SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one Login/Join 
Writer by profession,
smartass by the
grace of God.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads-up, Para.

Just alerted my local LE friends, in case they hadn't yet heard.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posts: 618 | Location: Beaverton, OR | Registered: April 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Nashville is lost, we know that. They haven't had a republican mayor since the Civil War.

Now, with crushing, uncontrolled yet invited by lib fools growth, neighboring Rutherford County is sinking fast it seems.

The good news is Tennessee has only went for a Democratic president four times since 1948.

DJT gets almost 2 to 1 votes both times.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Another trans (bio female masquerading as male) planned to shoot them up but was caught before she could inflict carnage.

Maryland transgender teen, 18, is arrested for planning school shooting because he 'wants to be famous' as cops find 130-page manifesto detailing twisted fantasy of trans character who wants to 'cherry pick kids' classrooms to massacre'

By ISABELLE STANELY FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 21:07 EDT, 18 April 2024 | UPDATED: 22:51 EDT, 18 April 2024

A transgender 18-year-old planned a school shooting because he 'wanted to be famous', according to cops who arrested him after finding his 129-page 'manifesto'.

Andrea Ye, whose preferred name is Alex, was arrested on Wednesday and charged with making threats of mass violence after allegedly planning to shoot up Wootton High School in Rockville, Maryland.

Police swooped on Ye after finding a 'manifesto' written by the teen which they said 'writes about committing a school shooting, and strategizes how to carry out the act'.

In the pages, Ye allegedly wrote that he 'wants to be famous' and contemplated targeting an elementary school as 'little kids make easier targets'.

According to court documents seen by ABC, Ye first described the manifesto as 'fiction' but then later described it as 'his memoir'.

Montgomery County Public Schools told Fox that Ye is an active student at Wootton High School in Rockville but has been attending through a virtual program and hadn't been on campus physically since 2022.

Police reportedly said in court records that Ye's sex is female but he uses male pronouns.

After the FBI alerted Montgomery County Police to the manifesto, they obtained a search warrant and found internet searches, drawings and documents related to threats of mass violence.

Ye reportedly put a disclaimer in the book saying it doesn't 'represent the author's beliefs' but a witness - who first contacted authorities in early March - raised concerns that the manifesto bore 'striking similarities' to Ye.

The witness believed the writings indicated Ye was prepared to carry out a mass shooting imminently, according to court documents seen by ABC.

Authorities said they had determined that the manifesto appears to have 'portions of fictional and non-fictional qualities'.

Court documents state that the witness told police that Ye's 'memoir' was about 'a transgender main character' named 'James Wang'.

They said that 'Wang' was 'being bullied in school and other issues that [the witness] believed were directly from Ye's life and not indicative of fiction.'

According to ABC, the manifesto described how the character would 'cherry pick the classrooms that are the easiest targets' and said: 'I have also considered shooting up my former elementary school because little kids make easier targets.'

Authorities said they found social media posts and searches by Ye allegedly looking up 'gun range near me,' and the phrase 'But, I do recognize that my plan is fully unethical. It's selfish and evil', according to court documents seen by ABC.

The documents reportedly show Ye telling an online user: 'My homicidal ideation has been getting worse lately to the point I might act on it eventually,' and then later adding: 'I'd want to kill a lot of people or it wouldn't be worth it.'

Ye was taken into custody on Wednesday and is being held in the Montgomery County Jail while he awaits a bond hearing - he has not yet entered a plea.

Ye has a long history of inpatient care for mental health issues, according to the court documents seen by ABC, and had openly expressed thoughts of homicidal and suicidal ideation.

According to the court documents, Ye was previously hospitalized 'for threatening to 'shoot up a school'.

He was evaluated at his home and then hospitalized again in March, the hospital then raised an alarm with school and law enforcement officials because of 'the threat posed by Ye.'

A counselor who had worked with Ye told authorities that he 'would express violent thoughts such as shooting up the school' and 'would smile while saying it,' according to the documents seen by ABC.

Q

Posts: 26401 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
So once again, “bullying” is the root cause for yet another transgender “victim” lashing out, instead of a clearly mentally ill teen planning on using extreme violence against peers that don’t accept them with open arms, thereby validating their flawed thinking. Got it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
So once again, “bullying” is the root cause for yet another transgender “victim” lashing out, instead of a clearly mentally ill teen planning on using extreme violence against peers that don’t accept them with open arms, thereby validating their flawed thinking. Got it.
Most teens are toxic mixtures of raging hormones and insecurity. Most teens don’t accept “normal” teens with open arms. Many of them are either in cliques or upset that they are not. Most of them are too busy trying to figure out their own shit to be empathetic and open to other teens going through all the same stuff that they are, let alone anyone who is different in whatever way.

