SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Bud's for who???
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 61
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Bud's for who??? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
AB hiding out and waiting for it to pass is not working. Sales down every week compared to year over year. It’s been 6 weeks since this thing blew up in their faces. It’s been a month since they had any corporate tweet. Anything they do gets ratio’d and ridiculed. That pandering ad they came out with right away with the horses and all the Americana scenes ? Lame and widely ridiculed. The commercial with the people in the rain at some music festival? They had to turn comments off on YouTube was getting crushed so hard. Now they want to pander harder with a camo can and really appeal back their base of pro military and country music folks. Not gonna work.

And it’s not just your racist ol’ white folks either. Except the woke white libs that love this crap. Maybe my self selected group of Hispanic and Asian and black friends and acquaintances (admittedly a small sample size and they lean conservative or at least lean religious/trad family values) but my friends in those communities find the tranny thing equally disturbing. Big woke companies need to keep pushing the envelope they are gonna find out hard how much the very vast majority of all Americans including minority groups are not down for this.

AB has missed their window to mea culpa and fall on the sword.

Posts: 4978 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
camo can and really appeal back their base of pro military and country music folks.

That idea pisses me off. How predictable. They take us for fools?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39287 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah, changes. Uh huh. If those changes don't include FIRING that condescending, misanthropic, loudmouthed, lecturing, HYPOCRITICAL bitch, then it's not good enough.

Don't tell us about a "change in policy" or any of that weak shit. FIRE this strutting hypocritical woman.

That's it?
Too weak. If you're running that company that dug itself into the hole it's in now, HEADS GOTTA ROLL!
Not just hers.
Who hired her- gone
Her boss- gone
Co-workers who went along with this shit- gone
Anyone who singed off on this shit- gone

A big ole' zoom meeting with everyone in the AB company-
"Those dumbfucks are gone for THIS! You disagree, or want to bitch about it, the door is right there, you can stand behind them in the unemployment line. Now let's roll our sleeves up and get the fuck out of this mess."

I agree with CPD SIG, they need to make a clear statement that using their positions as a bully pulpit under their employers' nameplate is a definite no no and will get you shot from a cannon off company grounds.

HK could launch new ads featuring gorgeous, tan, bikini clad women loading HK magazines with the bullets facing backwards.

Posts: 7409 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:
camo can and really appeal back their base of pro military and country music folks.

That idea pisses me off. How predictable. They take us for fools?

Yes, they do. And they keep wanting to remind everyone that they take their customers for fools. I don't know how AB could make it any more clear. And if people keep buying BL despite the C-suite's disdain for their customers, well, then the C-suite wasn't wrong.

Posts: 3692 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Was watching an AT&T ad for Pride Miami, I'm not sure what telephones have to do with pride, but from the commercial it appears they are leaving the LGB out of Pride and focusing on the T. Was surprised both with the marketing idea as well as the trans focus in the advertisement.

https://turnupthelove.com/videos/

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Yes, they do. And they keep wanting to remind everyone that they take their customers for fools. I don't know how AB could make it any more clear. And if people keep buying BL despite the C-suite's disdain for their customers, well, then the C-suite wasn't wrong.

I went to the dump recently, the guy who came out to inspect my trailer was a thirty-something guy who recognized me from prior visits, so we get to talking, I made a wisecrack about tranny juice. He humorously proclaimed he didn't care, didn't give a shit, doesn't care if there was a penis on the can because BL is his brand...I shook my head and concluded there's a reason why he works at the dump.

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
HK could launch new ads featuring gorgeous, tan, bikini clad women loading HK magazines with the bullets facing backwards.
Yes, and to every pissing, moaning leftist and man-hating woman, I say grow the fuck up. The reality is that men are naturally attracted to beautiful women; hence, the term "attractive". Fucking blind dolts Roll Eyes

Natural, perfectly normal and natural, and no man should ever have to apologize for his nature.

And since the art of advertising in order to promote the sales of goods and services involves enticing potential customers, it follows that areas which are occupied overwhelmingly by males will tend to contain beautiful and/or hot women, and no amount of brow-beating or shouting from plaid-wearing "feminists" (what a joke) can ever change the proclivities of heterosexual men.

In short, mind your own fucking business. We're doing nothing wrong.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CPD SIG:

I agree with CPD SIG, they need to make a clear statement that using their positions as a bully pulpit under their employers' nameplate is a definite no no and will get you shot from a cannon off company grounds.

2 things-
1) AB hasn't made heads roll yet. Nothing... [crickets] AB is loosing $. I think their position is weather the storm out. "This too shall pass", as was stated before.
It might work, depending on the distain of the AMERICAN CONSUMER. I'll tell you right now, I'll NEVER buy anything AB ever again. They get none of my $. I'm the same with blm shit too. Nike, and a whole lot of other companies don't get my $.
But Nike seems to unfortunately be doing good these days. I guess the almighty American Consumer didn't stay upset long enough.
Is the NFL still a thing? How many watched the super bowl? Yeah, I know not as much as the year before, but it still made money, and people still bought Pepsi, Ford, Dorritos...

AB will probably survive this.

