
    How many decades did they craft an image and run great ads the Budweiser Clydesdales? They blew all that up to market for a few seconds to the Tiktok crowd. Newsflash, Tiktokers aren't going to be drinking it next week, and now no one will. Hope they go broke.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1952 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of mttaylor1066
    posted Hide Post
    I visited this woman’s LinkedIn page.

I found one telling detail: in addition to listing her Ivy League university credentials… she also lists her high school: Groton School.

Groton is one of those east coast boarding schools where the ultra-rich and class-conscious send their offspring to in order to get on the escalator to the Ivies. (Makes me wonder why she didn’t get into Choate Rosemary Hall… which is the sine qua non of American boarding schools. Daddy isn’t important enough, I suppose.).

Tuition and fees run $60k+ per year… not including travel expenses to Gstaad for the skiing and weekend hotel suites at the Four Seasons in Manhattan.

Ms. Bud Light traveled that exact path.

In my academic career and in business, I’ve met these types… the ones that list their HIGH SCHOOL as a signal of their family connections and training to become your superior… because that’s their place… and please know your place.

I would never think to list my high school on my professional resume. Would you? But it’s a not-so-secret signal among this class of people.

Of course, any idea that pops into their precious heads is simply brilliant… because they ARE brilliant, they’ve been told so since the 9th grade. Daddy was paying $60k a year to have them told that.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1636 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Never miss an opportunity
    to be Batman!
    Picture of jsbcody
    posted Hide Post

Posts: 4066 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Baroque Bloke
    Picture of Pipe Smoker
    posted Hide Post
    “Bud Light sales have plunged and its distributors in the Midwest, the South, and rural areas are 'spooked' by backlash after the company partnered with trans TikToker Dylan Mulvaney.

Distributors for Anheuser-Busch products, the company that owns Bud Light, have reported dwindling sales over the weekend, according to trade publication Beer Business Daily.

It comes as a video of a man claiming to be a merchandiser for an A-B affiliate went viral on Twitter as he lamented poor sales and the impact on his livelihood.

'I've never seen such little sales as in the past few days,' he said. 'When people don't buy this beer I don't make money and I can't feed my family.' …”

DailyMail article:
    https://mol.im/a/11958283

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9476 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Lawyers, Guns
    and Money
    Picture of chellim1
    posted Hide Post
    ^^^ more from that article...
    Warehouses are sitting full of un-sold Bud Light because... the launch of Yeungling!

Beer Business Daily wrote in its report that it sought to unpack the backlash by considering things purely form 'a marketing and sales perspective' and 'ignoring the politics and social issues.'

'By Thursday afternoon, we had reached out to a handful of A-B distributors who were spooked, most particularly in the Heartland and the South, and even then in their more rural areas,' it published on Monday.

It specified that data was limited and that the Easter weekend had disrupted consumer patterns, making it harder to spot trends.

'With the very limited data from a handful of wholesalers, it appears likely Bud Light took a volume hit in some markets over the holiday weekend, particularly in rural areas, which consist of their higher share markets,' it published.

Anheuser-Busch distributors in the US are split between 'blue silver' distributors, that stock MillerCoors products, and 'red' distributors which deal in InBev products, the parent to Budweiser and Bud Light.

'Blue-silver distributors were said to be reaching 'record high sales', while the publication received anecdotes of a 'sea of blue and red [Budweiser and Bud Light] remaining untouched in cold boxes.'

It clarified that is was not clear to what extent that was a result of Easter or the backlash. The controversy also coincided with the launch of Yeungling in Missouri, which was first announced earlier this year.

'Timing couldn't be better for the Yuengling launch,' one wholesaler told Beer Business Daily.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
    -- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
    -rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Captain Morgan
    posted Hide Post
    Prohibition of Bud beer. I never liked and always got headaches from drinking one or two of their
    carbonated rice water.
    There are so many good beers out there to sample! Who needs Bud?

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
    Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3944 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Rick Lee
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by mttaylor1066:

I found one telling detail: in addition to listing her Ivy League university credentials… she also lists her high school: Groton School.

