SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:

...That's one of the truths of a free society. There is no fool-proof way to prevent crazy people from doing harm. One of the trade-offs of being free is accepting the risks, including that until others have been found dangerous via due process, we cannot restrain them...

I get so effing tired of hearing politicians (on both sides, BTW) and other weak-minded control freaks insisting that the primary job of the Government is to "keep its citizens safe."

Bullshit!

Keep Government from destroying our liberties, and we'll handle the rest, thank-you!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9225 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:

I've done several searches looking for it online somewhere as I'd like to read it myself, but I keep coming up empty. If someone could provide a link I would much appreciate it. Thanks!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...uberty-blockers.html

Thank you @wcb6092...

quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Audrey Hale Had Been Treated by Vanderbilt Psychiatric for 22 Years from 2001 Until Her 2023 Death
<<snip>>

Also on Wednesday, retired MNPD Lieutenant Garet Davidson told The Star that VUMC staff did not report Hale’s violent fantasies to law enforcement.

<<snip>>

And it seems... YET AGAIN... that somebody knew in advance that a serious problem was going on with this person and kept it to themselves!!! Mad

While there IS this thing called doctor-patient privilege, when someone is a danger to others, there is a duty to report it!

Edit to add: Without digging back through all the previous writings, I seem to remember that this woman's weapons were all purchased legally, at least many (most) from FFLs. That means she had to pass a NICS background check... something that should have never happened given her extensive history of mental illness! Now tell me, where was the failure? What was the exact breakdown of the system? The doctor/medical facility that didn't report her? No method to report her? I just don't get why this keeps happening!

Posts: 4669 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:

While there IS this thing called doctor-patient privilege, when someone is a danger to others, there is a duty to report it!

Now tell me, where was the failure? What was the exact breakdown of the system? The doctor/medical facility that didn't report her? No method to report her? I just don't get why this keeps happening!

The doc probably did not believe that she was planning to commit violence. Having fantasies is not the same as intention to act. In addition, it is not a secret that the doc has a duty to report, which means the patient could lie and say they do not want to actually harm anybody.

We've all had fantasies of all kinds, but without any desire to actually do it.

This keeps happening because there are crazy people. There are likely several causes due to modern pharmaceutical products and other social factors which increase the prevalence of crazy people, but even hinting at those is unacceptable.

Posts: 9554 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
From Sigmonkey:
quote:
While it might prevent an occasional event, the greater damage that will occur to many people who will never cross the line, but intrusive and unconstitutional stepping on the rights and freedom of individuals, is a too many cans of worms best left unopened.

TRUTH!
While this (and many others), are an obviously tragic event, it is still is a drop in the ocean compared to the numbers of lives are lost when an oppressive goobermint takes control of human rights.

*Never* has the removal of God given rights resulted in less deaths. Just look at the hundreds of millions of lives lost by total government control in the 20th century.

It is idiotic to think that the result will be different just because it’s “our” government doing it.
Even the craziest goofballs in our society can’t put up the numbers of hideous deaths compared to government agents.
These tragic deaths, as gruesome as they are, are child’s play compared to government numbers.
It is the price we pay for a free society. If we could get the .gov to get out our way, we could handle the occasional mental defectives directly in a much faster time frame.
As an old meme says, “Change my mind.”

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3783 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
We've all had fantasies of all kinds, but without any desire to actually do it.
Heck, pre-marriage many of us probably had (non-violent) fantasies along with the desire to do it, but we were realistic enough to know that you can’t always get what you want.

Posts: 6956 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
Heck, pre-marriage many of us probably had (non-violent) fantasies along with the desire to do it, but we were realistic enough to know that you can’t always get what you want.

But if you try sometime you just might find, you can get what you need.

Posts: 9554 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
This problem with expecting the "system" to prevent this problem is brought to light with the Hunter Biden court case.
The 4473 form is really all that prevents this and it's done by voluntary self-reporting by the purchaser checking a box on the form.
In other words, a joke.

Posts: 9653 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yep. The 4473 form to one that intends to obtain a firearm for ill intent is akin to asking the dog not to bite the cat.
The dog barking while wagging its tail, the cat looking at you like you are the ultimate dumbass, as you walk away saying: "Goodboy!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44059 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Do we know whether Hale was being given testosterone? It's my understanding that some other trans shooters have been.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6087 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Threatening crazy people with criminal charges if they misuse firearms or fill out a form wrong is hardly an effective deterrent when they don't expect to survive the event anyway.
And we think they're crazy?

Posts: 9653 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Tennessee Star’s Michael Patrick Leahy Provides Update After Hearing in Nashville Where Judge Threatened Him with Jail Over Trans Shooter’s Manifesto

Michael Patrick Leahy, CEO of The Tennessee Star, provided an update after a Nashville court hearing where the judge threatened him with contempt and prison for publishing contents of trans shooter Audrey Hale’s manifesto.

The manifesto of Covenant School shooter Audrey Elizabeth Hale, a biological female who identified as a transgender male at the time of her horrific attack on March 27, 2023, was leaked again last Friday.

Star News Digital Media, Inc., which owns and operates The Star, and the publication’s editor-in-chief, Michael Patrick Leahy, are currently plaintiffs in lawsuits seeking to compel the Metro Nashville Police Department (MNPD) and the FBI to release Hale’s writings, including those referred to as a manifesto.

The Tennessee Star confirmed last Wednesday that it had obtained nearly four dozen pages of Hale’s writings from a source familiar with the investigation. The March 11, 2023 entry revealed her intense desire to possess a “penis.”

Hale’s diary entry begins with the title “My Imaginary Penis” and includes a crude drawing. “My penis exists in my head. I swear to god I’m a male,” wrote Hale in the diary. She then expressed her desire to have a penis for heterosexual intercourse, according to The Tennessee Star.

Tennessee Chancery Court Judge l’Ashea Myles ordered Michael Patrick Leahy to appear before the court on Monday to determine whether Leahy and The Tennessee Star violated any court orders related to publishing news stories on the shooter’s writings.

The judge appeared to back off…for now.

Michael Patrick Leahy is a free man.

Michael Patrick Leahy said he is going to continue to exercise his First Amendment rights.

https://x.com/BrentScher/status/1802757079087657432

Posts: 108103 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
His demeanor comes across as a gentleman should.

I have seen some of his videos, and he comes across as a decent, honest individual.

I'll stand with him.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44059 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The real question everyone should be demanding an answer to is why is this tiny minority of mentally ill people being protected and catered to over the millions of those of us that think the truth matters? If someone did what this crazy bitch did for political reasons (especially leaning right) it would be front page news all day, every day.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15693 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post