2) If H&K does have an add with scantily clad women in bikinis loading magazines the wrong way, I swear to you right now I'll go out and finally get the P-7 I've been wanting for years!!!!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8548 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AB will definitely survive this, and so will BL as a brand. Even if it suffers a permanent 25 percent loss of market share, it's still a billion dollar brand. But even short term losses that hurt the bottom line matter in today's ultra short term focused Wall St. investor community who demands unsustainably infinite growth in revenue and profit quarter after quarter. IMO, that's a cancer in our financial system that contributes to companies doing stupid crap like this in a desperate attempt to gain more sales. It doesn't usually backfire this badly, but it also rarely works. These days it's not good enough to have sustained profitability with an established customer base. The investor mentality is that if you are not growing, you're dying. I lived through this phenomenon in my own corporate marketing career, where my company spent a decade chasing a newer, younger customer demographic that was far from the center of our core market, to great financial detriment. When you spend 80 percent of your budget and resources chasing 10 percent of the market while ignoring the other 90 percent that makes you money, it's a recipe for failure.

Posts: 2534 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"This too shall pass"

No I dont think it will.
Why did people drink Bud Light? It sure ain't for the taste. It's "just my regular order"
Now that people have changed their "regular order" to something else, why would they change back?

There is gonna have to be some BIG incentives, or the new regular company screws even a bigger pooch than AB.

Posts: 1085 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
AB will definitely survive this, and so will BL as a brand. Even if it suffers a permanent 25 percent loss of market share, it's still a billion dollar brand. But even short term losses that hurt the bottom line matter...

Yes, AB will definitely survive this, and so will BL as a brand. As of last week, they were still #1.
But... if it's a permanent 25 percent loss of market share, they won't be for long.

Hopefully, Alissa Heinerscheid's video will be studied in B-school for years to come as a lesson in what NOT to do.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The Miller commercial actually bothers me more than the silly trans man pretending to like bud light. That commercial is straight up garbage.

Do they really think that makes any dude on this planet want to drink their shit beer?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do they really think that makes any dude on this planet want to drink their shit beer?

No... but it makes me want to see some '70's and '80's advertising again. Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with chellim1; bring back real advertising. Heck, I started buying O'Doul's after Kathy Ireland appeared in some of their ads back when. Wink

Posts: 3406 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The Miller commercial is all about erasing the past because they don’t like it.

That’s more bothersome to me than Bud’s trans man debacle. WTF Miller!?!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Bud Light Sales Worsening, -23.3% in Week Five of Widespread Boycott

In the fifth week since the Bud Light backlash began, the latest scan data released shows a worsening drop in sales. The overall trend now shows Bud Light has lost a full quarter of its market position, dropping 23.6% in unit volume and -27.7% in dollar sales.
https://beernet.com/latest-bud...nes-hit-their-floor/

Despite these dollar losses, the parent company does not seem willing to address the root cause. Despite North American sales impacts, the Diversity Equity and Inclusion outlook of the Anheuser-Busch global company is still strongly entrenched in the branding. It does not appear the company is going to modify anything as the very vocal Alphabet ideologues have them captive.

(Washington Examiner) – Bud Light sales are down for a fifth straight week as the financial beating endured by the Anheuser-Busch brand following its partnership with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney appears to have no end in sight.

Sales of Bud Light fell 23.6% for the week ending on May 6 compared to numbers recorded in 2022, according to a report citing data acquired by Bump Williams Consulting and NielsenIQ. (read more)

Previously – Across the United States, wholesalers are on the hook for inventories of Bud Light and Budweiser products that no one is buying. These products have an expiration date, thanks in part to the A/B freshness campaign long ago created. The wholesalers have to swap out the close-dated products that are not being sold in retailers and restaurants. The wholesalers are then stuck with out-of-date product and turn back to the corporate office for help.

From reporting in the Wall Street Journal, Anheuser-Busch (A/B) is telling the wholesalers to give the product free to their employees rather than dump it. By law, they cannot give it away to consumers, and they cannot cross promote the beer by “bundling” alcohol with another CPG product (ie, buy chips, get free beer).

The story is being promoted as A/B being magnanimous in giving the beer to the employees; however, in reality as the product hits its expiration or sell-by date, A/B only has that option, other than to dump it in the garbage and recycle the containers.

https://theconservativetreehou...-widespread-boycott/

-rduckwor

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
As a non-drinker, I'm enjoying the debacle. The shenanigans are quite humorous.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The thing is- once a beer drinker finds a new beer, they're not coming back. I imagine the greater part of these losses are permanent.

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Drink enough of any of it and it all tastes the same anyways, it's just down to what's cheapest and who pisses you off the least. At least speaking for my former segment of the market. Were I still drinking, it would be a simple thing to take one step to the right or left and buy Coors instead of Bud or Miller, and when Coors goes woketard, it would be simple to buy Natty or Beast Lite. Nobody drinks that shit for the flavor, or even really for the buzz, you drink it because you've become a beer drinker and you don't want the extra pounds that come with putting down the amount you like putting down with your favorite beer. With enough effort, you can develop a taste, or at least a tolerance for anything. I never bought Bud or Miller because of their marketing. If and when I bought them, it was because they were cheap light beer and taste was a secondary consideration, being a step up from Beast and Nasty Lite.

Posts: 17675 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
From reporting in the Wall Street Journal, Anheuser-Busch (A/B) is telling the wholesalers to give the product free to their employees rather than dump it. By law, they cannot give it away to consumers, and they cannot cross promote the beer by “bundling” alcohol with another CPG product (ie, buy chips, get free beer).
How about BOGO for non-employee consumers? Is that prohibited, as well?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31451 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post