Groton is one of those east coast boarding schools where the ultra-rich and class-conscious send their offspring to in order to get on the escalator to the Ivies. (Makes me wonder why she didn’t get into Choate Rosemary Hall… which is the sine qua non of American boarding schools. Daddy isn’t important enough, I suppose.).

Tuition and fees run $60k+ per year… not including travel expenses to Gstaad for the skiing and weekend hotel suites at the Four Seasons in Manhattan.

In my academic career and in business, I’ve met these types… the ones that list their HIGH SCHOOL as a signal of their family connections and training to become your superior… because that’s their place… and please know your place.

I would never think to list my high school on my professional resume. Would you? But it’s a not-so-secret signal among this class of people.

Of course, any idea that pops into their precious heads is simply brilliant… because they ARE brilliant, they’ve been told so since the 9th grade. Daddy was paying $60k a year to have them told that.

This is a bit much. I went to one of those schools and also put it on my resume, AND the woman who hired me for my first job out of college told me straight up that's why she noticed my resume. It's helped me get subsequent jobs too. But I really put it on my resume because I learned far more there than at university. Prep school was more expensive and worth it and I maintain that to this day.

I knew/know plenty of people like you describe, but there are totally legitimate reasons for putting your high school on your resume, especially depending on where you're applying.

Posts: 3693 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of mttaylor1066
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Rick Lee:
    quote:
    Originally posted by mttaylor1066:

This is a bit much. I went to one of those schools and also put it on my resume, AND the woman who hired me for my first job out of college told me straight up that's why she noticed my resume. It's helped me get subsequent jobs too. But I really put it on my resume because I learned far more there than at university. Prep school was more expensive and worth it and I maintain that to this day.

I knew/know plenty of people like you describe, but there are totally legitimate reasons for putting your high school on your resume, especially depending on where you're applying.

Fair enough. I am sincerely glad to learn your boarding school experience has served you well. I suppose I should learn not to paint with an over-broad brush.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1636 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    As Mark Dice suggests, call their customer service number- 800-342-5283 - Oh, whadda ya know? They're no longer taking calls. I'm not kidding. This ditz of a woman has really fucked them up.

And I was not aware that as this video shows, Bud Light already had its head up its ass, with commercials featuring Seth Rogan and disgusting Amy Schumer, about- get this- equal pay for women. No, really, and once they had to pull that one off the air, they featured these same two shitheads at a gay wedding. Really, just fuck you.

Posts: 109166 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    come and take it
    posted Hide Post
    Financials coming in from last weekend and they are devastating. Bars reporting drops of 50% in Budweiser sales, some reporting drops of 70% and even 80%.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/li...sgender-campaign.amp

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1952 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Lawyers, Guns
    and Money
    Picture of chellim1
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Financials coming in from last weekend and they are devastating. Bars reporting drops of 50% in Budweiser sales, some reporting drops of 70% and even 80%.

Alissa Heinerscheid, Bud Light Vice President of Marketing, should post that to her LinkedIn page with the caption:
    "I did that!" Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
    -- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
    -rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Thank you
    Very little
    Picture of HRK
    posted Hide Post
    Now the potential upside to the implosion of Bud Light, if consumers can keep up the boycott long enough that Bud has to cancel their Bud Light brand it will send shock waves through corporate board rooms. Perhaps they will start to question the validity of continuing ESG transgender rainbow support programs.

The one thing that can stop the Democrats desire to run corporate boardrooms as a method to advance their agendas is consumers killing off a national billion dollar product.

If major public companies band together that they are not going to participate in the Blackrock/Democrat ransom ESG programs, those plans cease to be viable.

This is how we stop ESG.

I guess that "frat boy" image wasn't that bad, and on top of her being fired, the whole marketing team and executives that went along with this nonsense should be paraded out the front doors of AB....

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by HRK:

Bud/InBev is loaded with MBA's, high level educated marketing people, have contracts with tons of top level advertising firms.

How's that working out for them now that their customer base is pissed and sales are down catastrophically?