Two things have really struck me: From high school reunions, I was shocked at how some folks settled down and actually became human (possibly including meSmile), and I don’t know if Mrs slosig and I were incredibly lucky with our kids, if their school environment was drastically better than ours, if kids are doing better these days, or what.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next questions about Ye is what was their home life like? Are there parents? Was the father around or, was present but, a dismissive/Archie Bunker-type?

quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
Two things have really struck me: From high school reunions, I was shocked at how some folks settled down and actually became human (possibly including meSmile), and I don’t know if Mrs slosig and I were incredibly lucky with our kids, if their school environment was drastically better than ours, if kids are doing better these days, or what.

Yup.
A friend remarked the other day about how someone from high school reached out to him on social. I reminded him that whatever impression we had from our youth, they're probably a lot different today; it's been thirty-years, a lot has changed. It's those individuals that haven't changed, that you wonder if they're the ones where 'high school was their peak' and now the world just speeds past them.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
Most teens don’t accept “normal” teens with open arms.

A good discussion, slosig.

I have no offspring and don’t pay much attention to such issues, but it seems to me that “bullying” has become or at least becoming a cause of the day despite the fact that there’s nothing new or different about it. I was targeted at various times in many different schools to a degree 60+ years ago for reasons that aren’t clear to me to this day. But what I do know is that they weren’t because I was short, fat, had the wrong color eyes or skin, where I lived or didn’t live, because of anything about my family, was too rich or too poor, my religious beliefs and practices, and certainly not because I was female, male, transsexual, gay, or exhibited any other standout characteristics. If anything, I suppose it was I was somehow perceived as being susceptible to aggression.

As has been mentioned in other discussions, one thing that seems to be more common these days is that the parents (mothers, especially) try to shield their children from every possible insult from the physical to the psychological. And of course at some point in their lives, that shielding no longer protects people from real life, and they then may be more vulnerable and less able to cope with insults than those who weren’t shielded from life earlier.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although other kids bullying is a giant portion of the problem,

What the parents of those children are filling their fertile little minds with should be of concern as well.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54647 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Continuing other comments about these newest generations...

We're all somehow the sum of our experiences. Yet we also must learn to deal with losing, there are some things we're not good at, learning at different rates, social pressures, and so on. I tend to think we seniors learned from the calmness of the parents and grandparents who came before us. We learned we're not all the same and that is OK.

It does not seem like enough yutes have the skills to deal with these times we live in now, and social media, family life, and likely schools have failed miserably to teach critical thinking. We often say here how current liberalism is too much about feelings. Too few understand the difference between facts and feelings, and frustration overwhelms comprehension. The un-thinking lash out.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
...but it seems to me that “bullying” has become or at least becoming a cause of the day despite the fact that there’s nothing new or different about it.

A certain amount of bullying, I think, is healthy. It is the natural order of all things animal. It establishes a pecking order if you will, and to an extent, it is innate, and helps with growth and development.

That's on the one hand. On the other, I think bullying today is far different than when we were kids, and more damaging. Social media is just plain evil and it is fucking kids up big time.

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
...but it seems to me that “bullying” has become or at least becoming a cause of the day despite the fact that there’s nothing new or different about it.

A certain amount of bullying, I think, is healthy. It is the natural order of all things animal. It establishes a pecking order if you will, and to an extent, it is innate, and helps with growth and development.

Agree. Some bullying is healthy and natural. It is how the bulk of us grow into functional and normal adults. Part of the equation, anyway.

Posts: 6367 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Most of these people (teenage and older) becoming trans are mentally ill in some manner, and would have never made it past the previous psych screening before transitioning. This is the newest "look at me" crap. From what has been seen, most of these trans school shooters (the actuals and wanna-bes) would have been a school shooter even without transitioning, they are that screwed up. Everyone gets bullied in life and they should learn to deal with it. My thought is what about the children who are being "bullied" into transitioning from their screwed up parents trying to get the latest Woke Merit Badge or from teachers grooming them. Kids can't get tattoos, buy or possess alcohol or cigarettes, yet certain states allow or require that kids be chemically/hormone doped and have body parts cut off........Welcome to the Fucking Twilight Zone.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mentally ill attention-seeking teens seem to glom onto whatever outward demonstration is fashionable. In the 80's girls were anorexic or bulimic. In the 90's it was "Goth". Then came the blue and pink hair and lots of tats and piercings, and now it's "trans". They go for whatever will attract the most attention.

And shooting up a school is the signal biggest attention seeking act I can think of. Non-stop media coverage for days and weeks.

But it is telling that the leftist media always tries to paint shooters as far-right, and as soon as we find out they are antifa or trans or other far-left, the media kills the story. And actually, a LACK of publicity and fame for the shooter is the best way to prevent future shooters. But the media is doing it for the wrong reasons.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Mentally ill attention-seeking teens ...

It is, without question, mental illness. These kids think/believe that they are something that they are not and cannot be. The truly sad part about it is that adults that should be looking out for them and caring for them are encouraging and enabling this.

I heard someone else recently say that this is no different than a kid thinking he was a bird and adults allowing him to jump off a roof. We would never allow that, yet we encourage this. Unbelievable.

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
It is not as simple as that anymore gus. There are so many children in the care of the state. And the state encourages shit like this to a degree most would be horrified if they actually knew what was going on. That is unbelievable.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19190 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post