They could fire that cunt VP who came up with this idea, issue a thousand apologies and all the free beer in the world and they will still never get back the amount of customers they lost. Fuck 'em.

Posts: 843 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    So let it be written,
    so let it be done...
    Picture of Dzozer
    posted Hide Post
    Oh No! Poor Howard Stern is confused! Why would Kid Rock do that??
    Heh, Howard Stern... clueless moron

Howard Stern 'dumbfounded' over Kid Rock's Bud Light protest: 'Why are you so upset about this?'
    Budweiser received backlash for its paid partnership with transgender activist Dylan Mulvaney
    By Kristine Parks | Fox News

SiriusXM radio host Howard Stern on Monday slammed singers Kid Rock and Travis Tritt after they came out forcefully against Budweiser's campaign with transgender activist Dylan Mulvaney.

Last week beer maker Anheuser-Busch faced anti-woke backlash from consumers and critics upset at the company's partnership with Mulvaney. The company sent a pack of Bud Light cans celebrating Mulvaney's "full year of girlhood" to the influencer to promote on social media.

Rock responded to the gesture by using Bud Light cans as target practice while declaring, "F--- Bud Light and f--- Anheuser-Busch!"Country singer Travis Tritt also announced on Twitter that he would be removing Anheuser-Busch products from his tour hospitality rider.

Stern was flabbergasted by the reactions, saying he wasn't bothered by companies that wanted to promote a transgender spokesperson.

"I thought there must be a piece of this story that I’m missing," Stern said on his show Monday. "I’m not bothered by gay people or transsexual people. They don’t impact my life, they don’t hurt my life. I love when people are in love. You wanna be a woman? Be a woman. You wanna be a dude, be a dude. Be whatever you f—ing want. As long as you ain’t hurting anybody, I’m on your team," he vented.

Stern revealed he wanted to hear directly from Kid Rock why he was upset by the partnership.

"I wish I could call Kid Rock and have him come on the show and just tell me ‘Why are you so upset about this? How is it hurtful?’ I don’t know why he got so upset," the radio host said.

Stern didn't understand why Rock would bother caring about the company's activism when he was so successful.

"Kid Rock, I know him. He’s got a great life. He transitioned from some kid in Michigan to a rock superstar! I’m really dumbfounded by why someone would care so much that they would blow up a can of Bud Light and say, ‘F*** Anheuser-Busch.’ I don’t get it."

After reading Tritt's comments, Stern said he would like to interview him as well.

"I’m coming from a place of, ‘Why you care so much?'" he reacted.

Link

'veritas non verba magistri'

Posts: 4010 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I used to listen to Stern. He used to do some funny stuff, but then he turned gay about 10 years ago. Once he had on the gay George Takei from star trek, he went full gay pride. He even started having a whole gay month. He went nuts. I tuned out long ago, but I heard he also went full commie on the vaccine stuff saying people should be forced etc. There is much better content out there than this guy.

Posts: 803 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Irksome Whirling Dervish
    Picture of Flashlightboy
    posted Hide Post
    Bud Light is fucked. Unlike gas where your boycott of a station is only a short term feel good because you'll have to get gas eventually, all the AB beers you aren't buying this weekend aren't going to be made up by you buying double the following weekend.

It doesn't work that way. A beer sale lost is lost forever because there are many alternatives to AB and no consumer doubles up.

AB will take a deep plunge and it's already showing. Nice work, lady.

Posts: 4254 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Rick Lee
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Hildur:
    They could fire that cunt VP who came up with this idea, issue a thousand apologies and all the free beer in the world and they will still never get back the amount of customers they lost. Fuck 'em.

Firing her would be a total joke. She didn't just wave a wand and do this in a vacuum. Lots of people had to sign off on it and there was likely a ton of time and opportunity for others to tell her and her team to pull back from the ledge. This was a concerted effort by multiple decision makers and with no guesswork or ambiguity. Lots of heads need to roll over this IF AB is serious about repairing the damage. Firing the face of the campaign would really add insult to injury.

Posts: 3693 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post